Heresy in the Cathedral

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Heresy in the Cathedral

Post by Fat Cat »

You have to understand that I come to this whole question of immigration with an unanswered question in my mind, something I got interested in years ago, and I have tried to get people to answer it. And the question is: Why are successful, peaceful, orderly, prosperous, technologically advanced, democratically sound countries so rare and so few, and why do they clump up in one tiny corner of the globe, namely Europe, the Anglosphere? We also have Japan, which is a wonder, I think, in many ways, a very admirable country. Perhaps Taiwan. And why is the rest of the world essentially consisting of, in various degrees, failed states? Why do we have a post-Enlightenment portion of the world and a pre-Enlightenment portion of the world? And I guess, to be really crude about it, you would use Trump’s succinct phrase: Why are there so many shithole countries? Of course the moment you say that, people just get outraged: Oh, my God, you are a racist for saying that. And that, of course, lets them off the hook; they don’t have to answer the question, which is convenient.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/ ... hite-again

Doing the (intellectual) work Americans won't (are too cowed) to do themselves.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Heresy in the Cathedral

Post by Turdacious »

She's got tenure and probably wants to get out of teaching-- kind of a brilliant way to go about it.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

She's a bit too active, presenting at conferences etc., to be just looking for the exit.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:00 pm She's a bit too active, presenting at conferences etc., to be just looking for the exit.
Presenting at conferences > dealing with first year law students who hope to one day be successful enough to push someone out of an elevator while wearing a custom shirt.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

This is pretty traditional Zionist (left and right) thinking. Israel was meant to be a European Nation. And a place where the Ashkenazim were to be civilized (the actual purpose of the kibbutzim).

https://forward.com/news/national/39769 ... r-a-bigot/

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

That Jew broad has got some balls. Bigger balls than old chinga chong, fender bender Jew ass in Canada.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

I really wonder if anyone has more animus for non-zionist Jews than the Bibi and Chabadnik types. I've been "cool it with the anti-semitism dude" more than once.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

I loved her as Tessio in the Godfather.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

That lady is an imbecile and completely embarrassed herself in that interview.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:39 am That lady is an imbecile and completely embarrassed herself in that interview.
You're gonna have to explain that antisemitic screed, bruh. Certainly a towering intellect like your own should have no problem citing the critical flaws in her statements given that all she is, uhhh, a Harvard MD and a Columbia JD. This should be easy for you.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

People making honest arguments are capable of both acknowledging obvious racism while pointing to other issues that should be trumping it. Further, she should be able to point out the best arguments of the people disagreeing with her and rebut them. Throughout, she’s comically incapable of doing so. Her education doesn’t cover the topic she’s discussing. She provides references without checking them. It’s possible she just came in extremely unprepared to be pressed on anything, but if you think the second half of the interview was anything but a train wreck, I don’t know what to say.

Here is a fairly typical explanation of why there are “shithole countries” where culture plays a strong role. https://ed.ted.com/featured/hBOQ4DbX
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Citing a Ted Talk is perfect. Thank you Commissar. I honestly tried to listen to that but I kept laughing uncontrollably when he listed the poor countries and then howled when he mentioned Zimbabwe! I mean what could possibly have happened to fuck that country up? And then I passed out for a few seconds when he said institutions were the reason.

Look dude, your "how many fingers, Winston?" routine probably works on facebook and when HR can fire your interlocutor but I've never used facebook and you can't get me fired so I'm just going to laugh and laugh and laugh.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

That’s not a Ted Talk. That’s an Alain de Botton video that Ted happened to link.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

You cited via Ted to a cosmopolitan ultra elite ultra wealthy City of London based financial atheist Jew talking about how Africa is poor because of a lack of institutions. That is even more absurd. It's like an absurdity on stilts. Or some fractal absurdity.

You're probably the kind of person who strives to be someone who enjoys living in a Corbusier house.

Africa is a shit hole because of people like him. Atheistic Finance Capital is why a vanishingly small number of people are accumulating the wealth of the world and bleeding dry the rest. People like him are why Africa has fewer and weaker institutions than it ever has. And that's because it's easier to strip mine it and transfer lumpen proletariats out of it into Europe that way.

Note how he cites to average wealth of both the West and non-aligned states. Typical obfuscation. The wealth of the world is held by a minute fraction of people with no loyalty to or even consciousness of belonging to any Western nation.

And they've gathered that wealth by depressing wages, increasing debt and collecting transaction fees on the temporary transfer of wealth out of europe and the US into Africa.

They're the ones strip mining Africa and Africans and felaheen US and Euro "whites".

Yes, by all means let's do what people like him suggest and accept his bullshit theories as the truth.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Sloth loves Chunk!

