Wanting to be a doctor: which one of you is this guy?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Wanting to be a doctor: which one of you is this guy?

Post by nafod »

This made me laugh...
I’m a 23-year-old man who spent my formative years as this retarded socially awkward mute and at some point after visiting hospitals for work experience I decided I wanted to be a physician really fucking badly. The only problem was I was a moron who spent his formative years playing video games instead of taking the right science classes or getting good grades. I then spend an extra year working my ass off and taking the right classes at night and volunteering in health care during the day. Since the start of the whole ordeal, my academic advisor has been telling me it’s never going to happen and I should go for nursing, and I’m thinking, “fuck you, I’m going to be a doctor!” Then I don’t actually get the grades to get into med school—they’re all a grade below what I need—and in order to fix them I would have to repeat another 1-2 years, which isn’t a possibility. I then think about going to the nearest bar to drink myself to death, but I don’t, so off I go to study psychology with some health studies thrown in. I’m now in the 2nd year of course and need to get interested in becoming a clinical therapist, otherwise I won’t have the motivation to get a good grade. My goal is to figure out how to become interested in becoming a therapist other than gritting my teeth, giving up on my dream/accepting that I’m stupid, and getting on with my shit.
http://fxckfeelings.com/2016/08/30/doct ... #more-2789
Don’t believe everything you think.

Really Big Strong Guy

Re: Wanting to be a doctor: which one of you is this guy?

Post by Really Big Strong Guy »

Too fucking funny. :axe:
The cool thing about training is that becoming more sexy is just a side effect........

dkay
Sarge

Post by dkay »

...at which point I changed my name to GG Allin and joined a band. I've got a good feeling about this.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

It's like he's writing my life story, only with more video games and way less drugs.