Notes from Europe

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Rudy Van Horne
Lance Cpl.

Re: Notes from Europe

Post by Rudy Van Horne »

Beer Jew wrote:The problem with refugees is not that they rape, pillage and kill. The problem with refugees is that our already overtaxed infrastructure can't support them in the sheer numbers they arrive.
Bit of both!
Kipping for Jesus

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (306.5 KiB) Viewed 5357 times
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Rudy Van Horne wrote:
Sangoma wrote:I spent most of January in Europe: Holland, Czech Republic, Germany and Austria. From what I have observed the "refugee problem" is complete bullshit. No trouble on the streets, and plenty of it on TV. No refugees visible in Amsterdam, Prague or Antwerpen. Sure, plenty of Arabs and Middle Eastern looking people, most of them couples with kids. There were plenty of young Arab guys on New Year's Eve in Vienna, behaving like young guys do: noisy, but orderly. Occasionally bothering single girls, but not in malicious way. In other words not very different from how young Australian guys behave, except that most Muslims don't drink.

Talking to people on Europe you quickly realise one thing: negativity is coming from the media: nobody had bad experience with refugees, but everyone heard bad thing happening somewhere else on TV or from a newspaper. Sexual harassment that haunts German society originates in one event: on New Year's Eve a bunch of Arabic looking guys grabbed single women near the Central Station in Cologne. Sure, there is nothing to say to defend this behaviour, but it is not even clear if these guys were refugees or German born. Watching news on TV before driving to Cologne from Dusseldorf one evening nearly resulted in cancelling the trip (which turned out to be the most underwhelming day of the whole of January). Whenever I talk to them I ask if theree were any other similar incidences. Guess what: nothing. Media is capable of only presenting the bad, and given their ultra-short attention span and complete lack of accountability - and you get the perfect recipe for getting the picture of the world that is completely different from reality. I am sure that it is not possible to avoid tensions and problems when immigrants enter the country in large numbers, but what we are told is grossly exaggerated.

Every protest and tension with refugees in Europe makes the first or second page of every newspaper. Yet, when several thousand people in Vienna went to the Central Station to welcome trains with refugees - that story was told in under hundred words somewhere in the middle of Sydney Morning Herald. Journalism is the second oldest profession... after prostitution.
Well I don't know about Australia so your point may be valid there but as for Europe it's nonsense. The big problem has been police and media covering up events like New Years gropefest. Here, unless you read the right wing comic Daily Mail, you're only going to get one point of view; mass immigration is a good thing and if you even question one ounce of it it's because you are a scared bigot. It's very hard to get a balanced view.

There are plenty of instances that have led to the view of North African / middle eastern immigrants being a bit rapey, New Year's Eve just stood out by the sheer scale. Same as the Rotherham mass grooming scandal. Many, many women and girls have been affected by it, and for you to dismiss it as you didn't encounter anyone who had is pretty shitty. Even elements of the Pakistani community here are beginning to speak out against their brethren having a terrible, racist attitude to western women, and credit to them for that.

Even bastions of liberal delusion like Sweden are waking up to what an open door policy means. The populace their are fed up, and it's got nothing to do with their media.
Our media in Sweden is firmly in the hands of left wing journalists (unproportional amounts of jurnos vote for greens,feminists and the old communist party).I have stopped reading swedish media asit is tries to hide or whitewash everything.Today as an example the residents of Rinkeby thought that torching a police car was a good idea.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Rudy Van Horne wrote:
Many, many women and girls have been affected by it, and for you to dismiss it as you didn't encounter anyone who had is pretty shitty.
I am not dismissing it, and what happened in Cologne is certainly serious. My beef is with the way it is presented, in one-sided manner. Sexual assault by an Anglo-Saxon does not label the whole nation as rapists, while if it is done by a Muslim immigrant it certainly means that all of them are horny criminals. Crime has no nationality, and most people anywhere in the world are against it.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Smet, are you really that stupid?
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

You have to elaborate.

Rudy Van Horne
Lance Cpl.

Post by Rudy Van Horne »

Sangoma wrote:
Rudy Van Horne wrote:
Many, many women and girls have been affected by it, and for you to dismiss it as you didn't encounter anyone who had is pretty shitty.
I am not dismissing it, and what happened in Cologne is certainly serious. My beef is with the way it is presented, in one-sided manner. Sexual assault by an Anglo-Saxon does not label the whole nation as rapists, while if it is done by a Muslim immigrant it certainly means that all of them are horny criminals. Crime has no nationality, and most people anywhere in the world are against it.
Well you said it was bullshit spun up by the media and everywhere you went it didn't happen, so that is pretty dismissive.

No one is saying that all Muslims are rapists. But it's clear from the huge increase in sexual assaults that has come with this recent surge of ME / NA immigration that a large portion of the incoming people have a very different attitude to women than the indigenous population. The 'please don't rape people' classes being dished out in refugee camps show that even the touchy feely types that go there to help are aware that something needs to change.

The 'white people commit rapes too' is such a lame argument. And Even if a thousand Australians formed a grope gang at a train station in a Muslim country, do you really feel the locals would unreasonable saying that it was out of order and that perhaps Australians were no longer welcome? Would you just say 'don't be fooled by your racist media, Australians will enrich your culture, Muslims commit rapes too'?
Kipping for Jesus

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Well,we never used to have guards at libraries,undercover police at the swimming baths etc,but we do now and you know what the biggest difference between the 80s and now is?
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Well,we never used to have guards at libraries,undercover police at the swimming baths etc,but we do now and you know what the biggest difference between the 80s and now is?
"being a pussy".

