What to make of the election?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

It isn't selective outrage sending so many the Trumpkins to jail.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Sondland is testifying Trump directed him, it was a quid pro quo, and everybody knew it.

Leftist pinkos like Lindsay Graham and Fox & Friends said last month this would be very bad.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Holy shit Sondland

Never expected him to spine-up.

This is priceless. Watch Nunes' face

Don’t believe everything you think.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Ken Starr said as recently as yesterday there was no proof of a crime.

Today:
Ken Starr, lead prosecutor in Clinton impeachment hearings: “There is now proof that the President (Trump) committed the crime of bribery...This has been one of those bombshell days.”

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Surreal.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:45 pmToday:
Ken Starr, lead prosecutor in Clinton impeachment hearings: “There is now proof that the President (Trump) committed the crime of bribery...This has been one of those bombshell days.”
Starr is still an idiot. There is now evidence that the President committed the crime of bribery. Not proof. I mean, sure I find the evidence compelling. But evidence is not the same thing as proof. I am unsurprised that Starr doesn't get the distinction.

Also there's this:

The Byron York Show #28
Talking Impeachment With Ken Starr

October 28, 2019
https://ricochet.com/podcast/byron-york ... ken-starr/
Back in 1998, the former independent counsel Ken Starr saw House Republicans use his report to impeach Bill Clinton. Now, he’s watching the House race to impeachment again, this time under Democrats and in a very different way. Amid much Republican complaining, do Democrats have the authority to conduct impeachment as they are conducting it? Is it constitutional? Unconstitutional? Anti-constitutional? Plus: Is this the what-goes-around-comes-around impeachment?
Now he feels that impeachment is a really reckless thing to do. Wouldn't a censure be better for everybody? Fuckin hypocrite piece of shit.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Sondland a little too pleased to be the first to jump ship and gets roasted.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:51 pm Sondland a little too pleased to be the first to jump ship and gets roasted.

Not a lawyer but he really seemed to be stretching with that leading question.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:36 pm It isn't selective outrage sending so many the Trumpkins to jail.
....while leaving Obamanites out of prison?

Obama gave GM to the UAW and Chrysler to FIAT. He dropped bombs on Libya without Congressional approval. He "brokered" at deal in Ukraine which has caused a genocidal civil war in East Ukraine.

The Ukrainian state launched strikes against Russian speakers in the east. Genocide.

As I said before "Selective Outrage".
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:45 pmToday:
Starr is still an idiot. There is now evidence that the President committed the crime of bribery. Not proof. I mean, sure I find the evidence compelling. But evidence is not the same thing as proof. I am unsurprised that Starr doesn't get the distinction.
While you're right that there is no proof of bribery there is unimpeachable proof of perjury. The man was found guilty, paid the fine and let it go. He's a convicted felon. The Corporate owned Media won't call him that, like they did Oliver North or Scooter Libbey, but there you are.
A federal judge yesterday fined Bill Clinton over $90,000 (£57,000) for denying under oath that he had had sex with Monica Lewinsky, in an unprecedented penalty imposed on an incumbent US president.

The fine was ordered by Judge Susan Webber Wright, three months after she found him guilty of contempt for giving false testimony in a sexual harassment case brought against him by a former Arkansas government employee, Paula Jones.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/ ... linton.usa

Did he do it to protect Hillary's Senate career? Is he that cavalier about Justice? Did he do it to cover up his other crimes?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

If only the republicans would have had the House and Senate while Obama was Prez. They could have investigated.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:47 pm Sondland is testifying Trump directed him, it was a quid pro quo, and everybody knew it.

Leftist pinkos like Lindsay Graham and Fox & Friends said last month this would be very bad.
We'll see.

I would like to see some Articles of Impeachment. Something specific so that Trump can get his day in Court.

So far this is a bunch of Trial in the Court of Public Opinion....... lots of allegations and some shaky testimony that ignores Obama/Biden intrigue in Ukraine.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:18 pm If only the republicans would have had the House and Senate while Obama was Prez. They could have investigated.
They did.... just not a two thirds majority in the Senate.

Which kind of proves that they were happy with what Obama did......

Is ripping off Preferred GM investors, including Teacher's Pensions, OK? How about handing a US based company to the Italian government (FIAT)?

