Tonight's Election

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Re: Tonight's Election

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:All right, I thought people dubbing GOP voters as white nationalists was unfair, but I am struggling to see the jump from "Trump attacks first amendment rights from a couple different angles in a tweet" to "Black people are bad." I don't know what the issue had to due with black people.

I'm honestly not seeing the connection. Are your "news" sources portraying these protests as BLM or mostly-black protests? They are mostly white Bernie bros.
The Trump victory is as much a statement about The Obama's "legacy He cares oh so much about" as it is about people not buying into Hillary--including blacks who stayed silent about not voting for Hillary, be they voted for Trump or stayed home.

As far as my statement goes, it is funny to me that you can find oodles of RL people of color voice their disdain (yes, some are ministers of faith, many are not) and yet the media never shows that side but is all over the 'uneducated white guy' swaying the election. On that note, I assume these alleged data points come from pollsters....what white educated man answers the phone from an unknown number after a hard day at work during dinner with the family?

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

BLM and their ilk are a part of the professional protesters.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/articl ... t-face-off

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

I was poking fun at your Numale hand wringing over Trump's Twitter account...ya know...he's like literally Hitler...and...you can't even.
The establishment and previous administration GOP folks seem to be the hand-wringers.

While I get how people who don't watch Fox etc. don't understand how you can normalize Trump enough to vote for him, it's becoming apparent that the folks who mainly consume that stuff have no idea how bad Trump looks to non-Trump voters. People don't have the vapors -- even the anonymous sources in his campaign are describing a guy who is comically unfit for office. It's an incredibly powerful office compared to parliamentary systems.

Either the Trump voters or the never-Trump people are very wrong. I badly hope I'm in the wrong camp, because right now an American Burlusconi is one of the least bad scenarios I can see, and David Frum is painting a worse one. Nobody reacted this way to the prospect of President McCain, Romney, etc.
The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:As far as my statement goes, it is funny to me that you can find oodles of RL people of color voice their disdain (yes, some are ministers of faith, many are not) and yet the media never shows that side but is all over the 'uneducated white guy' swaying the election. On that note, I assume these alleged data points come from pollsters....what white educated man answers the phone from an unknown number after a hard day at work during dinner with the family?
I don't know what to say, other than the polls were within exactly the average error rate (2 points), and that's easily knowable if you read/listen to that information. But you seem really attached to the racial thing, and the protestors are mostly white. Trump describing peaceful protests are part of an incitement conspiracy is not good. This is what shitty countries do, and it's part of why they're shitty.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:All right, I thought people dubbing GOP voters as white nationalists was unfair, but I am struggling to see the jump from "Trump attacks first amendment rights from a couple different angles in a tweet" to "Black people are bad." I don't know what the issue had to due with black people.

I'm honestly not seeing the connection. Are your "news" sources portraying these protests as BLM or mostly-black protests? They are mostly white Bernie bros.
I am absolutely an ethno-nationalist. The white ethnos was formed under constant pressure and reluctantly but it is here now and everyone better get used to it. The massive immigration favored by both parties (1965 imm act) and the elite converted the US from a white christian (but ethnically diverse) supra majority to a multi ethnic empire in which the various white ethne merged into White. And in Empires, ethnic warfare is the rule. And in empires where no ethnicity is dominant, you get zero sum brutal ethnic warfare. It is already here and thank god whites raised their consciousness with this election cycle.

At this point, any white who denies this or argues or votes against that reality just wants to feed others to the crocodile first, so they are eaten last.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
I was poking fun at your Numale hand wringing over Trump's Twitter account...ya know...he's like literally Hitler...and...you can't even.
The establishment and previous administration GOP folks seem to be the hand-wringers.

While I get how people who don't watch Fox etc. don't understand how you can normalize Trump enough to vote for him, it's becoming apparent that the folks who mainly consume that stuff have no idea how bad Trump looks to non-Trump voters. People don't have the vapors -- even the anonymous sources in his campaign are describing a guy who is comically unfit for office. It's an incredibly powerful office compared to parliamentary systems.

