Ross Enamait 'Infinite Intensity'

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Gav
Sgt. Major

Ross Enamait 'Infinite Intensity'

Post by Gav »

250 pages and zero fluff. The book is heavily geared towards combat athletes but would get anyone extremely fit. There are sections on dumbell training, bodyweight exercises, isometrics, anaerobic conditioning, GPP, intervals, core training, sandbag training, program creation and a 50 day training program.
Most of the people on IG will already know a lot of the theory and will also know most of the exercises. There are some things I hadn't seen.
The best part for me was the info on how a fighter should put together a program and what components are important. Ross combines science and experience in a no BS way and delivers the goods. Overall a very good book, especially for someone who is looking to learn how to train and hasn't already read several books on the subject.
davidc wrote:I've found standing on my head to be particularly useful

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Very solid, no nonsense book-- he presents exercises, sequences for doing them, and what the benefits are. The sections on ab, hand/grip, neck, and calf training seemed pretty fighter specific. The sample program (very adaptable) has a lot of variety-- it would be very difficult to get bored with this program.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Link, liebitches.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I see 'Never Gymless' is out now as well. I will be getting both of these. Thanks for the review.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Mickey O'neil wrote:I see 'Never Gymless' is out now as well. I will be getting both of these. Thanks for the review.
NG is availible on 4/18. I'm getting it & Infinite Intensity
Fat Cat wrote: People have never really seen true mastery, so they don't even know that they don't have it.

bill fox

Post by bill fox »

I think both too.
"my body stayin' vicious, I be up in the gym, just workin' on my fitness"

Fergie

Dave

Post by Dave »

Ordered both NG & II yesterday morning. Got an email from Ross around 6:30p confirming the order & saying he shipped both out shortly after I ordered. I would expect to get them by Friday.

Will post reviews after I read them
Fat Cat wrote: People have never really seen true mastery, so they don't even know that they don't have it.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Ordered them Tuesday, got them Friday. Ross is very responsive via email. Good Customer service.

Infinite Intensity - 1st few chapters are intro & why bodybuilding is bad esp for combat athletes, myofibrilllar vs sarcoplasmic hypertorphy, max strength, speed strength, strength endurance etc.

Exercises so far are basically kb stuff (snatch, clean, jerk, press etc) with dumbbells. That's as far as 've gotten so far....

More to come......

Hagbard
Sgt. Major

Post by Hagbard »

Beemp for Dave
?

Dave

Post by Dave »

Still reading it.
After the section of exercises with dumbbells instead of KBs he cover pullups, chins, 1 arm pullups, towel & rope pulllups, rope climbing etc. He also hits muscle ups using rings. He also hits pushups & variants too including handstand pushups.

Discussion of lower body training with pistols, GHR (he made his own from wood). plyo pushups and pic where his upper body is about 3 feet off the ground!
Burpees, squat thrusts.

He has a whole section on isometric holds & how to incorporate them into training including iso punches against a wall. THis section is pretty good. I hadnt heard a lot about isometric work and Ross did a good job covering this little known methodology.

HE covers the reasons why GPP is needed & bit of physiology of the ATP cycles and the different energy systems and some psychology as well.

Russ likes Tabata intervals and many of his routines are based on Tabata especially the ones involving hitting the heavy bag.

He has a bunch of workouts that are all pretty tough some use equipment, some are bodyweight only, some use both.

He scatters some programs through out the text and many paragraphs are redundant. The people experienced in bodyweight conditioing will find this old news. I fond it to be a good refresher. He quotes, Siff & Medvedyev a bit as well as some other Russians throughout the text.

That's as far as I've gotten, which is about 3/4 of the book.

I'd say that after the initial section on usinng DBs for snatches, swings & stuff that the book, so far, was worth the $.

It a spiral bound book like the 1st edition of Pavel's Beyond Bodybuilding so it lays flat. It runs over 250 pages and looks like the last section is a 50 day program.

I'll add more when I've finished.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Core training variations on crunches - v-ups with a med ball, chinnies (alt elbow to knee. Legs are extended and you bring one in to meet the elbow), the plank and extened arm pushup ( think full extension on ab wheel) Ross shows it one handed as well. Back extension on his homemade rig, supermans (which gets the red flag from McGill) and dragon flags among some of the BW work.
With dumbells the usual side bends & Saxon Side bends as well as a deadlift twist which looks like it might play hell with the spine. Stand next a DB or KB and deadlift rotate to the other side, pivoting on the foot and set it down
KB twists (rotations again) and med ball throws into a wall the TGU round things off. Then of course yet another program or 2 for abs.