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Bobby wrote:Well,we never used to have guards at libraries,undercover police at the swimming baths etc,but we do now and you know what the biggest difference between the 80s and now is?
South African expat doctors maybe? :finga:
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

SubClaw wrote:
Bobby wrote:Well,we never used to have guards at libraries,undercover police at the swimming baths etc,but we do now and you know what the biggest difference between the 80s and now is?
South African expat doctors maybe? :finga:
Not many south african doctors in Sweden.
"being a pussy".

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Rudy Van Horne wrote:
Beer Jew wrote:The problem with refugees is not that they rape, pillage and kill. The problem with refugees is that our already overtaxed infrastructure can't support them in the sheer numbers they arrive.
Bit of both!
But if they can't handle the inflow of refugees, how are they supposed to induce far broker nations (Greece, Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, and Pakistan) to not leave the floodgates open?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Rudy Van Horne
Lance Cpl.

Post by Rudy Van Horne »

Turdacious wrote:
Rudy Van Horne wrote:
Bit of both!
But if they can't handle the inflow of refugees, how are they supposed to induce far broker nations (Greece, Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, and Pakistan) to not leave the floodgates open?
It's likely that you can't. I don't blame those nations one bit for wanting to wave people through. The only way to stop it is to make it clear that there will be no route to a better life for anybody in Europe aside from legitimate refugees taken from legitimate refugee camps.

Let's face it, most of the horde are not fleeing from war or persecution but are economic migrants looking for what they can grab. Can't say I blame them, though they are of course gonna crowd out those families in genuine need, and harden European hearts to the people in genuine trouble, but it's clear they have a 'fuck 'em' attitude to each other as well.

The young men of the loser class from half the countries you listed are baying at the fences along with the middle class Syrian families whose homes have exploded. It's these fuckers who are taking food and shelter from refugee kids, it's not that Europeans aren't feeling guilty / generous enough. And this situation won't stop as long as the come one, come all message is being sent out.
Kipping for Jesus

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

tough old man wrote:They have never contributed to the world ...
You wanna rethink that position?

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Nope.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

The rapist refugee as Germany’s boogeyman
The elevation of racism seeks to alter the feminist conception of gender equality as a struggle against all-male dominance to that of white women, with the help of white male allies, pushing against the inherent misogyny of brown men threatening to take over Europe. In fact, not all rape cases in Europe are allotted such moral outrage. In 2011, French prosecutors probing the case of former International Monetary Fund Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn refused to bring charges even after they admitted there was evidence that he had sexually assaulted Nafissatou Diallo, a Black housekeeper at a New York hotel where he was staying. The obvious prosecutorial apathy in Diallo’s case did not rise to an indictment on all French men or an emblematic failure to protect French women. Strauss’ actions, as those of most white men, were seen as aberrations from the norm while the allegations of mass sexual assaults in Cologne were quickly defined as the norm for brown men.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

here is solution for refugee problem. Carolin looks happy.
Max and Carolin offered their spare room to Ibrahim, an asylum-seeker from Syria, after he struggled to find somewhere to stay in Berlin.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Then he raped her and killed her.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (84.26 KiB) Viewed 5071 times

Rudy Van Horne
Lance Cpl.

Post by Rudy Van Horne »

Sangoma wrote:The rapist refugee as Germany’s boogeyman
The elevation of racism seeks to alter the feminist conception of gender equality as a struggle against all-male dominance to that of white women, with the help of white male allies, pushing against the inherent misogyny of brown men threatening to take over Europe. In fact, not all rape cases in Europe are allotted such moral outrage. In 2011, French prosecutors probing the case of former International Monetary Fund Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn refused to bring charges even after they admitted there was evidence that he had sexually assaulted Nafissatou Diallo, a Black housekeeper at a New York hotel where he was staying. The obvious prosecutorial apathy in Diallo’s case did not rise to an indictment on all French men or an emblematic failure to protect French women. Strauss’ actions, as those of most white men, were seen as aberrations from the norm while the allegations of mass sexual assaults in Cologne were quickly defined as the norm for brown men.
Again, no one is saying ALL immigrants are rapists, or that NO white Europeans commit rape. That article makes a point of the false allegation and then quickly mentions the 100 sexual assaults carried out on New Year's Eve.

100 sexual assaults.

1000 strong mob of perpetrators.

If you're answer to these numbers is 'look, this French guy assaulted a black house keeper too' then you must be being wilfully stupid. That article certainly is.
Kipping for Jesus

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

The title of the thread is Notes from Europe, and I laid out mine for comparison. Visiting is obviously different from living, and my impression can easily be wrong. Large influx of of strange looking people to conservative small towns is a shock in any case. Add on top of this the inability of politicians to deal with racial and religious issues - and the result can be quite uncomfortable.

Yes, I'm drunk

Post by Yes, I'm drunk »

Sangoma wrote:I spent most of January in Europe: Holland, Czech Republic, Germany and Austria. From what I have observed the "refugee problem" is complete bullshit. No trouble on the streets, and plenty of it on TV. No refugees visible in Amsterdam.....
LOL! A decapitated head was found this morning on the streets of Amsterdam!!

Head found on Amstelveenseweg in Amsterdam
On the night of Monday to Tuesday's decapitated body was the 23-year-old Nabil Amzieb, known to the police, found in a burned car on the Mijehof in Amsterdam Southeast. Police are investigating whether the found head belongs to the body.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

"being a pussy".

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Sangoma wrote:The title of the thread is Notes from Europe, and I laid out mine for comparison. Visiting is obviously different from living, and my impression can easily be wrong. Large influx of of strange looking people to conservative small towns is a shock in any case. Add on top of this the inability of politicians to deal with racial and religious issues - and the result can be quite uncomfortable.
Considering the racial policies and politics in the country you're from, and the refugee policies in the country you live in, that's an interesting statement.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule