The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

JimZipCode

Re: The couch thread

Post by JimZipCode »

SubClaw wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:51 amOh, man...
My stepdaughter watches Big Brother, and that chick was on it last summer. Love her.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

DrDonkeyLove wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:49 pm Gay stuff seems to set some Christians off more than other sins that are equally condemned in the Bible. I don't really get it.
I've always felt the homophobes were fighting an internal battle first.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Tirofijo
Sarge

Post by Tirofijo »

Speaking of Glassman, I haven't seen a pic of Couch in years. How's he looking these days?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Tirofijo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:55 pm Speaking of Glassman, I haven't seen a pic of Couch in years. How's he looking these days?
He seems to be on some kind of age-accelerating regimen.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

CrossFit is the new contender for gayest sport on the planet
https://qz.com/1288331/crossfit-is-the- ... he-planet/
June 08, 2018
more than half of all CrossFitters have a household income exceeding $150,000, which allows droves of gay men to shell out hundreds of dollars a month for an Equinox membership. This, combined with its type-A siren call, a public image unafraid to tout sweaty masculine flesh, and, I would argue, its very bro-ness, and CrossFit’s gay appeal is easier to decipher.

“I have zero natural athletic ability, and felt left out of most sports growing up,” says Cobb. “I feel like with CrossFit I’ve finally come into my own athletically, after years of feeling too gay to play.”
Yet unlike other exercise trends, CrossFit exists as an entity unto itself. CrossFit is a lifestyle, a state of mind, and a reason for being. In an age of soul-sucking hookup apps and the waning popularity of gay bars, CrossFit provides a sense of community and kinship for gay men who feel deprived of it. Whether in small towns, big cities or traveling on the road, CrossFit is almost universally an LGBT “safe space.”
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:27 pm
Tirofijo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:55 pm Speaking of Glassman, I haven't seen a pic of Couch in years. How's he looking these days?
On the contrary, he's pretty damn spry for 60ish, and having a 9 month old baby.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

JimZipCode wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:58 pm CrossFit is the new contender for gayest sport on the planet
https://qz.com/1288331/crossfit-is-the- ... he-planet/
June 08, 2018
more than half of all CrossFitters have a household income exceeding $150,000, which allows droves of gay men to shell out hundreds of dollars a month for an Equinox membership. This, combined with its type-A siren call, a public image unafraid to tout sweaty masculine flesh, and, I would argue, its very bro-ness, and CrossFit’s gay appeal is easier to decipher.

“I have zero natural athletic ability, and felt left out of most sports growing up,” says Cobb. “I feel like with CrossFit I’ve finally come into my own athletically, after years of feeling too gay to play.”
Yet unlike other exercise trends, CrossFit exists as an entity unto itself. CrossFit is a lifestyle, a state of mind, and a reason for being. In an age of soul-sucking hookup apps and the waning popularity of gay bars, CrossFit provides a sense of community and kinship for gay men who feel deprived of it. Whether in small towns, big cities or traveling on the road, CrossFit is almost universally an LGBT “safe space.”

A friend of mine opening a CF place embraced gays early, and as such, he had a large gay membership, who worked hard, partied hard, and paid their bills on time

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Turdacious wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:38 am
Sangoma wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:22 am “I was sinful at birth, filled with sin from the time my mother conceived me” (Psalm 51:5).
“There is no one righteous, not even one . . . there is no one who does good, not even one” (Psalm 14:1–3).
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
“The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately corrupt” (Jeremiah 17:9).

So. According to the Book, never mind your what your intentions are you are doomed and going to burn in the eternal fire in Hell anyway. My Muslim friend tells me there are three kinds of hell, according to the temperature of the flame; the black one apparently is the hottest. Notwithstanding, religious warrior morons of all denominations who feel they have the right to judge can go and fuck themselves.
Behold the superiority of the Marxist/Leninist educashun!
Qu'est-ce que c'est?

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

syaigh wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:14 pm So uh, this: https://pagesix.com/2019/10/07/former-c ... -marriage/

She is looking rough.
I'd say she looks good for a broad who's about to marry a convicted murderer in a jailhouse ceremony. Tad bit methy perhaps, but hey, Florida...
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Boris

Post by Boris »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:27 pm
Fuck, aren't we all?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

syaigh wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:14 pm So uh, this: https://pagesix.com/2019/10/07/former-c ... -marriage/

She is looking rough.
Holy shit that is bananas/sad
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

big_t2100
Corporal

Post by big_t2100 »

So......who is here after Glassman's "FLOYD-19" tweet?

Good to see you all again!

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

big_t2100 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:33 pm So......who is here after Glassman's "FLOYD-19" tweet?

Hard to believe that Couch found a way to top Lauren's pending nuptials to Joe Exotic's ex, but he did it.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

I'm not on the Faical Books, so had to have the wife look up what the dust-up is. At a time like this, Glasshole is going to put THAT virtual foot in his mouth? If there's one thing in this universe that will lose business and get a company "cancelled", it's being seen as standing on the wrong side of the racism line.
Like Sam Harris said when he went hammer and tongs with Ezra Klein when Ezra accused Sam of being racist, you HAVE to defend yourself against those charges swiftly and firmly. Because if that racism punch lands, that can be a career killer. And Glassman has repeatedly stepped in it.

On a different note - is @Fit even still a thing? Haven't seen or heard much about it in a year or more.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

aussie luke
Staff Sergeant

Post by aussie luke »

Just came here to find this thread. Because of his tweets, Reebok and Rogue have just dropped CrossFit. And a load of major affiliates have dropped association too.

He finally truly fucked it.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

ask me how I knew this would be fired up.

let me state that drywall, etc, were pale pathetic IGx wannabes who never had the balls to engage, and plagiarized the vast majority of their stuff from this thread, and were never contributors here, preferring to dabble where they could get more likes and thumbs up from social media fucktards.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Crossfit has always been the most inclusive of fitness regimens. Crossfit.com never tolerated racism, sexism, homophobia or transphobia, but please remember, it's an affiliate, not a franchise, and you got as much rope as you wanted to run with. If you could find a way, or make one, you could do it.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Re-reading Glassman's response is even more disappointing after finishing Alyssa's long letter.

It's not a lot to offer some measure of empathy. He went the TOTAL WAR route. I suspect Bikram levels of fallout will result.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

big_t2100 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:33 pm So......who is here after Glassman's "FLOYD-19" tweet?

Yaaaaa boiiiii! WUSSUP T.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Fish
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fish »

Holy shit, I remembered my username and password for this forum.

It's fucking hilarious that the public finally realized how much of a complete psychopath Greg Glassman is. 15+ years of terrible behavior, and it only took one insensitive joke about a murdered black man for everyone to jump ship.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

How much $$$ does this cost ya reckon?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:21 pm How much $$$ does this cost ya reckon?
Into the millions, bare minimum. Maybe tens of millions.
I'm pretty sure @Fit was on the down slope anyway, but this will ensure a fast circling of the drain. NOBODY will want to be associated with anything even remotely construed as racist now.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:30 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:21 pm How much $$$ does this cost ya reckon?
Into the millions, bare minimum. Maybe tens of millions.
I'm pretty sure @Fit was on the down slope anyway, but this will ensure a fast circling of the drain. NOBODY will want to be associated with anything even remotely construed as racist now.
Time to change directions then: KKKrosfit.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.