What to make of the election?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Re: What to make of the election?

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:18 am The GA bitch in the same briefing also bought stock in pharma and telecommuting tech after dumping. She'd made no other trades since her election, and said everything was going to be fine and this was overblown.

Feinstein's assets were in a blind trust, so unless the blind trust and her are in some kind of conspiracy, that's a big nope.
I saw a blip of the GA senator on TV. She implied that she had a blind trust but I didn't hear her say those exact words.

Feinstein said that her husband handles all the investing. "Feinstein defended herself in a series of tweets on Friday, saying she has "no control" over her assets and the stocks in question were her husband's transactions". Her husband, Richard Blum has been huge into Chinese investing. Was there pillow talk about the virus? Probably, but I don't know if it was much of a factor in these specific stock transactions.

Even if all 4 are 100% guilty, it's the tip of the DC corruption iceberg.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:18 am The GA bitch in the same briefing also bought stock in pharma and telecommuting tech after dumping. She'd made no other trades since her election, and said everything was going to be fine and this was overblown.

Feinstein's assets were in a blind trust, so unless the blind trust and her are in some kind of conspiracy, that's a big nope.
Burr's a small fish, doesn't appear to have any idea how the game is played, and has no friends (he's a Republican who pissed off the Trump family); the other two are sophisticated and know how to work indirectly.

And there's no indication that any of them got information that wasn't publicly available.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Turdacious wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:46 am

Burr's a small fish, doesn't appear to have any idea how the game is played, and has no friends (he's a Republican who pissed off the Trump family); the other two are sophisticated and know how to work indirectly.

And there's no indication that any of them got information that wasn't publicly available.
Classified intel briefs aren’t publicly available.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Turdacious wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:46 am Burr's a small fish, doesn't appear to have any idea how the game is played, and has no friends (he's a Republican who pissed off the Trump family); the other two are sophisticated and know how to work indirectly.

I get what you're saying about anybody being able to dig through the CDC, NIH, and WHO information and probably come to the same conclusion that this was going to be bad. Hell, get your news from anything other than the US mainstream (or worse, FOX/Limbaugh/Etc) and you would have gotten a much different picture than the official Trump message.

What infuriates me here is that they KNEW without a shadow of a doubt how this was going to play out at least two months ago because THEY WERE TOLD EXACTLY HOW in a closed door meeting with the people whose job it is to know. And then they made their plays based on that information, while they downplayed the severity to the public. If it was serious enough to cash out of the market, buy EXTREMELY specific stocks that would make you bank in this downturn and social isolation, then it was for god damned sure serious enough to start getting plans in place, get critical supply lines stocked, set up serious travel restrictions, and try out damnedest to get ahead of the curve. They did none of that. And they should pay.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 pm
Turdacious wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:46 am Burr's a small fish, doesn't appear to have any idea how the game is played, and has no friends (he's a Republican who pissed off the Trump family); the other two are sophisticated and know how to work indirectly.

I get what you're saying about anybody being able to dig through the CDC, NIH, and WHO information and probably come to the same conclusion that this was going to be bad. Hell, get your news from anything other than the US mainstream (or worse, FOX/Limbaugh/Etc) and you would have gotten a much different picture than the official Trump message.

What infuriates me here is that they KNEW without a shadow of a doubt how this was going to play out at least two months ago because THEY WERE TOLD EXACTLY HOW in a closed door meeting with the people whose job it is to know. And then they made their plays based on that information, while they downplayed the severity to the public. If it was serious enough to cash out of the market, buy EXTREMELY specific stocks that would make you bank in this downturn and social isolation, then it was for god damned sure serious enough to start getting plans in place, get critical supply lines stocked, set up serious travel restrictions, and try out damnedest to get ahead of the curve. They did none of that. And they should pay.
To be honest, we don't know what they were told, or if the bureaucrat giving the briefing had any expertise. We do know that both the House and Senate dicked around with pandemic preparation funding, and the White House only changed their mind about cutting 2021 CDC funding fucking yesterday. Pretty clear no alarms were going off like they should have been if a real expert had been giving the briefing.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:57 pm
Turdacious wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:46 am

Classified intel briefs aren’t publicly available.
Which nicely hides the fact that many of them aren't useful. And I know you know this from experience.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Turdacious wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:34 pm

To be honest, we don't know what they were told, or if the bureaucrat giving the briefing had any expertise. We do know that both the House and Senate dicked around with pandemic preparation funding, and the White House only changed their mind about cutting 2021 CDC funding fucking yesterday. Pretty clear no alarms were going off like they should have been if a real expert had been giving the briefing.
You would hope that if real experts had actually sounded the alarm with the House and Senate, they would have taken action.
I'm actually wondering if the Trump admin and subsequently every other politician was hoping beyond hope this wouldn't blow up for another few months and they could get through the November elections before having to make any real decisions.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Real experts? There’s no place for such people in this administration. Just serial fellaters.

