No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

My prognoses are failed.
As usual.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

It's weird watching Glenn Greenwald and Edward Snowden (who mocked international fears of invasion) so obviously shill for Russia at this point. When Citizen Four came out and the IC community was accusing these two of being Russian shills, I thought they were obviously lying about them. I can't tell if they changed or if the IC people were right all along.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Wild Bill wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:48 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:43 pm Again, do you have any Ukrainian friends? What do they think?
No, I have not any Ukrainian friends.
Do you have Syrian or Lybian friends?
Yes to both, students at the school here. Neither thought much Gaddafi or Assad. The Syrian in particular had to escape the genocide.
Don’t believe everything you think.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:22 pm It's weird watching Glenn Greenwald and Edward Snowden (who mocked international fears of invasion) so obviously shill for Russia at this point. When Citizen Four came out and the IC community was accusing these two of being Russian shills, I thought they were obviously lying about them. I can't tell if they changed or if the IC people were right all along.
Snowden went to Russia. What more do you need to know?

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

nafod wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:38 pm
Wild Bill wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:48 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:43 pm Again, do you have any Ukrainian friends? What do they think?
No, I have not any Ukrainian friends.
Do you have Syrian or Lybian friends?
Yes to both, students at the school here. Neither thought much Gaddafi or Assad. The Syrian in particular had to escape the genocide.
Liar :)
I ment those who leave in Syria or Lybia.
Not those who live in USA :))
Such ukrainians who live in Russia and support Putin are millions :)

My own surname ends with o, so maybe I am ukrainian myself.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

And stop this nonsense, I didn't gave these orders.
I was sure invasion is fake, and I told so already many pages.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

I personally thought just recognizing independense would be great idea.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Wild Bill wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:40 pm I personally thought just recognizing independense would be great idea.
Whatever, it's not your job to defend Putin's decisions. My only hope is that our country stays out of it.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

motherjuggs&speed

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:44 pm
Wild Bill wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:40 pm I personally thought just recognizing independense would be great idea.
Whatever, it's not your job to defend Putin's decisions.
Yes, it is. It literally is his job. Who knows how many other places he's on, posting Russian propaganda.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

On the"we did it because NATO was going to attack us" line of thinking, NATO should attack from the NATO Baltic countries that actually border Russia while most of Russia's fighting power is busy invading a non-NATO country, am I right?

Except that Russia has nukes, and NATO would never invade for that reason alone.

Stay safe, WB

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Absolutely disgusted by the world-historic incompetence of the neoliberals being revealed.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

An entire generation of US Mil High Command and State Dept leaders just said fuck the global order I'm after that sweet cash out post career. They just let it all go.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Just so everyone is clear where we are. Putin spent decades slowly and carefully converting RUS into a nation capable of opposing the US world order and we completely failed to stop him. And now he is putting us to the test.

He knows what SWIFT is. He knows what sanctions are.

An absolute total disaster at this point.

motherjuggs&speed

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:32 pm An entire generation of US Mil High Command and State Dept leaders just said fuck the global order I'm after that sweet cash out post career. They just let it all go.
Obama destroyed the culture of the military by purging people for being insufficiently sensitive to the neolib agenda. Trump destroyed the State Department. Can you blame people for saying the hell with it, when they see that the way forward in Washington is the revolving door?

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:47 pm
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:32 pm An entire generation of US Mil High Command and State Dept leaders just said fuck the global order I'm after that sweet cash out post career. They just let it all go.
Obama destroyed the culture of the military by purging people for being insufficiently sensitive to the neolib agenda. Trump destroyed the State Department. Can you blame people for saying the hell with it, when they see that the way forward in Washington is the revolving door?
The entire neoliberal (which includes neocons obv) project was pursued by both parties since Bush I.

motherjuggs&speed

Well, if we take the Progressive movement as the start, we could say it began with Teddy Roosevelt. But there was a time not that long ago when career government employees thought, with justification, that if they did the right things they would be taken care of. Now people know that you might as well get on the gravy train since you might get purged anyway.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

The ones not on the gravy train got purged. Bush I was the point where they completed Institutional control.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Well SWIFT is off the table already.

Putin prob pissed they left him in.

motherjuggs&speed

Let's talk about something important: Where can I put a bet down? Looking for over/under on the body count but I'll take props if I see a line I like.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I just got off a zoom with a guy whose mother in law lives in St Petersburg and brother in law lives in Odessa. Not a lot of talk about work on the call.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

A few thoughts...

1. This has been in planning since 2014 at least.

2. Trump was Putin's preferred candidate because he calculated that Trump would offer less opposition to the re-absorption of Ukraine.

3. This is Obama's fault and, stated more broadly, the fault of the Democratic Party, which has behaved like drunken lunatics in foreign policy since the early 1990s, and more recently agitating for anti-Russian paranoia which has

4. This invasion has been underwritten by China, who will be Russia's economic partner, helping it to weather the storm of economic hardship to follow the current strife.

5. You are witnessing Russia at a tipping point: it will either become the 3rd global power--extremely unlikely, but possible--or it will become a client state to China, good for white women and raw materials.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

Attachments
1645737309973.jpg
1645737309973.jpg (318.97 KiB) Viewed 835 times

motherjuggs&speed

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:03 pm
3. This is Obama's fault and, stated more broadly, the fault of the Democratic Party, which has behaved like drunken lunatics in foreign policy since the early 1990s, and more recently agitating for anti-Russian paranoia which has
In geopolitics the Dems have been consistent in emitting incendiary rhetoric without any credible action or threat of action. The Reps have been awful also -- evil empire, axis of evil, etc.. One could almost draw the conclusion that they're trying to incite military action.

I like Michael Weiss's line -- it's hard to tell where paranoid conspiracy theories end and actual U.S. policy begins.