Q for the Republicans

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Re: Q for the Republicans

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
johno wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:
johno wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote: it was obviously deliberate. That doesn't make her a Nazi, but she's obviously stirring shit. That is irresponsible as fuck.
And you people say the Right is paranoid.
I saw the photo first and dismissed it, and only had a vague idea of who she was. Then you see the gif and it's obvious that the photo's not an accident. She's an asshole playing games.

Ingraham's wrist was straight for what, 0.50 seconds? Your body language and mind reading skills are amazing.
Doesn't matter what the group of semi-nazi's here think about it, the fact is that REAL white supremacist groups think it's real and that can't be good.

*shrug*
That's a strong point. When we're talking about communication in a political sphere, more and more what's relevant is not intent, it's effect.

Nobody should concern themselves too terribly much with whether a ISIS fighter is motivated by politics, insanity or the Koran. The EFFECT of his message is exactly what it is....spreading a specific religious ideology. The flip side of this is that we all become paralyzed trying NOT to be misinterpreted. To me this a lessor concern.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

Kenny X wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:

it was obviously deliberate. That doesn't make her a Nazi, but she's obviously stirring shit. That is irresponsible as fuck.
Irresponsible as fuck, indeed. There's no place for crap like that in American politics and I detest that this shit is getting stirred.
Can't speak for Ingraham, but as to Trump's somewhat horiz. wave, when public officials, sports figures or beauty queens wave to people in a parade or stadium, they do a reaching wave to the common folks way in the back. A wave to someone in the front row, is more vertical and less pronounced. When it's a wave to people way in the back of the crowd or auditorium it's more of a reach in their direction and often more emphatic motion. Now if Trump starts turning his often thumbs-up wave into a thumbs down, he's already seeing himself as the Emperor. Laura is more than likely stirring shit, and has some splaining to do, which will lead to more air time.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

DikTracy6000 wrote:
Kenny X wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:

it was obviously deliberate. That doesn't make her a Nazi, but she's obviously stirring shit. That is irresponsible as fuck.
Irresponsible as fuck, indeed. There's no place for crap like that in American politics and I detest that this shit is getting stirred.
Can't speak for Ingraham, but as to Trump's somewhat horiz. wave, when public officials, sports figures or beauty queens wave to people in a parade or stadium, they do a reaching wave to the common folks way in the back. A wave to someone in the front row, is more vertical and less pronounced. When it's a wave to people way in the back of the crowd or auditorium it's more of a reach in their direction and often more emphatic motion. Now if Trump starts turning his often thumbs-up wave into a thumbs down, he's already seeing himself as the Emperor. Laura is more than likely stirring shit, and has some splaining to do, which will lead to more air time.
I never started really worrying about any of this shit until Mrs. Kenny X and I started trying to start a family. The moment the baby-making maneuvers began, I started to think less about how "Meh, I really don't care what happens, long as they don't make fishing and drinking beer illegal" and more about "Holy shit, why am I even considering bringing a new life into this shit show these assholes are writing, directing, producing, and filming?"

And you wanna know what the capper is?

The fact that a lot of it is my fucking fault. It's true. My previously bullshit apathetic, lazy, slacker-esque, proto-hipster, laissez-faire "Meh, I really don't care what happens, long as they don't make fishing and drinking beer illegal" attitude lead me to make certain decisions, and not make certain other decisions, which contributed to this problem. And now here I am, at the eleventh fucking hour, back-tracking, trying to take it all back, getting concerned, Hell, overly concerned, because now my wife and I are trying to have a kid, and I feel like an even bigger douche because now, NOW it suddenly all seems to matter to me.

Fuck me. Seriously, what kind of crappy American have I been? A really, REALLY crappy one.

And I don't want to be that guy. And what's more, I don't want to be that other guy who knows he fucked up in not participating and in not making more of an effort to be a conscious, pro-active citizen, but can't admit it to himself and his friends and who instead turns on his heels and becomes a hyper-political, hyper-polarized, hyper-involved uber-bleeding heart or uber-hardliner, either.

I'm trying to work with what I have, and make more intelligent, informed decisions; trying to get involved the right way.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

The only good thing I can come close to saying about Trump is that he is the wrecking ball the GOP needed to be hit with.
If only Bernie had the balls to do the same to the side.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

all i'll say is that if i were trying to get sheldon adelson to donate $6 million, that's not the way i'd play it.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:The only good thing I can come close to saying about Trump is that he is the wrecking ball the GOP needed to be hit with.
If only Bernie had the balls to do the same to the side.

100% truth. Instead, Bernie acted like a pussy at the most critical moment, and then sold out.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

[Paul] Ryan, 46, is chairman of the convention at which Trump was officially nominated on Tuesday. But he has kept a low profile, avoiding the convention's opening day on Monday, and instead holding meetings with state delegations and addressing private gatherings of Republican supporters, according to aides and attendees.