Is bombing Khaddafy OK? Did Reagan get away with it? Is leaving Khaddafy to die on a road due to Mob justice OK? Where were all of the Democrats who flipped out during the Church Committee hearings about that 'rogue elephant CIA'?

Is starting a genocidal civil war in Ukraine OK?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:20 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:47 pm Sondland is testifying Trump directed him, it was a quid pro quo, and everybody knew it.

We'll see.

I would like to see some Articles of Impeachment. Something specific so that Trump can get his day in Court.

So far this is a bunch of Trial in the Court of Public Opinion....... lots of allegations and some shaky testimony that ignores Obama/Biden intrigue in Ukraine.
I agree there should be articles of impeachment.

The testimony has been devastating, and only lacks witnesses that have been blocked from showing up by the WH.

The Obama/Biden stuff is a red herring diversion. The time to address that was when the Republicans had both houses and Obama/Biden had the executive.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:00 pm I agree there should be articles of impeachment.

The testimony has been devastating, and only lacks witnesses that have been blocked from showing up by the WH.
If the Democrats nut up and walk their talk there will be Articles of Impeachment. If the trial reaches the Senate then all witnesses will be subject to Cross Examination. No Rep Schiff or Trump to coax or coach any witnesses. No more trial in the court of public opinion.

What seems "devastating" may become less so without coaching and with good cross.
nafod wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:00 pmThe Obama/Biden stuff is a red herring diversion. The time to address that was when the Republicans had both houses and Obama/Biden had the executive.
Why didn't the GOP go after it? Their leadership were Neo-conservatives. They are as guilty as Biden. I believe that there will be no serious attempt at impeachment for this reason.

Obama and Biden were amateurs playing games with Ukrainian decolonization and Russians being 'stranded' in former parts of the USSR. We are talking a dangerous game here. John McCain and other neo-cons joined the "fun".

I think that an impeachment is going seem to collapse under its own weight. This will cause Trump to gain a lot of sympathy votes. He will say "The swamp is after me!" He's already fundraising on this approach, I have to keep deleting such shit off of my phone.

I will not enjoy a second term of Donald Trump. The man is an unhinged authoritarian. Pity that his opponents are the same sort of person.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

The IG report was clear that the investigation was justified and there was no political bias, in fact there were texts of extremely pro-Trump FBI agents working (not that there was evidence their personal views affected their work either), so today's play appears to be to lie about what the report says.

I have been pretty confident the Senate was going to acquit on this, but am not so sure now. The Trump/Nunes/etc. crowd would not have to lie so hard and so much if the facts were on their side, and I'm not sure John Roberts is going to permit buffoonery in the the Senate trial. Every major newspaper in the country will probably call for removal.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

You true faith in the Democratic party is precious.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

How come all of the crimes that Democrats said were obviously revealed in the Mueller report never made it into their articles of impeachment?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:03 pm How come all of the crimes that Democrats said were obviously revealed in the Mueller report never made it into their articles of impeachment?
Too many big words, frankly, for short attention span America. Wouldn’t fit into a tweet.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

Not that I buy much of what David Frum has to say, but he's right about two things with regard to the impeachment proceedings --

The Dems suck hard at selling this to people who aren't already engaged.

The Republicans have a plan. It's an ugly plan but it beats no plan.

It's amazing how bad the Dems are at communicating, but they've been marinating in self absorption and automatic exclusion of anyone who isn't in the club for so long that they don't seem to know how to communicate with other people, They don't think they have to. That is going to doom this republic. They, we, need someone to be the voice of this thing to get people on board.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

You know, there's a whiff of antisemitism to the subtext of your comments. You don't think that Jerry Nadler and Adam Schiff are up to the job?

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

vern

Post by vern »

This anti-gun stuff in Virginia is going to hand the state to Trump next year.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... egislation
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Ah, the youth, beauty, and vigor of our leaders. Truly, we are a nation blessed.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Nafod, are you doing alright? Feeling a bit low? It was a tough week for you, I know.

United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) = Signed

Phase 1 US-China Trade Deal = Inked

Brexit = On the way

Biden = Commanding lead...lolololol

:butthead: