Gorsuch

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Yes I Have Balls

Re: Gorsuch

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

TerryB wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:Little birdy tells me we're not gonna have to worry about Gorsuch. The Dems are united behind the opposition and McConnell doesn't have the votes to kill the filibuster.
You haven't been right on any prediction yet.
This is not my prediction.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:Little birdy tells me we're not gonna have to worry about Gorsuch. The Dems are united behind the opposition and McConnell doesn't have the votes to kill the filibuster.
Take care of your little birdy.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-br ... 34354.html
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Gorsuch was a reasonable candidate. Now that the whole 60 vote thing is blown up, the next one will probably be Steve Bannon.
Don’t believe everything you think.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Say hello to Ted Cruz. Bad play by the Dumbs.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

I don't see the point in getting lathered over Gorsuch. There's plenty to disagree with him on politically if you want to but he's clearly a principled and qualified jurist.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

nafod wrote:Gorsuch was a reasonable candidate. Now that the whole 60 vote thing is blown up, the next one will probably be Steve Bannon.
Trump's son-in-law is the obvious pick.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

well, now...THE NOOOCLLLEEEUUUUR option has been used.

What a pack of stupid fucking cunts we have in office. Every single one of them.

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 »

I don't that much one way or the other about Gorsuch but changing the rules is F....ing Stupid!

Topic author
JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

powerlifter54 wrote:Say hello to Ted Cruz. Bad play by the Dumbs.
Bullshit. Bending over for the threat is not smarter than bending over for the reality.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:I don't see the point in getting lathered over Gorsuch. There's plenty to disagree with him on politically if you want to but he's clearly a principled and qualified jurist.
butthurt over garland, also a principled and qualified jurist whom the r's buried based on no principle whatsoever

the use of naked power in a democracy is not something the cheer, even when "your" side wins
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

climber511 wrote:I don't that much one way or the other about Gorsuch but changing the rules is F....ing Stupid!
Thank Harry Reid. He set this up when he changed the rules for the lower courts.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:
climber511 wrote:I don't that much one way or the other about Gorsuch but changing the rules is F....ing Stupid!
Thank Harry Reid. He set this up when he changed the rules for the lower courts.
Was Mitch McConnell filibustering all of Obama's nominees? From a 2013 fact checking...
By our calculation, there were actually 68 individual nominees blocked prior to Obama taking office and 79 (so far) during Obama’s term, for a total of 147.
Fuck Mitch McConnell.
McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.
Not govern, or accomplish something. Just interfere.

Mission accomplished, I guess.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

By the end of its fifth year, Obama had a nomination pace similar to Clinton’s. (Table 1) About a quarter of judicial nominations came in 2013. The press marveled that “Obama, after an extraordinarily slow start, has moved way ahead of Bush II on nominations
.” That is true, however, only because President Bush made a mere handful of nominations during his fifth year. (He submitted few circuit nominations, battling instead to get long-standing nominees confirmed. There were few district nominations because he had been highly successful in filling vacancies in his first four years.)
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... d-fiction/
Don't forget that he had a greater opportunity to pack the courts within his first two years in office than any modern POTUS too.
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/06 ... ook-office

The only way to look at this is as an unforced error by Obama and Reid-- they had a chance to pack the courts with young liberal judges that could have advanced Democrat policy for decades from the bench and chose not to.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 »

Wouldn't it be great if we were governed by "Americans" instead of Democrats and Republicans?

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I think we need a new Judiciary Act.

The Judiciary Act of 2017.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"