At the meetings, according to attendees, Ryan has been pushing his "Better GOP" platform, a six-part agenda that shares strong similarities to the form of conservatism President George W. Bush advocated - reduced regulation, lower taxes, and welfare reform. It contrasts with the speeches typically delivered by Trump, who prefers to lambaste his opponents and skip detailed policy discussions.

Doug Heye, a former House Republican leadership aide close to Ryan, said Ryan's platform "gives them something that they can talk to constituents about that isn’t divisive, that isn’t name calling."
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-e ... SKCN10019Z

I wonder if there will be different messages. Should make for an interesting few months.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

DikTracy6000 wrote:Back to your original question. I have varying degrees in confidence in Trump's ability to be President.
1. Economy- 85%(Hillary-10%)
2. Protect the USA against enemies(60%)-Hillary 15%
3. Trade deals-60%(Current admin including Bush dynasty-10%)
4. Military and The Thin Blue Line-85%(current admin which includes HRC-25%)
5. Working with Congress 50/50 toss up for either. We'll see. I like Pence, but don't think Trump is a great listener.
My hope is either Trump wins and follows thru on some of his promises, or he loses and the current two party system undergoes a revolution which changes our election process. I was waiting till after the Pa. primary to change my affiliation to independent after 45 years as a registered Republican.
I think Hillary would be better on 5, which is a bad thing. Obama was an absolute pussy who got destroyed by Congress in his initial two years - Hillary knows what she would be getting into and how to get it. The idea of her reaching her objectives, whatever they happen to be this morning, is frightening. Trump, on the other hand, would have 80% of Congress trying to stop him - the most radical ideas likely would never have an opportunity to be discussed but, as we should have learned in the past 30 years or so, philosophy of the person in charge really matters.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:The only good thing I can come close to saying about Trump is that he is the wrecking ball the GOP needed to be hit with.
"The success of Trump's campaign in the GOP primary shows that the GOP base does not care about a consistent ideological framework at all. Conservatives have tried to sell their worldview as if it's a cogent ideology founded in principles that are consistently applied. In reality, modern day conservatism manifests much more simply: a resentment toward a world that is constantly changing. One of the most powerful sources of this resentment is seeing the erosion of white supremacy and the changing racial makeup of the US."

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
"The success of Trump's campaign in the GOP primary shows that the GOP base does not care about a consistent ideological framework at all. Conservatives have tried to sell their worldview as if it's a cogent ideology founded in principles that are consistently applied. In reality, modern day conservatism manifests much more simply: a resentment toward a world that is constantly changing. One of the most powerful sources of this resentment is seeing the erosion of white supremacy and the changing racial makeup of the US."
That's ridiculous. The majority of GOP voters have views on race that are on par with Clinton supporters. Trump supporters are in the minority.
https://psmag.com/one-way-ted-cruzs-sup ... .9062a46n9

And regarding immigration Trump is an outlier-- not following the Reagan/Bubba model at all
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Yes I Have Balls

Turdacious wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:
That's ridiculous. The majority of GOP voters have views on race that are on par with Clinton supporters. Trump supporters are in the minority.

And regarding immigration Trump is an outlier-- not following the Reagan/Bubba model at all
The majority of PRIMARY Trump voters see "I will restore law and order" as racist code for, "I will keep blacks and #BLM in their place."

You can disagree, but you'd be wrong.

Yes I Have Balls

Turdacious wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:

I mean, David Duke, former Grand Wizard of KKK, is entering the Senate race in Louisiana because the Trump Train "encourages his vision for America."

Not gonna find many Clinton supporters that agree with that.....

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:The majority of PRIMARY Trump voters see "I will restore law and order" as racist code for, "I will keep blacks and #BLM in their place."

You can disagree, but you'd be wrong.
Eh, I have nice enough in-laws who figure if somebody got shot by a cop they did something to deserve it. They aren't worried about keeping blacks in their place, they just don't follow what's going on with black folks because they live in all white areas and are older.

OTOH, I think Jerry Fallwell Jr. and that political-religion-leadership crowd really do know that Trump shares their values about as much as Putin does. Those guys took a less-principled stand than a lot of elected Republicans I considered power-hungry whores. Fuck those people, I hope they go down hard if Trump loses.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:I mean, David Duke, former Grand Wizard of KKK, is entering the Senate race in Louisiana because the Trump Train "encourages his vision for America."

Not gonna find many Clinton supporters that agree with that.....
Clinton supporters love it, it tarnishes the GOP brand in a state Democrats are generally not competitive in.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I've voted Republican in every presidential election since I could vote. I am voting for Hilary this time.

