Well that crossed a couple of lines

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Well that crossed a couple of lines

Post by nafod »

Trump family sources tell us Barron was in front of the TV watching a show when the news came on and he saw the bloody, beheaded image. We're told he panicked and screamed, "Mommy, Mommy!"

As it was put to us, "He's 11. He doesn't know who Kathy Griffin is and the head she was holding resembled his dad."

Melania called out Kathy, saying what she did was disturbing, wrong and "makes you wonder about [her] mental health."
I didn't even feel like posting the picture here.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Re: Well that crossed a couple of lines

Post by Thud »

her stunt was total covfefe

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

A picture of a headless Kathy Griffin holding her own bloody head, career bleeding out of the neck, would be ironic right about now.

Troycasso?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

nafod wrote:
Trump family sources tell us Barron was in front of the TV watching a show when the news came on and he saw the bloody, beheaded image. We're told he panicked and screamed, "Mommy, Mommy!"

As it was put to us, "He's 11. He doesn't know who Kathy Griffin is and the head she was holding resembled his dad."

Melania called out Kathy, saying what she did was disturbing, wrong and "makes you wonder about [her] mental health."
Completely despicable.

And yet...

Why lie? The odds of Barron seeing it on TV are ~0%. Even if he did, kids his age don't get panicked and call for mommy. They go from a 100% win position to people rolling their eyes at the obvious lies.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Never heard of that woman in my life. Apparently, my life was the better for it.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
nafod wrote:

Completely despicable.

And yet...

Why lie? The odds of Barron seeing it on TV are ~0%. Even if he did, kids his age don't get panicked and call for mommy. They go from a 100% win position to people rolling their eyes at the obvious lies.
How are they ~0%?
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

baffled wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:
nafod wrote:

Completely despicable.

And yet...

How are they ~0%?
I don't know what shows broadcast the unpixelated photos, if any, but they aren't shows an 11 year old watches.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:I don't know what shows broadcast the unpixelated photos, if any, but they aren't shows an 11 year old watches.
I agree with your skepticism, Troy. The story sounds convenient.

Barron Trump might be spoiled enough to find a way to watch that kind of shit. How much spending money do you think he gets and how much supervision do you think he receives?
Don't like yourself too much.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Gene wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:I don't know what shows broadcast the unpixelated photos, if any, but they aren't shows an 11 year old watches.
I agree with your skepticism, Troy. The story sounds convenient.

Barron Trump might be spoiled enough to find a way to watch that kind of shit. How much spending money do you think he gets and how much supervision do you think he receives?
Maybe he was on the web at the same time as he was watching TV much like I'm doing right now. Or, perhaps surfing the web on a monitor. Would a parent of Melania's age immediately know the difference? Many kids watch almost everything on the web now. The only story that matters is that we saw a new level of hatred and a young boy saw something done by lefty Hollywood people disturbing enough to cause emotional damage in a child.

The good news is that many libs condemned such deranged vileness.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

She's funnier than Amy Schumer (admittedly a ridiculously low bar).
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

DrDonkeyLove wrote: The only story that matters is that we saw a new level of hatred. . .
Not a new level, if you consider the knife attack in Portland or Dylan Roof or etc

And how about Ted Nugent saying Obama admin heads should be cut off. He got to be an honored guess at the White House. What, words don't count?
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

dead man walking wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote: The only story that matters is that we saw a new level of hatred. . .
Not a new level, if you consider the knife attack in Portland or Dylan Roof or etc

And how about Ted Nugent saying Obama admin heads should be cut off. He got to be an honored guess at the White House. What, words don't count?
I am sure Hannity had a special episode condemning Nugent.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

and nooses.

what is fox's position on nooses?

did they miss those reports? a couple from just this month:
Noose Found in the National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington D.C.
F.B.I. Helping American University Investigate Bananas Found Hanging From Nooses
millions of black kids intimidated over the years, but hey, poor barron trump. the left has gone too far.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

dead man walking wrote:millions of black kids intimidated over the years, but hey, poor barron trump. the left has gone too far.
To be clear, if Barron saw that, I'd think exactly "poor Barron Trump." But he didn't. If he did, he wouldn't have panicked and yelled "Mommy Mommy!" And if he had, it wouldn't be told anonymously.

Griffin still fucked up huge and deserves worse than the right's treatment of Ted Nugent.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

and nooses?

which, as you know, were widely used and are still used as a threaten. ask rep clyburn of s.c.

we can't have a rational conversation about griffin without context. we could go back to a presidential candidate calling mexicans rapists, if we want to understand the tone of the current verbal warfare.

as for barron: if the president has a jot of concern about what his impressionable son hears and learns, he (the pres) would modify his behavior. that's not gonna happen. he'd rather whine.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Look, this kind of hateful shit must be condemned out of hand no matter which end of the political spectrum it comes from.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

that's my point.

i get there by a different route from yours, because i see so much selective condemnation.

and because i don't see it from our elected leaders, alas.

tsubor
Recruit

Post by tsubor »

To be fair, Barron seems to be a little introverted and may have been overwhelmed by the imagery if he saw the pictures, which makes the claimed reaction more plausible. Couple that with the fact that I was caught packing a knife in my schoolbag to "show" some older skank who just talked some teenage shit to my father when I was at Barron's age.. all I can say is that I feel for the lil' guy.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

dead man walking wrote:that's my point.

i get there by a different route from yours, because i see so much selective condemnation.

and because i don't see it from our elected leaders, alas.
You and Timmy are right, of coarse, but it's all politics all the time in a massive battle for POWER. It's essentially 1850 redux and both sides are convinced they're the party of righteousness while being egged on by a media & lobbying complex whose existence depends on outrage. As good warrior sheep we respond as programmed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h97kbv4mbsc[/youtube]
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

DrDonkeyLove wrote:[ it's all politics all the time in a massive battle for POWER.
yup.

that's why i used the expression verbal warfare.

p.s. i got to thinking about skulls and thought, we still have a way to go: cambodia killing fields

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

She's past the point of even being worth facefucking to drown her in cum, and it was dumb, but she also has the right.

It would have been funny if she just held up a toupe and gave a guilty but happy look but she's sucked for more than 2 decades and I don;t mean sucked clit.

Gwar beheaded George Bush and buttfucked Bill Clinton on stage, it was awesome! Bill can take a rough fucking!

Baron Trump is old the fuck enough to know that he will see and hear a lot of shit about his dad for the rest of his life. He can fucking deal and I am sure he can.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Third rate talent seeking attention. No one could seriously take Griffin as a threat to Trump, any more than Madonna's comment about blowing up the White House.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

dead man walking wrote:And how about Ted Nugent
ExceptServe.jpg
ExceptServe.jpg (72.08 KiB) Viewed 9359 times
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Turdacious wrote:She's funnier than Amy Schumer (admittedly a ridiculously low bar).
Have to disagree there. Schumer is very uneven, but she's funnier than Kathy Griffin.

I mean, at her peak she's funnier than Griffin. Schumer is uneven and she tries a lot of different shit: when she bombs, she's really terrible.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

JimZipCode wrote:
Turdacious wrote:She's funnier than Amy Schumer (admittedly a ridiculously low bar).
Have to disagree there. Schumer is very uneven, but she's funnier than Kathy Griffin.
Amy Schumer is hilarious, WTF?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmzPp33kl7o[/youtube]