Notes from Europe

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Re: Notes from Europe

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Turdacious wrote:
Sangoma wrote:The title of the thread is Notes from Europe, and I laid out mine for comparison. Visiting is obviously different from living, and my impression can easily be wrong. Large influx of of strange looking people to conservative small towns is a shock in any case. Add on top of this the inability of politicians to deal with racial and religious issues - and the result can be quite uncomfortable.
Considering the racial policies and politics in the country you're from, and the refugee policies in the country you live in, that's an interesting statement.
Didn't he live somewhere else in between?
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:
Turdacious wrote:
Sangoma wrote:The title of the thread is Notes from Europe, and I laid out mine for comparison. Visiting is obviously different from living, and my impression can easily be wrong. Large influx of of strange looking people to conservative small towns is a shock in any case. Add on top of this the inability of politicians to deal with racial and religious issues - and the result can be quite uncomfortable.
Considering the racial policies and politics in the country you're from, and the refugee policies in the country you live in, that's an interesting statement.
Didn't he live somewhere else in between?
The land of the Krugerrand-- I forgot about that.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Bobby wrote:Well,we never used to have guards at libraries,undercover police at the swimming baths etc,but we do now and you know what the biggest difference between the 80s and now is?
Zuba's?
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

TerryB wrote:
Bobby wrote:Well,we never used to have guards at libraries,undercover police at the swimming baths etc,but we do now and you know what the biggest difference between the 80s and now is?
Zuba's?
I am older O:)
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Hey Smet! Its nice to see that Aussies have a muslim problem. Check out your Guardians of Freedom facebook site.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

As details of the proposals made on 7 March at the EU summit with Turkey are being discussed in preparation for the subsequent meeting on Thursday, diplomats said on Monday that several changes are debated. A series of events, including formal objections from at least five countries, the results of German elections, and a terrorist attack in Ankara, cast doubt on how a final agreement would be formulated. Initial proposals attracted a steady stream of harsh criticism from governments and UN agencies. Cyprus opposed any deal to move forward on EU membership for Turkey until Ankara fully respects all commitments made with Nicosia. Bulgaria required the agreement to also focus on the impact it may see at its border with Turkey; France and Spain have also raised humanitarian concerns. Spanish foreign minister José Manuel García-Margallo called the proposed agreement “unacceptable” in remarks to reporters on Monday.

Other diplomats stressed that since the deal does not include a substantial resettlement program from Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon, where the majority of Syrian refugees are, it could have little impact in offering refugees with alternatives to smuggling.
http://reliefweb.int/report/greece/wint ... 16-1217-pm
That doesn't include the Portugese unwillingness to pay, French humanitarian concern in the Calais context, and the Greeks nearly sacking a minister who called fYRoM 'Macedonia'-- and that's just the shit that happened in the last couple of days.
Bottom line, this isn't getting solved anytime soon, because Europeans can't even get along with each other. Nevermind the independent Syrian Kurdistan idea that has Turkish and Iraqi panties in a bunch.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

odin
Sgt. Major

Post by odin »

Fellas, stop worrying about the sky falling in. There's a massive shift to the right in Europe at the mo. Advocating or supporting mass asylum is political suicide. The main threat to the status quo in the uk at least is government unwillingness to invest in the military and their underestimate as to the value of having big, powerful state machines like army & police.
Don't try too hard, don't not try too hard

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Turdacious wrote:
You have to specify what country that is? Russia, Israel, South Africa or Australia (you can add Latvia and Estonia to the list)? Each of these has a boogie man foreigner about to take over and destroy life as they know it.