Biden's America: Trump Prosecutors Simultaneously Resign

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

The two prosecutors in charge of the Manhattan district attorney’s criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump and his business dealings suddenly resigned Wednesday, throwing the future of the probe into question.

A spokesperson for District Attorney Alvin Bragg confirmed the resignations of Carey Dunne and former mafia prosecutor Mark Pomerantz. Both started on the probe under former District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. and were asked to stay when Bragg took office in January.

Dunne, the office’s former general counsel, argued before the U.S. Supreme Court in a successful fight for Trump’s tax records. Pomerantz was brought out of private practice by Vance last year to add his expertise in white collar investigations to the probe.

“We are grateful for their service,” said Bragg’s spokesperson, Danielle Filson. She declined to comment further, saying the investigation is ongoing.

The New York Times, citing sources, reported that Dunne and Pomerantz quit after Bragg raised doubts about pursuing a case against Trump.

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-man ... bd73abbf80

Would any of our resident same sex couples like to opine on this?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Trump has pictures of Bragg
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Nah it's because Trump is a DOJ/FBI asset from at least back in the 80's. He's a walking sting operation. The DA got the read in on his background.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ja ... d-to-fully

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

If that report is true, it was pretty slick for Trump to "express reservations" about the mob. "Hey guys, I'd like to do a lot of illegal shit and get a free pass, how about I tell you all about my mob connections in exchange?".

I think we can assume that people who fly close to the sun and don't get burned are working with the powers that be. How many people have been doing nefarious stuff in broad daylight and it turns out they were wired in?

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:20 am I think we can assume that people who fly close to the sun and don't get burned are working with the powers that be.
So very true.
motherjuggs&speed wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:20 am How many people have been doing nefarious stuff in broad daylight and it turns out they were wired in?
By my last count, all of them.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Dudes he is a walking sting. You don't just retire from that shit. His whole presidency was a sting.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I have no love for Trump and I hope he doesn't run again, but the managerial Left is far worse IMHO.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Oh he is running. After Biden purges the DEMs or allows Durham to purge the DEMs, he's gonna do the same to the GOP.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Well he hasn't asked my opinion, that much I can tell you. :drinkers:

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

:: crinkle let's see if I can get this to fit, okay there it is

"The case is over."
"I don't know what kind of political bullshit you're pulling, but I'll raise holy hell."
"You're being read in. This is classified. Trump's an asset. If you tell anyone you'll be prosecuted. If we'll do it to a General, and we did, we'll do it to you."
Later that day at the Orange Julius stand:
"This is bullshit."
"Look, I can't die on this hill. All we can do is resign."
"Let's do it the same day. Send whatever message we can."

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Yeah. That's how I see it. There was never much mvmnt on the case either. His acct firm is prob the target.