What to make of the election?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by Fat Cat »

Bernie is McGovern 2.0 without the humanity, war record, profound spirituality, or accomplishments. And he's a Jew. They killed Jesus in case you forgot. And he's a commie. And they killed everybody but Jesus. In case you forgot.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

vern

Post by vern »

Trump is now the youngest man running.
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Super Tuesday predictions please.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Biden FTW, Berniebros quite salty.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Joe's got a backup job if this falls through.

Don’t believe everything you think.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:32 pm Biden FTW, Berniebros quite salty.
Prophetic.

Guess what? Young people never fail to not vote.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Never would have guessed him taking MN, MA, ME. This is stunning.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

I didn't think to register to vote but I should, just to vote for Biden. He's horrible but he's not peddling totally insane crap like the rest of the field.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Solid predictions, Spells! Biden had a very strong showing. Winning California saved Bernie's bacon for now, but I don't think he can have another night like that one.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I think Warren really fucked it up for Bernie in Minnesota and Massachusetts. Given she has no chance of winning, her persistence has to be on orders from the DNC to tank Bernie's wine aunt and cat mom constituents.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Bernie has a press conference. I wonder if he's going to threaten to go to November, as the nominee or as a 3rd party spoiler.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:14 am Never would have guessed him taking MN, MA, ME. This is stunning.
Quote: "Haven't seen a communist get beat like that since Rocky IV."

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Apparently Democratic Party = he man womyn haters club
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Well it all certainly speaks to a very divided Democratic electorate. Don't know how many Bernie Bros are willing to hold their nose and vote for Biden in November after Bernie's treatment by the DNC.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:29 pm Well it all certainly speaks to a very divided Democratic electorate. Don't know how many Bernie Bros are willing to hold their nose and vote for Biden in November after Bernie's treatment by the DNC.
About as many as voted for Hillary in '16.

The current Democrat establishment just doesn't get it. Trump won because he built a movement around himself. He talked big and got people to buy into his rhetoric. He got people excited to go out and vote FOR Trump just as much as the "Fuck Hillary" vote. Throwing some milquetoast geriatric dementia case against Trump is doomed. The only people who will go out an vote for Joe Biden are the anti-Trump Dems. Joe's not going to mobilize anywhere near the fence sitters he'll need to compete with Trump.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

How much passion is there for Joe Biden?
Unless you fully hate Trump would you even leave the house to jump on the Biden Bus?

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:52 am How much passion is there for Joe Biden?
Unless you fully hate Trump would you even leave the house to jump on the Biden Bus?
He's pro blue collar union, unlikely to threaten social security or Medicare, pro fracking in practical terms, and a family man whose wife works for a living and bodychecked a couple Lena Dunham lookalikes on Super Tuesday. My guess is that he'll do well with women over 50 and rust belt voters who voted for Obama twice and then switched to Trump, and a few other groups that don't have twitter accounts.
Last edited by Turdacious on Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

I'm loving looking at my facebook feed and seeing the wailing and gnashing of teeth from my progressive friends-- it's almost as great as it was when Trump won. Especially black progressives-- they're in absolute shock.

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

Bernie is all mouth. He doesn't have the balls to take on Biden. There was no comeback here, Biden received the Blue Meanie (Klobuchar) and Butt Plug's support. It was a consolidation.

Biden has zero plans. Just wants to heal the nation. Good luck with that.

Bob Dole was the most uninspiring candidate I can remember. Biden puts him to shame.

Guaranteed he's going to pander and have that fat delusional Michael Strahan lookalike Stacy Abrams as his VP pick.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Hanglow Joe wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:50 am Biden received the Blue Meanie (Klobuchar) and Butt Plug's support. It was a consolidation.
Kasich and Cruz and Rubio are all pissed that the other two guys didn’t quit.

Voter turnout in the primary Super Tuesday was way up. That means enthusiasm is way up. For Milquetoast Joe.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Yeah, if everybody didn't hate Cruz they could have done similar.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:31 pm
Hanglow Joe wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:50 am Biden received the Blue Meanie (Klobuchar) and Butt Plug's support. It was a consolidation.

Voter turnout in the primary Super Tuesday was way up. That means enthusiasm is way up. For Milquetoast Joe.
It sounds like you are on board the No Malarkey Express, friendo.

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

nafod wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:31 pm

He'll get eviscerated by Trump. Trump is younger, has more energy and much better on his feet. Biden can play the victim card of a senior citizen being bullied. He has no platform to discuss.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

^^^That's a good point. The weakest part of Biden's platform is Biden himself.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

The old saying in politics that you can't beat somebody with nobody applies here. Biden isn't nobody but he hasn't made himself somebody either. Many VPs before him had a strategy is not doing or saying much and hoping that being or having been VP is enough to get the votes. Sometimes it works. But Biden isn't good enough in any area to make people not care about his flaws, and he's not good at winning people over.