There goes that Nobel Prize

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

There goes that Nobel Prize

Post by nafod »

darn
Don’t believe everything you think.

Yes I Have Balls

Re: There goes that Nobel Prize

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

nafod wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:50 pmdarn
Good news though: Those challenge coins can be redeemed for a well drink at any Trump golf course!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Dear Jong, I’m sorry, but I don’t think we should stay together. I am still working through my feelings for my ex, and I don’t think it’s fair to you to be in a relationship with someone who isn’t 100% committed. This really has nothing to do with you. Our time together has been wonderful. I still remember how romantic that offer to denuclearize was. I hope that you will be able to find someone who is perfect for you. I hope that you can forgive me. I would still like to remain friends, if possible.

Sincerely,

Donny
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

He still clears the Obama Bar for the Nobel. Give it to him for showing promise.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

johno wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:57 pm He still clears the Obama Bar for the Nobel. Give it to him for showing promise.
He at least deserves an NAACP Image award for pardoning Jack Johnson today

To be accepted for him by his dragon energy brother Kanye of coarse.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Will their value go up or down?

Yes I Have Balls

johno wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:57 pm He still clears the Obama Bar for the Nobel. Give it to him for showing promise.
There was .000546% of anything promising result and any NoKo expert (that I've read anyway) could tell you that. The president got played and gave KJU the one thing that he so desperately wanted: international recognition from the most powerful country in the world that the two countries stood together as equals and could meet accordingly.

That was maybe the biggest concession this administration made and they (he) made it in minutes after the South Korean group at the WH offered the possibility of the meet.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Someone please photoshop that coin to make it look like they are making out.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Yes I Have Balls wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:35 pm
The president got played and gave KJU the one thing that he so desperately wanted

I'll guess that the things Kim most desperately wants, in this order, are:

1 - Not to get whacked. Either from within or from without.
2 - To retain power.
3 - To not have his balls squeezed by sanctions spearheaded by the US or by China pressure (see #1, above).

Kim's indifference to the opinion of civilized nations is the reason why NK is called the Hermit Kingdom.

Norks are already packpedaling.
North Korea says it is still willing to sit down for talks with the United States “at any time, at any format” after President Donald Trump abruptly canceled his planned summit with Kim Jong Un.

Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan issued a statement Friday saying North Korea is “willing to give the U.S. time and opportunities” to reconsider."

http://time.com/5291101/north-korea-wil ... k-with-us/

Regardless, talks, and talk about talks, are bullshit unless Kim submits to verifiable inspections of any and all potential nuke facilities.

I suspect Trump understands this better than his predecessors.

W.B. Yeats

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

There was .000546% of anything promising result and any NoKo expert (that I've read anyway) could tell you that. The president got played and gave KJU the one thing that he so desperately wanted: international recognition from the most powerful country in the world that the two countries stood together as equals and could meet accordingly.

That was maybe the biggest concession this administration made and they (he) made it in minutes after the South Korean group at the WH offered the possibility of the meet.
Trump didn't get played. He gave KJU the opportunity to meet. If promises were kept, giving citizens basic human rights, denuclearizing, etc. sanctions would be eased back.

KJU decided to rattle his saber and Trump pulled the rug out. Who cares about international recognition?

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

He doesn't need KJU, he needz the KJV!
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

China is the one that blew this up. Last thing they want is a democratic Korea next door. Shit is complicated. Millions of causes and ripples effects throughout.

Bolton is a dumbass who should have kept his mouth shut. You tell the Khaddafis and Uns of the world you are going to kill them after they give up their nukes.

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

STOP the presses!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... e8982b563b
Trump sounds optimistic tone about future North Korea talks, suggests June 12 summit could happen after all
I be Trump gives more thought to "do you want fries with that" than he does to diplomacy, but maybe a lying sack of shit is what this process needs.

Yes I Have Balls

Hanglow Joe wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:03 am

Trump didn't get played. He gave KJU the opportunity to meet. If promises were kept, giving citizens basic human rights, denuclearizing, etc. sanctions would be eased back.

KJU decided to rattle his saber and Trump pulled the rug out. Who cares about international recognition?
Yeah, no. There isn't ONE credible North Korea expert that thinks like you do. I'd love to read your articles on the matter? I'll take the word of Col. Cedric Leighton, Robert E Kelly, Richard Haass, Vipin Narang, etc.

I mean seriously, I thought IGX was about cutting through the bullshit and listening to the experts? Seems President Trump's election has made listening to experts only for cucks?

Yes I Have Balls

johno wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:22 am I suspect Trump understands this better than his predecessors.
Again, this is fairy tale talk.

The only thing Trump knows better than his predecessors is how to monetize the office and stoke culture war.

I suspect you've been duped.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Yes I Have Balls wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:39 pmI mean seriously, I thought IGX was about cutting through the bullshit and listening to the experts? Seems President Trump's election has made listening to experts only for cucks?
Deferring to experience and expertise is for cucks.
Real men shoot from the hip and ask questions never.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Yes I Have Balls

JimZipCode wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:07 pm
Yes I Have Balls wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:39 pmI mean seriously, I thought IGX was about cutting through the bullshit and listening to the experts? Seems President Trump's election has made listening to experts only for cucks?
Deferring to experience and expertise is for cucks.
Real men shoot from the hip and ask questions never.
Ready. Fire! AIM.

grip junky
Location: Sitting on the can, eating a pork chop, reading the koran.

Post by grip junky »

Yes I Have Balls wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:39 pm
Hanglow Joe wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:03 am

Yeah, no. There isn't ONE credible North Korea expert that thinks like you do. I'd love to read your articles on the matter? I'll take the word of Col. Cedric Leighton, Robert E Kelly, Richard Haass, Vipin Narang, etc.

I mean seriously, I thought IGX was about cutting through the bullshit and listening to the experts? Seems President Trump's election has made listening to experts only for cucks?
I thought it was a place for trolls to hang out.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:50 pmdarn
I think that Kim and Moon should meet and hammer out their own deal. The US should get ready to leave Korea.

Same with Iran. Obama did not get the best deal but it beats pissing away our kids and money on an attack against Iran. The main complainers were Israel, which maintains a fat arsenal of nuclear weapons and plenty of US aid. The hypocrisy is blatant here and the Persians are not having it. I for one am tired of an 'ally' which keeps dragging us into their stupid shit.

The US needs to mind its own damn business.
nafod wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:50 pmChina is the one that blew this up. Last thing they want is a democratic Korea next door. Shit is complicated. Millions of causes and ripples effects throughout.
Is China having a problem sharing their longest border with a democratic Federal Russian Republic?

North Korea is a huge pain in China's ass because North Korea attracts American bombers and aircraft carrier fleets. The US has troops in South Korea. China would probably like to remove one big excuse for us to be in that part of the world.

China benefits from stronger hegemony over their neighbors once we Americans leave the Asian mainland. A recovering North Korea will require huge amounts of aid from South Korea and others. China will sell the Koreans lots of items to rebuild and may even invest in a new democratic Korea.
Don't like yourself too much.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Haha. The funny thing is that nafod is the only lefty here who is not trying to pretend that he's been consistently anti-commie. The rest of you know what Putin is and why you've implicitly and consistently supported him.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Turdacious wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:15 am Haha. The funny thing is that nafod is the only lefty here who is not trying to pretend that he's been consistently anti-commie. The rest of you know what Putin is and why you've implicitly and consistently supported him.
You think Putin is a commie?
Is China having a problem sharing their longest border with a democratic Federal Russian Republic?
You think Russia is a democracy?

As an OBTW, not sure if this is surprising or not, but SK has a decently larger GDP than Russia.
https://countryeconomy.com/countries/co ... outh-korea

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:05 am
Turdacious wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:15 am Haha. The funny thing is that nafod is the only lefty here who is not trying to pretend that he's been consistently anti-commie. The rest of you know what Putin is and why you've implicitly and consistently supported him.
He spent nearly 20 years in the KGB. Pretty sure being a communist was a requirement.

And just in case I stated it poorly before-- I'm saying you're probably the only lefty here who never drank the commie koolaid (although you probably have to hide that fact when you're in the faculty lounge).

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Turdacious wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:03 pm
He spent nearly 20 years in the KGB. Pretty sure being a communist was a requirement.

And just in case I stated it poorly before-- I'm saying you're probably the only lefty here who never drank the commie koolaid (although you probably have to hide that fact when you're in the faculty lounge).
No, I understood your triple negative with a half flip (maybe). Just had a nice echo with Gene's comment on the liberal democracy to the north of the chinks :-s

But anyway...

THE SUMMIT IS BACK ON!

Yes I Have Balls

nafod wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Turdacious wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:03 pm

No, I understood your triple negative with a half flip (maybe). Just had a nice echo with Gene's comment on the liberal democracy to the north of the chinks :-s

But anyway...

THE SUMMIT IS BACK ON!
That sure didn't take long.

1. Invite one of the most evil people in the world (Kim Yong Chol) to the White House.
2. Agree to nothing and commit to nothing in exchange for June 12th summit.
3. Sell a lot of stupid challenge coins.

Art of the Deal indeed.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Some of you Jackasses are so consumed with TrumpHatred that you'd be disappointed if he negotiated a good, verifiable agreement with the Norks.

...pissed when the meeting was scheduled
...pissed when the meeting was cancelled
...pissed when the meeting was rescheduled

...will be pissed if anything positive comes of it. Or if nothing comes of it.

W.B. Yeats