GGG/Alvarez

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Old Mother
Staff Sergeant

GGG/Alvarez

Post by Old Mother »

No one's talking about it?

I had GGG with a slight advantage, but it was so close I wouldn't argue too much with people putting Alvarez on top.

The judging was horrendous however and highlights the corruption in boxing.

Can't wait for the re-match.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Re: GGG/Alvarez

Post by Herv100 »

From the few clips I saw, GGG got old. Too bad nobody would fight him in his prime.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Assuming he wants another big payday before he retires, this is the best possible outcome for GGG.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

I was OK with the draw I guess. Canelo did land a lot of good shots, even if GGG walked through them, they still landed. Couple uppercuts, couple overhand rights. I think GGG controlled the whole fight, landed his jab consistently and landed some good power shots. All the while backing Canelo into the ropes.

I probably had it 115-113 GGG, I can see the one judge having it even and could maybe have seen 115-113 Canelo, MAYBE. and that's giving him 2 of the first 3 and all of the last 3.

What I cannot see is that fucking 118-110 Canelo scorecard. That lady should never judge a boxing event again. get the fuck outta here with that nonsense.

Teddy Atlas' rant was A+ fucking amazing.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

either way... it was a great fight. Not mad i paid, would probably pay again.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Croatoa

Post by Croatoa »

I watched it with the sound low to avoid being influenced by the crowd and commentary.

I scored it 7 to 5 for GGG. I was fine with the draw though.

Topic author
Old Mother
Staff Sergeant

Post by Old Mother »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:26 am I was OK with the draw I guess. Canelo did land a lot of good shots, even if GGG walked through them, they still landed. Couple uppercuts, couple overhand rights. I think GGG controlled the whole fight, landed his jab consistently and landed some good power shots. All the while backing Canelo into the ropes.

I probably had it 115-113 GGG, I can see the one judge having it even and could maybe have seen 115-113 Canelo, MAYBE. and that's giving him 2 of the first 3 and all of the last 3.

What I cannot see is that fucking 118-110 Canelo scorecard. That lady should never judge a boxing event again. get the fuck outta here with that nonsense.

Teddy Atlas' rant was A+ fucking amazing.

He put Canelo on the ropes a lot and didn't seem like he took advantage of the situation. I thought GGG could've been more aggressive with Canelo on the ropes. He's the champ for a reason though.