Watching each of them praise Trump’s leadership is positively creepy. I mean, just fucking weird. Pence in particular, although I guess he knows what needs to be done to keep the PumpkinFuhrer sated.

Props to Burr for looking out for his constituents...his family and donors. Too bad so sad for his voters.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Real experts? There’s no place for such people in this administration. Just serial fellaters.

Watching each of them praise Trump’s leadership is positively creepy. I mean, just fucking weird. Pence in particular, although I guess he knows what needs to be done to keep the PumpkinFuhrer sated.

Props to Burr for looking out for his constituents...his family and donors. Too bad so sad for his voters.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

[quote=Turdacious post_id=890948 time=1584806768 user_id=179]

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Are the Dems really going to hitch their waggon to Joe Biden? He's less electable than Hillary ever was. Trump's team just fired a warning shot that should pretty much sink this guy before he leaves port. They are going to absolutely shit hammer him when this election gets going, and the debates will be even worse.
They better have someone in the wings ready to go and have Biden have an "emergency" or "accident", because there's NFW I'm voting for that shit show. I'll write in Tulsi or vote Green Party first.
At least Trump would seize on the anti-China sentiment and have the public backing to go to battle with them over trade.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Prediction: Trump corners the black vote once those checks hit the skreetz.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Yep. Gone have his name on them so they can remember who to vote for.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:50 pm Prediction: Trump corners the black vote once those checks hit the skreetz.
Joe Biden was Obama's blood brother, white dude who played loyal second fiddle to the first Bro Pres in US history, close friend, backed him faithfully. They will never forget that.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

nafod wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:04 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:50 pm Prediction: Trump corners the black vote once those checks hit the skreetz.
Joe Biden was Obama's blood brother, white dude who played loyal second fiddle to the first Bro Pres in US history, close friend, backed him faithfully. They will never forget that.
Not so sure that the dementia patient will carry the Obama shine, but we haven't seen Obama pretend to enthusiastically campaign for him yet.

Trump has delivered some solid things to the black community from sentencing reform to (pre-plague) record employment numbers. Now he's sending cash money.

If Trump can pull 4% of the black vote and more blacks decide to take a pass on the presidential election this year, little things could mean a lot. Especially in swing states. Most especially if they see employment rising substantially by Sep-Oct.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:04 pm
Nafod with his finger on the pulse of black America! You're pretty sure you got the darkies in your pocket.

However, I propose an alternative view. This election has boiled down to voting for a dude that gave black voters $1200 each, signed the First Step Act into law, and oversaw the lowest levels of black unemployment in history OR for a dude that legislated mass-incarceration of blacks. :butthead:
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:58 pm ...the lowest levels of black unemployment in history
But are now dying of the Trumpvirus while they just lost their health insurance due to the Trumpvirus.

Maybe if the Trumpvirus hadn't descended upon them like Trump's gaze on your wife's ass even as you are looking him in the eye.

Turd, cue the bald chick.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

$1200 nigga wat

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Neither Obama nor Trump did particularly well re black employment.
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS11300006

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Burr raided by FBI. His brother in law also dumped stock prior to crash. It seems unlikely this raid would happen if things weren't pretty sewn up.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

The election is in November. Most folks will have gone through that $1200 by then. The question will be "what have you done for me lately?"

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

I'm thinking the next step is a full-on UBI for 6-18 months. Too many news articles out there softening the public up to the idea. And Yang has been making the rounds on new/talkshows/podcasts again.
Look for Trump and the Repubs to hit the Dems from the left again on direct payment to citizens.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Time to fire up the MAGA Rallies. Get 50,000 supporters in a venue big enough for 20,000, no masks and lots of yelling. Chant "Down with Fauci". Virus is overblown anyway.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:50 pmPrediction: Trump cornholes the black voters and makes those chicks hit the streetz.
Yeah, probable.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Ukraine intercepts $6M bribe to stop investigation into Burisma founder

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ma-founder