Who actually likes turkey?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Testiclaw

Re: Who actually likes turkey?

Post by Testiclaw »

I prefer a good cut of steak, rolled in crushed pepper and coffee beans, seared on both sides and then finished in the same cast iron skillet in the over.

Then some potatoes and a double-IPA.

Turkey is very...blah.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

louburr
Staff Sergeant

Post by louburr »

if I put hot sauce on it it is ok

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

I would like to remind y'all of the pillar of BBQ culture that there is no such thing as a bad cut of meat, just poorly selected preparation techniques.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Topic author
syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

We all confessed our dislike for the turkey this year. Concessions were made about considering other preparation methods.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

aussie luke
Staff Sergeant

Post by aussie luke »

Last couple of years we've invested the money we would have wasted on a turkey into a couple of massive T-bone steaks instead.

Of course, it helps that it's like 40 degrees C here at Christmas.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Testiclaw wrote:I prefer a good cut of steak, rolled in crushed pepper and coffee beans, seared on both sides and then finished in the same cast iron skillet in the over.

Then some potatoes and a double-IPA.

Turkey is very...blah.
Steak. Concur
IPA? meh
Turkey? Deep fried or smoked or no thanks.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

I make the "Judy Bird" (https://food52.com/recipes/15069-russ-p ... -judy-bird)... dry brine and put a shitload of herbed butter under the skin; pull it at 160/165. 180 is fuckin ridiculous.

I like dark meat but will eat the breasts for sandwiches w/ stuffing, mayo, lettuce, tomato and the canned cranberry jelly. Not my fave holiday meal, but it's OK once a year. I hate real cranberry sauce, gotta see the lines from the can in the jello-y blob or I don't bother.

For Christmas it's rib roast for me too. I usually do a kurobuta ham for Easter and if i'm feeling especially motivated, braciole too.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

That one likes turkey
WISCONSIN – Police were called with reports of a domestic violence incident. When they arrived, they found 24-year-old Ryan Mills on the ground in the living room next to an uncooked turkey carcass. He was stabbed five times, once in the arm and four times in the legs. His girlfriend, 19-year-old Tiffany Rodriguez was found crying on the couch holding a knife.

According to the police report, Mills allegedly had sex with the turkey corpse after he took it out of the refrigerator to prepare it for Thanksgiving dinner. His girlfriend admitted to finding him in the bathroom “going at it hard” with the Thanksgiving meal. That’s when she grabbed the turkey and ran into the living room while Mills chase after her, apologizing. Rodriguez admitted that’s when she lost it and began stabbing him in his extremities.

Rodriguez was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and Mills is being charged with ‘animal abuse’ But, in a magnificent piece of legal footwork, his attorney argues that he can’t be guilty of that crime, because a carcass is not an ‘animal’.

Public defender Fred Kroger filed a motion last week which claimed: “the statute does not prohibit one from having sex with a carcass.” He said that if you try to include corpses in the category of animals, then “you are going to have several cases in front of you this next year”

If Mills is convicted, he could serve up to two years in prison, because of a previous conviction in 2005 for shooting a dead pig named Mitzie so that he could have sex with it.

davidc
Sgt. Major

Post by davidc »

powerlifter54 wrote: Turkey? Deep fried or smoked or no thanks.
Deep fried turkey is a thing of beauty. Crazy delicious, if you get to Thanksgiving dinner late there won't be any left. It's happened to me.
Many BBQ restaurants take advance orders for thanksgiving and Xmas parties. Highly recommended, especially the Cajun and Italian herb varieties. Juicy, tender, and delicious.

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

powerlifter54 wrote:IPA? meh

IPA? meh

IPA? meh
We were making YUGE progress on forming a cordial relationship, and you had to do that.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Testiclaw wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote:IPA? meh

IPA? meh

IPA? meh
We were making YUGE progress on forming a cordial relationship, and you had to do that.
Sorry but just seem bitter to me. A lager guy at heart.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Fuck you.

I like turkey.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"