Trump is a con artist, pure and simple. He also a divisive racist, which is likely his secret appeal, I.e. He is not politically correct.

Hilary actually works hard and does a good job in office, both Senate and State. Is on the inside in state, and she busted her ass. Benghazi was a fuck up, but there is a reason the Republicans can't make any real shit stick after four years of endless investigation.

The emails were stupid, but the screw up was in how she communicated, not in who she communicated with. All recipients had a clearance and need to know. These weren't leaks to Russia or the new York times. If you want to read secret and top secret classified Hilary emails sent properly, by the way, go to wiki leaks. Hundreds of them, if not thousands. Talk about hacked servers.

Trump is the candidate the Republicans deserve, and i look forward to the introspection generated by a 45+ state win for the evil Clinton.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Yes I Have Balls

Turdacious wrote:Trump supporters (of a racist candidate) are in the minority.
*Shrug*

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-m ... yndication

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

People with limited ability to compete in the labor market favor protectionism? Get outta here.

Opposition happens on both sides FWIW.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation ... story.html

And since you're citing polls, he's out of line with the Republican mainstream on this one too:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/193817/repub ... -wall.aspx

Yes I Have Balls

Yeah, I'm sure David Duke sees "economic instability" and thinks "I can run for Congress on that"

davidc
Sgt. Major

Post by davidc »

nafod wrote:I've voted Republican in every presidential election since I could vote. I am voting for Hilary this time.

Trump is a con artist, pure and simple. He also a divisive racist, which is likely his secret appeal, I.e. He is not politically correct.

Hilary actually works hard and does a good job in office, both Senate and State. Is on the inside in state, and she busted her ass. Benghazi was a fuck up, but there is a reason the Republicans can't make any real shit stick after four years of endless investigation.

The emails were stupid, but the screw up was in how she communicated, not in who she communicated with. All recipients had a clearance and need to know. These weren't leaks to Russia or the new York times. If you want to read secret and top secret classified Hilary emails sent properly, by the way, go to wiki leaks. Hundreds of them, if not thousands. Talk about hacked servers.

Trump is the candidate the Republicans deserve, and i look forward to the introspection generated by a 45+ state win for the evil Clinton.
I agree with most of what you said, although I'd say he's the candidate some republicans deserve. I have a lot of friends in GOP politics. The majority are voting for Clinton. Some are voting libertarian. Very few are actually voting for Trump. And, since some of them were in on creating the scandal atmosphere that plagued Clinton, most of them trust her. They disagree with her, many don't like her, but they trust her.
A key difference between Clinton and Trump:
Anyone who has worked for Clinton will walk through fire for her. I know a lot of these people. They love her as a person, and have enormous respect for her. They ALL say she cares about them, and the greater good.
Donald? Not so much. Many say he was better for women employees than you would think. And that was true for years. But then that changed. And the scouting report among those who know him say it's all about him. Always. And his level of ignorance on national and international affairs is simply staggering. He's not a knowledgeable person with a more conservative view than Clinton's (See, Cruz). He's a naive, ignorant, blowhard. Which, by the way, equates to weakness, despite his tough talk.
Many smart people in my own extended family will vote for Trump. And I get it.
But it should tell us something that the majority of hardcore GOP voters I know are voting for Hillary.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Turdacious wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:

Simple question: What is the Republican brand?
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:
Turdacious wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:

Simple question: What is the Republican brand?
For the last couple of elections, the Republican brand has been, "We're against the Democrats!(Liberals)" For example when Obama and the Dems were pushing Obamacare the GOP was against it. And the Repubs had no alternative plan with any substance at all.(like Trump now?) I remember that slick talking weasel, Ted Cruz during and after his filibuster to stop Obamacare saying that within two weeks or a month, he'd be proposing his alternative plan. He waits until it's on the Senate floor for ratification until he comes up with a plan? This has been the how the Republicans have operated. I admire the Democratic party in that they actually come up with concrete ideas, as fucked up as they usually are, and they stick to the plan and get them shoved down our throats.
I agree with a lot of how NAFOD has characterized Trump, but at least he has proposed some ideas about immigration, and trade deals. Dealing with ISIS, not so much. I do think he's a blowhard, but he's actually put people to work and made a lot of money. Hillary, the Dems, the Repubs, and most of Washington have never run a lemonade stand, worked on a construction job, or had a job that didn't require a tie.
Last edited by DikTracy6000 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I have to say that my mom refers to Trump as "her boy". We don't discuss politics any more.

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

nafod wrote:I have to say that my mom refers to Trump as "her boy". We don't discuss politics any more.
Is she hot?

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

nafod wrote:I have to say that my mom refers to Trump as "her boy". We don't discuss politics any more.
.double post

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

She's probably not eastern European mail order bride material.