Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Schlegel

Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Post by Schlegel »

12oz grilled burger rare and well seasoned on a homemade sesame bun, some grilled zucchini on the side. Homemade molasses cookie for dessert. I've seen Europeans sneer about Americans and hamburgers but they can F off.
20200610_195950.jpg
20200610_195950.jpg (283.34 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Hey FC, this what I mean by simple and good.

Post by Fat Cat »

That looks so good. I'm low carbing right now and found myself staring at the bun...*sigh*

Hamburgers are awesome and people only talk shit because they're coping with seething jealousy. They literally hate us for our (delicious) freedom. Also, I am married to a Europoor and can vouch for the fact that they love burgers, pizza, fried chicken, dogs, etc. If you take a Frenchman shooting in the morning and grilling by the pool in the afternoon, they will be singing the Star Spangled Banner by nightfall.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Schlegel wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:28 amHomemade molasses cookie for dessert.
I love molasses cookies.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Topic author
Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Courtesy of the wife working from home we have had this week fresh white bread, wheat bread, banana bread, both chocolate chip and molasses cookies, and of course the buns. They were so good we just devoured the first one hot with butter. My condolences on the low carbing.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Schlegel wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:41 am Courtesy of the wife working from home we have had this week fresh white bread, wheat bread, banana bread, both chocolate chip and molasses cookies, and of course the buns. They were so good we just devoured the first one hot with butter. My condolences on the low carbing.
Can you talk a bit about how you make the bun?

It's one of the things I haven't done yet during the Great Bake of 2020.

Topic author
Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Mrs. says she used the King Arthur "Beautiful Burger Buns" recipe except she used the bread machine to do the mixing, kneading, and initial rise. If you use them same day you will need to toast them to dry them a bit to stand up to burger juices, after a day you can just slice them in two, butter and grill the inside on a flat grill or pan and they will be just right when warm and browned. King Arthur is her preferred flour source, she mail orders their stuff all the time.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Schlegel wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:02 am Mrs. says she used the King Arthur "Beautiful Burger Buns" recipe except she used the bread machine to do the mixing, kneading, and initial rise. If you use them same day you will need to toast them to dry them a bit to stand up to burger juices, after a day you can just slice them in two, butter and grill the inside on a flat grill or pan and they will be just right when warm and browned. King Arthur is her preferred flour source, she mail orders their stuff all the time.
Awesome. Thank you.

Topic author
Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

This month's new food experiment was homemade sharwarma complete with pitas from scratch. Total success, except for the kids won't eat it. They are in the bland phase. More for me!

This is the best new recipe since schnitzel. The fresh pitas are awesome, a huge step up from even the ones bought at ethnic groceries. Hard to beat eating them still warm... I cook them on a hot griddle a couple minutes, flip once.

Lemon garlic yogurt sauce of course, and I also made a red chile sauce that's peppers, onion, cumin, mustard seeds, olive oil, and vinegar.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Schlegel wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:10 pm This month's new food experiment was homemade sharwarma complete with pitas from scratch. Total success, except for the kids won't eat it. They are in the bland phase. More for me!

This is the best new recipe since schnitzel. The fresh pitas are awesome, a huge step up from even the ones bought at ethnic groceries. Hard to beat eating them still warm... I cook them on a hot griddle a couple minutes, flip once.

Lemon garlic yogurt sauce of course, and I also made a red chile sauce that's peppers, onion, cumin, mustard seeds, olive oil, and vinegar.
Sounds great! My personal favorite way to enjoy shawarma is with amba (mango pickles)-- either as a topping or on the side.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule