Trumpling the Truth

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

milosz

Re: Trumpling the Truth

Post by milosz »

11 November, Gothenburg, an explosive device was placed outside the office of a syndicalist movement. The device was detonated by police in a controlled explosion.[64]
I'm going to wager that this wasn't motivated by radical Islamism.

milosz

Post by milosz »

Here's an attempted terrorist attack in Sweden from last month... committed by the far-right.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 88516.html

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

They'll sack this poor bastard.
C5DbQg9VMAAbiMe.jpg
C5DbQg9VMAAbiMe.jpg (102.19 KiB) Viewed 5983 times

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

milosz wrote:Here's an attempted terrorist attack in Sweden from last month... committed by the far-right.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 88516.html

What is the relevance of these two incidents to the discussion?
C4TX-fGWcAAnzIZ.jpg
C4TX-fGWcAAnzIZ.jpg (29.91 KiB) Viewed 5983 times

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

milosz

Post by milosz »

bennyonesix wrote:
What is the relevance of these two incidents to the discussion?
Hmm, what's the relevance of a terrorist plot in Sweden when terrorist plots in Sweden are being talked about?

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Benny, nothing happened on Friday in Sweden. It was a Trump lie.
Don’t believe everything you think.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

something always happens in sweden on a friday.

http://totalvw2002.tumblr.com
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

On to the the next lie.

On November 18, 2016 it was reported that Trump agreed to pay $25 million to settle the two class-action lawsuits and the New York suit. The settlement was reached ten days before the San Diego class action was scheduled to go to trial. Of the $25 million, $21 million will go to the participants in the class-action suits, $3 million will go to New Yorkers not covered by the class-action suits, and a penalty of up to $1 million will be assessed by the state of New York for running an unlicensed university.
Funny that he used charity dollars to bribe the Florida AG to not join the suit.
The office of Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi announced in September 2013 that it was considering joining a New York lawsuit against Trump University.[77][78] Four days later, the Donald J. Trump Foundation donated $25,000 to "And Justice for All," a 527 group supporting Bondi's re-election campaign. Following this, Bondi declined to join New York in the lawsuit.
Don’t believe everything you think.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

dead man walking wrote:something always happens in sweden on a friday.

http://totalvw2002.tumblr.com
=D>
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

nafod wrote:Benny, nothing happened on Friday in Sweden. It was a Trump lie.
Shut up. Benny and the other Trumpettes need to feel their feelings.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

johno wrote:I like his first Supreme Court nominee
In what way is Gorsuch any better than Merrick Garland?
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

NOTHING HAPPENED FRIDAY IN SWEDEN!

TRUMP SAID SOMETHING HAPPENED FRIDAY IN SWEDEN BUT NOTHING HAPPENED FRIDAY IN SWEDEN!

THAT IS THE SALIENT ISSUE!

RAPE, SOMALIAN GANG VIOLENCE, CHILD PROSTITUTION ARE EVERYDAY OCCURRENCES NOW BUT NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF THE KEY POINT: NOTHING PARTICULAR HAPPENED FRIDAY IN SWEDEN!

TRUMP IS SUCH A MANIAC!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

blow a porcupine, benny
Trump's references to Sweden seemed to suggest that the country's welcoming approach to refugees and its alleged effects on crime rates should be a warning sign. But were the president's remarks justified?

“Absolutely not,” said Felipe Estrada Dörner, a criminology professor at Stockholm University. His response was echoed Monday by multiple other experts who are familiar with Swedish crime statistics.

Overall, Sweden's average crime rate has fallen in recent years, Dörner said. That drop has been observed for cases of lethal violence and for sexual assaults, two of the most serious categories of crime.
wa po article

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

All these links are fake news, except the ones that support trump

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

"fake news" is an anagram of "swank fee."

think about that.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

johno wrote:I like some of his cabinet appointments. Anyone who hates Betsy DeVos: Fuck You. You have zero compassion for kids trapped in failing schools
This is kooky talk. DeVos demonstrated in her hearings that she pretty clearly doesn't even follow actual education policy. She refused to support holding charter schools even to the minimum standards "failing" public schools are held. That's not what you do if you care about kids.

She has no relevant education or (more importantly) any relevant experience to overcome it. She was just born and then married rich and donated lots of money.

Not a lot of issues affect me too directly, but school quality is certainly one of them, and I want somebody in charge who has some concept of how to improve schools. This is obviously a person who has absolutely no idea, and if she wanted to have one, she'd have had one long before now.

There may one day be a Republican who will come along with the solutions needed to improve America's schools. I certainly hope so. It's not this no-nothing dullard.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
johno wrote:I like some of his cabinet appointments. Anyone who hates Betsy DeVos: Fuck You. You have zero compassion for kids trapped in failing schools
This is kooky talk. DeVos demonstrated in her hearings that she pretty clearly doesn't even follow actual education policy. She refused to support holding charter schools even to the minimum standards "failing" public schools are held. That's not what you do if you care about kids.

She has no relevant education or (more importantly) any relevant experience to overcome it. She was just born and then married rich and donated lots of money.

Not a lot of issues affect me too directly, but school quality is certainly one of them, and I want somebody in charge who has some concept of how to improve schools. This is obviously a person who has absolutely no idea, and if she wanted to have one, she'd have had one long before now.

There may one day be a Republican who will come along with the solutions needed to improve America's schools. I certainly hope so. It's not this no-nothing dullard.
Best case for Republicans: she'll reduce union influence at a federal level. Without new legislation, that's all she can really do. In your particular case, you'll still have to deal with biweekly strikes courtesy of the CTU.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

This is my Sweden!
Attachments
swedish-bikini-team.jpg
swedish-bikini-team.jpg (26.34 KiB) Viewed 5823 times
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

dead man walking wrote:blow a porcupine, benny
Trump's references to Sweden seemed to suggest that the country's welcoming approach to refugees and its alleged effects on crime rates should be a warning sign. But were the president's remarks justified?

“Absolutely not,” said Felipe Estrada Dörner, a criminology professor at Stockholm University. His response was echoed Monday by multiple other experts who are familiar with Swedish crime statistics.

Overall, Sweden's average crime rate has fallen in recent years, Dörner said. That drop has been observed for cases of lethal violence and for sexual assaults, two of the most serious categories of crime.
wa po article
Link? Time frame? Rates etc etc etc

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

wa po conservative columnist on sweden, fox non-news (her term), and the president's willingness to use shit data to feed his preferred narrative:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ri ... aad43c56cd

benny, this is for you:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... b3a49493b0

now go gnaw on a penis bone