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

This Benny cat is growing on me.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:08 am You cited via Ted to a cosmopolitan ultra elite ultra wealthy City of London based financial atheist Jew
"How come nobody talks about why countries are poor?!? Why can't we talk about this? Why do people think I'm a bigot?"

"People do talk about this quite a bit. Here's a video with 5 million views as an example."

"Not from Jews."
talking about how Africa is poor because of a lack of institutions.

I have no idea if he's right or not, and don't watch his channel in part because I find his Euro/atheist bias grating, but he very specifically did not say that. Culture/corruption figures prominently.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

I have no idea if he's right or not, and don't watch his channel in part because I find his Euro/atheist bias grating, but he very specifically did not say that. Culture/corruption figures prominently.
I work with many immigrants, and the ones from Africa and the former USSR have both said one of the first and favorite surprises of the USA for them was discovering that when you give paperwork to a bureaucrat here they just take it and do their job, no bribe. It makes a huge difference to the average person, and we take it for granted.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Aborigines inhabit the continent of Australia since the dawn of time.

Late 1700's, England needs to find a new place to send it's criminals and other assorted undesirables.

2019, it's a modern, technologically advanced nation with stable government and institutions as well as a top 15 GDP economy.

If you haven't noticed the knack that these fucking cold clime, bog jigs have for nation building, you probably haven't noticed Asians' ability to dry hump standardized tests into submission or Ashkenazi genius at symbol manipulation that leads to assorted dominance in math, physics, law, media, etc.

Describe to me what a region's biological substrate looks like, and I'll make a hard run at guessing what type of civilizations will eventually coalesce there. That hurts the fuck out of some people's feelings, but there's no rational retort outside of MUH RACISM.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

but there's no rational retort outside of MUH RACISM.
Of course there is, you just don't want to hear it.

Theory: "Africa does poorly because of a lack of white or Asian people."

Asians and whites do quite poorly when you put them under bad government, and they don't magically self-organize despite their alleged genetic advantages. One would have expected North Koreans and East Germans to have done approximately as well as their South/West counterparts, and they didn't. Russia is doing incredibly poorly and is propped up by oil. Argentina is probably whiter than the United States, with fairly similar history and geography, and the corruption there is debilitating. They should be crushing it compared to their less-white neighbors and don't.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:34 pm
but there's no rational retort outside of MUH RACISM.
Of course there is, you just don't want to hear it.

Asians and whites do quite poorly when you put them under bad government, and they don't magically self-organize despite their alleged genetic advantages. One would have expected North Koreans and East Germans to have done approximately as well as their South/West counterparts, and they didn't. Russia is doing incredibly poorly and is propped up by oil. Argentina is probably whiter than the United States, with fairly similar history and geography, and the corruption there is debilitating. They should be crushing it compared to their less-white neighbors and don't.
She wasn't generalizing about whites. It was specifically the "Anglo-Protestant" culture.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

She wasn't generalizing about whites. It was specifically the "Anglo-Protestant" culture.
That phrase appears once when not quoting her. But here's a quote:

“Let us be candid. Europe and the first world, to which the United States belongs, remain mostly white, for now; and the third world, although mixed, contains a lot of non-white people. Embracing cultural distance, cultural-distance nationalism, means, in effect, taking the position that our country will be better off with more whites and fewer non-whites.”

I don't know how you read that and come away thinking she's not generalizing about whites. That is exactly what she's doing.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:00 pm
That phrase appears once when not quoting her. But here's a quote:

“Let us be candid. Europe and the first world, to which the United States belongs, remain mostly white, for now; and the third world, although mixed, contains a lot of non-white people. Embracing cultural distance, cultural-distance nationalism, means, in effect, taking the position that our country will be better off with more whites and fewer non-whites.”

I don't know how you read that and come away thinking she's not generalizing about whites. That is exactly what she's doing.
I'm sorry you didn't fully understand the article, as it was pretty clear, and the term "Anglo-Protestant" appears in the very first paragraph. It's completely reasonable to generalize about white Americans as being part of the Anglo-Protestant milieu because historically, that's what they have been.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:34 pm
Actually, Africa does poorly because it's full of Africans.

BUT AINT NOBODY TRYNNA HEAR DAT

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Anyway, the real question she's asking in the interview is about immigration: if we've been historically Anglo-Protestant, and elsewhere Anglo-Protestants have a track record of real success from Canada to Australia to South Africa, why wouldn't we prefer them to others in matters of immigration? Is that ipso facto a "racist" (lol) position, and if it is, who cares? Are we supposed to shoot ourselves in the foot to avoid being called racist?