In plain sight

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

In plain sight

Post by Sangoma »

Teammates say they are uncomfortable changing in locker room with trans UPenn swimmer Lia Thomas
A member of the University of Pennsylvania women’s swim team said some team members are uncomfortable changing in the locker room with transgender swimmer Lia Thomas, according to a teammate.

Thomas, 22, who spent the previous three years swimming with the men’s team before she began transitioning to a woman, has created an uneasy environment in the locker room, as she still retains her biologically male genitalia — which are sometimes exposed — and is attracted to women, one teammate told the Daily Mail in an interview.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

In plain sight

Post by nafod »

That is bizarre

I mean, it’s a women’s college sport, so they’re all probably attracted to women. Or most of them are, according to my wife, who was a college athlete.

It’s a B16 level of confusion.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

In plain sight

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:17 pm It’s a B16 level of confusion.
There's nothing confusing about it at all. "Trans-women" are men, and women can't compete with men in physical endeavors because millions of years of evolution has equipped their bodies for other things. Sports for women are still incredibly important and pretending that "trans-women" can compete fairly with actual women makes a mockery of the whole thing. In the name of open-mindedness and acceptance we elevate a few mentally ill men at the expense of all women.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

motherjuggs&speed

In plain sight

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:55 pm In the name of open-mindedness and acceptance we elevate a few mentally ill men at the expense of all women.
In the name of those things, yes. It isn't actually about either.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

In plain sight

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

They did an article on this and included how male puberty affects bone length, wingspan, and other advantages that are completely overwhelming regardless of what you do to hormones later. Penn swimmer was also sandbagging based on an analysis of pace.

If this is permitted, college coaches will start recruiting trans HS swimmers who will easily dominate anybody who hasn't gone through puberty as a male. It's a completely idiotic and shortsighted approach.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

In plain sight

Post by Fat Cat »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:13 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:55 pm In the name of open-mindedness and acceptance we elevate a few mentally ill men at the expense of all women.
In the name of those things, yes. It isn't actually about either.
I tend to agree that there is a hone/tatemae thing going on with the promotion of "transexual rights" but that's a whole 'nuther topic.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

In plain sight

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:55 pm
nafod wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:17 pm It’s a B16 level of confusion.
There's nothing confusing about it at all. "Trans-women" are men, and women can't compete with men in physical endeavors because millions of years of evolution has equipped their bodies for other things. Sports for women are still incredibly important and pretending that "trans-women" can compete fairly with actual women makes a mockery of the whole thing. In the name of open-mindedness and acceptance we elevate a few mentally ill men at the expense of all women.
Well, the article was about naked “women” looking at each other in the locker room.

I agree if you were hormonally a dude for the first 18 years, you cheated.
Don’t believe everything you think.