Either the Trump voters or the never-Trump people are very wrong. I badly hope I'm in the wrong camp, because right now an American Burlusconi is one of the least bad scenarios I can see, and David Frum is painting a worse one. Nobody reacted this way to the prospect of President McCain, Romney, etc.
The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:As far as my statement goes, it is funny to me that you can find oodles of RL people of color voice their disdain (yes, some are ministers of faith, many are not) and yet the media never shows that side but is all over the 'uneducated white guy' swaying the election. On that note, I assume these alleged data points come from pollsters....what white educated man answers the phone from an unknown number after a hard day at work during dinner with the family?
I don't know what to say, other than the polls were within exactly the average error rate (2 points), and that's easily knowable if you read/listen to that information. But you seem really attached to the racial thing, and the protestors are mostly white. Trump describing peaceful protests are part of an incitement conspiracy is not good. This is what shitty countries do, and it's part of why they're shitty.
Dude... This is the same shit you do every time. You get hysterical. Reagan, Bush, Dole(!), McCain (deserved), Romney, Trump. Always the same thing.

And Frum? He's a moron.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

I don't watch Maher. Tl/dr.

Whatever you think of his politics, Frum's a neocon whose education and resume is unusual among morons. He's also just one example of a lot of GOPers who have spoken/written publicly
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

bennyonesix wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:

Dude... This is the same shit you do every time. You get hysterical. Reagan, Bush, Dole(!), McCain (deserved), Romney, Trump. Always the same thing.

And Frum? He's a moron.
I am attached to 'the race thing'. Because libs and their media sources are most definitely attached to it, so I pay attention to it. I think there is a trove of information out there that you can hear straight from the horse's mouth, on both sides. CNN, et al, only choose one side.

Have you ever watched this video? It is relevant, although at the outset, it might not seem like it, so watch the whole thing (but there is a lot of niggaz this and niggaz that and it's a black dude doing the talking. not some uneducated rural living white guy we hear so much about, so be forewarned...

http://www.facebook.com/bc782b8c-c6f1-4 ... 18e57122c5

Edit: this link as posted doesn't work. I will PM it to you by way of FB IM.
Last edited by The Venerable Bogatir X on Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

bennyonesix wrote: I am absolutely an ethno-nationalist. The white ethnos was formed under constant pressure and reluctantly but it is here now and everyone better get used to it. The massive immigration favored by both parties (1965 imm act) and the elite converted the US from a white christian (but ethnically diverse) supra majority to a multi ethnic empire in which the various white ethne merged into White. And in Empires, ethnic warfare is the rule. And in empires where no ethnicity is dominant, you get zero sum brutal ethnic warfare. It is already here and thank god whites raised their consciousness with this election cycle.

At this point, any white who denies this or argues or votes against that reality just wants to feed others to the crocodile first, so they are eaten last.
Holy fuck this is stupid. You pretend like you understand the history of race, but don't even know that there's no actual historical construct of race that's in any way consistent. In your model, the German-Americans should have been slaughtered long ago. Ben Franklin described them like Trump does Mexicans. Instead they're just white people now. In some places they think they're the best whites people.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Lie nap, bad link.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:
bennyonesix wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:

And Frum? He's a moron.
I am attached to 'the race thing'. Because libs and their media sources are most definitely attached to it, so I pay attention to it. I think there is a trove of information out there that you can hear straight from the horse's mouth, on both sides. CNN, et al, only choose one side.

Have you ever watched this video? It is relevant, although at the outset, it might not seem like it, so watch the whole thing (but there is a lot of niggaz this and niggaz that and it's a black dude doing the talking. not some uneducated rural living white guy we hear so much about, so be forewarned...

http://www.facebook.com/bc782b8c-c6f1-4 ... 18e57122c5
Link is dead. Not following you. Blacks hate Hillary and like to vote for other blacks. Seems perfectly reasonable. Couple that with Democratic voters in Rust Belt remembering NAFTA and TPP and one gets low turnout and crossover votes.