Additional training section includes sandbags, knuckle & fingertip pushups, wrist rollers, neck work with a harness.
But wait, there's more. Farmers walk, wall squat (back to the wall,stationary).
He then goes in depth on program creation and winds up with a 50 day plan that incorporates everything in the book.

All in all a good job. recommend 3.5 stars

Skinny

Post by Skinny »

No e-books. It sucks but I can understand him. It seems that it's worth the extra postage costs.
"My idea of fun is killing everyone" Iggy and the Stooges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_iXkX7psfM

terra

Re: Ross Enamait 'Infinite Intensity'

Post by terra »

Seeking a second opinion with a possible purchase.

Did have access to power rack, weights etc etc at a mates but its not so convenient.
So training seems to be at home or in park more and more now.
Mix of strength/conditioning stuff - bodyweight training, kettlebells (both as 'kettlebells' and as dumbells), and using the other junk in various manners etc.

Current equipment is: Bodyweight. Kettlebells 1x26lb, 2x35lb, 2x53lb. Cheap stretchbands. Swissball. Dodgy chin-up rig (hope to get/make rings soon too). Jumprope. One of those wrist gyros :rolleyes: . Free 10lb hex dumbell. And a soon to be made sandbag.

As of late training has been getting a certain "sameness" about it.
Plus I would really like some more literature about program design and some good "putting it all together" type principles. Hence thinking Ross's book(s) sound like a solution for info and fresh inspiration.

2 questions to those who have his stuff...
Which book(s) would you recommend to suit above listed gear/training?
How much program design info can I expect?

Thanks for any help.

(Post put under product review instead of training forum to keep the info together - hope that's cool).
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

MonkeyJesus
Gunny

Post by MonkeyJesus »

I'd get NeverGymless. It has more interesting circuit/interval training than what was presented in II. If you can't figure out how to put in weighted movements into the programming presented in NG, then there are other issues you need to address.

$85 for all three manuals and a DVD is also a good deal to consider. Even if you decide to get one book, either II or NG will give you solid knowledge on constructing your own training program. Most of the equipment demo'd in either book is fairly cheap or cheap/easy to make yourself.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

DannyD wrote:I'd get NeverGymless. It has more interesting circuit/interval training than what was presented in II. If you can't figure out how to put in weighted movements into the programming presented in NG, then there are other issues you need to address.

$85 for all three manuals and a DVD is also a good deal to consider. Even if you decide to get one book, either II or NG will give you solid knowledge on constructing your own training program. Most of the equipment demo'd in either book is fairly cheap or cheap/easy to make yourself.
I second getting NG if you are going to get just one of the 2 (or 3).

knuckles
Gunny

Post by knuckles »

This is by far my favorite schtuff. I have all 3...I really think its the best value out there for hardcore training, that I've seen. My ultimate goal would be to do a 50 day plan as written...gonna take minute to get there Im afraid.

terra

Post by terra »

Thanks for the replies, I sent a similar question as posted above to Ross himself.
Received a prompt and very honest reply where he actually sold me down saying I probably only want to buy 1 of his books.

I did more research on the book contents and realised the other 2 books are also gold mines of quality info.
The reviews plus the honest direct email from the author sold me on the set of 3 books (with included DVD).

First glance:
They made it down here to OZ in 4 days (amazing), and were well packaged to avoid damage.
With a hand signed thankyou note.
I have only had time to quickly flip through the books and the start of the DVD. The products are professionally presented in an efficient, straight to the point manner. Ross hasn't spent time and money on fluff but at the same time you are getting quality spiral bound manuals with proper covers. The volume of info is just amazing for the price, and should put some other producers of training manuals to shame.
The first portion of the DVD is clear and informative.
The intro to Infinite Intensity is gold and great reading for anyone thinking of physical training.

Will follow up with a full report after my university exams are out of the way and i've had time to fully comprehand all the material in the books.

http://www.rosstraining.com/products.html
http://www.rosstraining.com/faq.html
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Ross Enamait is really the gold standard to which anyone else trying to make some money in the fitness industry should look to.

He's personable and professional, and his materials are info dense and top-notch.