Oh I see it think. Yes. The media hates fly over country white people. A lot. And bashes them all the time. And they ignore blacks who don't fit the mold as well.
Last edited by bennyonesix on Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Grandpa's Spells wrote:Lie nap, bad link.
Yeah, I PM'd it to you via FBIM. Not sure why it's otherwise locked down, I have tried a couple of months back and it didn't work then, either.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Yeah, I PM'd it to you via FBIM. Not sure why it's otherwise locked down, I have tried a couple of months back and it didn't work then, either.
Maybe it'll work if you keep sending posting the link.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Watch the beginning. Where to begin.

Viral political videos are pre-packaged doses of confirmation bias. There's no journalistic quality (questioning facts, are they misleading, etc.) to them, and you could make some about how IGx is the same as Stormfront or the Duke Lacrosse players were actually guilty with selective editing. My father in law sends me ones about climate change. I fact checked the first two for him, because he has a science background, and when he sent the third I just stopped bothering.

Lie-bear, this is literally propoganda designed to shape your opinion on something. It isn't real.

I understand not trusting the media. But the media is, at a minimum, putting out mostly factually accurate information, and issues corrections when they're wrong. I unfollowed an ex-GF who's a mom now because she kept sharing news stories in her feed about kids getting killed, which caused FB to serve her up more of those articles. Are they factually accurate? Sure. Are they deliberately scaring people for ratings? Yes.

These viral videos don't even meet those standards. You should dismiss them out of hand. Zuckerberg is pointing out literally this week that it's unreasonable to expect anyone to take them seriously, because they're not convincing enough to be persuadable.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Wild Bill wrote:
Gene wrote:An Ukaz?
In any case, Ukaz or no Ukaz, but Trump is appointed. Congratulations! :)

PS
If seriously, it was unexpected, i was sure Clinton will win.

I saw Hillary Clinton as Greg Stillson in a pantsuit, talking of blasting Russian planes out of the sky. She is prone to temper tantrums. Don't need that kind of finger on the button.

Trump could be better or worse.

Wish Johnson had won. He didn't know where Aleppo was but he had the humility not to pretend he knew shit that wasn't so.
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:I understand not trusting the media. But the media is, at a minimum, putting out mostly factually accurate information, and issues corrections when they're wrong.
They don't so much lie as they hide complete information. They love to conceal inconvenient facts when it suits them.

I bet if Bush's Neo-Con dream team had toppled Yanukovich, replaced him with a billionaire who talked like this that he'd have been reamed out. Here Poroshenko talks about how "they" will have no jobs, their elderly will starve without pensions, their children will live in cellars and not go to school.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHWHqj8g7Bk[/youtube]

We're told in the West that the Russians 'invaded' Ukraine. You ever once heard of an Army that brings along their kids for educating and their elderly for pensions?

Like I said above - we're being given half truths.
Don't like yourself too much.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Watch the beginning. Where to begin.

Viral political videos are pre-packaged doses of confirmation bias. There's no journalistic quality (questioning facts, are they misleading, etc.) to them, and you could make some about how IGx is the same as Stormfront or the Duke Lacrosse players were actually guilty with selective editing. My father in law sends me ones about climate change. I fact checked the first two for him, because he has a science background, and when he sent the third I just stopped bothering.

Lie-bear, this is literally propoganda designed to shape your opinion on something. It isn't real.

I understand not trusting the media. But the media is, at a minimum, putting out mostly factually accurate information, and issues corrections when they're wrong. I unfollowed an ex-GF who's a mom now because she kept sharing news stories in her feed about kids getting killed, which caused FB to serve her up more of those articles. Are they factually accurate? Sure. Are they deliberately scaring people for ratings? Yes.

These viral videos don't even meet those standards. You should dismiss them out of hand. Zuckerberg is pointing out literally this week that it's unreasonable to expect anyone to take them seriously, because they're not convincing enough to be persuadable.
It was the spirit of what he was saying coming from a black man is what mattered most. With that said, I did not 'fact check' his stats on the percentage of blacks committing x% of murders, but it sounds about right....much the way readers of The Gray Lady have felt up until recently.

Hymen Asshole
Staff Sergeant

Post by Hymen Asshole »

What happened to that cunt Yes I have Balls? Fucker got awful quiet after the election.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Hymen Asshole wrote:What happened to that cunt Yes I have Balls? Fucker got awful quiet after the election.

He's hoping someone will send bail money to the Portland City Jail ASAP.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"