No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Amen and god bless this banty rooster of a hillbilly

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

You can turn on English subtitles under settings:
https://youtu.be/oS8ktqe5LEY?t=617

This guy is going to be lucky to not catch a bullet when he gets home. Pretty brave.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Luke

Post by Luke »

LOL Arnold gives a peace speech before announcing Oleksii Novikov has to go back to fight for Ukraine and the Russian competitor walks away.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Screenshot_20220307-130436_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20220307-130436_Brave.jpg (146.31 KiB) Viewed 1851 times

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

>Jesus, Ukraine just killed Gen. Maj. Vitaly Gerassimov, chief of staff of the 41 Army. At Kharkiv.
>Russia, if you're listening: delete your army.
>(not to be confused with Gen. Valery Gerassimov, of the often misconstrued Gerassimov Doctrine)
>Claimed by Ukrainian military intelligence. Confirmed a Russian source,
>This is not the worst part. In the phone call in which the FSB officer assigned to the 41st Army reports the death to his boss in Tula, he says they've lost all secure communications. Thus the phone call using a local sim card. Thus the intercept.
>His boss, who makes a looong pause when he hears the news of Gerassimov's death (before swearing), is Dmitry Shevchenko, a senior FSB officer from Tula. We identified him by searching for his phone (published by Ukrainian military Intel) in open source lookup apps.
>In the call, you hear the Ukraine-based FSB officer ask his boss if he can talk via the secure Era system. The boss says Era is not working.
>Era is a super expensive cryptophone system that @mod_russia introduced in 2021 with great fanfare. It guaranteed work "in all conditions"
>The idiots tried to use the Era cryptophones in Kharkiv, after destroying many 3g cell towers and also replacing others with stingrays. Era needs 3g/4g to communicate.
>The Russian army is equipped with secure phones that can't work in areas where the Russian army operates.

You can hear the recorded conversation here: https://gur.gov.ua/content/pid-kharkovo ... armii.html

Putinbros, I don't think the 15 day special military operation is working out. Despite being double vaxx'd and boosted, I don't feel good about what I'm seeing. I think this is gonna be a loooong slow fuck to the bottom.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:11 am You can turn on English subtitles under settings:

This guy is going to be lucky to not catch a bullet when he gets home. Pretty brave.
The auto subtitles almost gave me cancer. For the more delicate, use this link to see the translated interview:

It's very *interesting*.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

It's *very much a war crime*.

But so is putting artillery in civilian areas.

I'm the only one who sees we've been through two War on Terrors in the last 3 yrs.

Once again I'll have to watch the murderous stupidity unfold. And self-satisfied people put the boot in joyfully because they are safe and far from the battle. Utterly disgusted once again.

Iran now has its deal as well. VZ prob next. The US Empire's enemies are all pretexts for money transfers from citizens to the 0.01%.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:55 am
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:11 am You can turn on English subtitles under settings:

The auto subtitles almost gave me cancer. For the more delicate, use this link to see the translated interview:

It's very *interesting*.
I've seen a few people mention that putting that Russian officer on television is a violation of the Geneva Convention, but it seems that's pretty much been thrown out the window.

One thing I'm kind of fixated on is the Germans deciding that they should gun up. Also, the Japanese are pissed about the Russians incurring on the Kuril Islands, which the Japanese claim as their sovereign territory.

This thing feels like it's about to get extremely dangerous for a lot more than Russian conscripts and Ukrainians.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Vicky Nuland was asked by Marco Rubio if Ukraine has chemical or biological weapons. Nuland talked about biological research facilities in Ukraine, in the context of being asked about biological weapons.

She gives testimony before a US Senate panel. About a minute long video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYApPRCd5-M

Is this about commercial research? Why would Nuland mention it when asked about Ukrainian biological weapons?

If it's military research why is it the business of a US State Department Official and a US Senator? Are we Americans paying for it?
Don't like yourself too much.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Ah ok. So US just used RUS who are "literal Nazis" and "trying to reconstruct the USSR" and is now the most sanctioned nation to broker a massive deal with Iran which used to be the most sanctioned nation?

Why does damn near every photo of UKR freedom fighters have them wearing Black Sun Sonnenrads?

And there's this guy Kholomoisky who is a billionaire who has 3 citizenships and funds some group called Azov who say they are Neo-Nazis and he's jewish and bought a bunch of steel mills in W PA and then closed them down?

Do I have this right?

Luke

Post by Luke »

From logistics, to fighting skill, to the over-the-counter GPS systems and encrypted systems that don't work - I'm seeing military folk alarmed at the incompetence of Russia and starting to suggest the US broadly revise their assessment of them as a fighting force.

What say you? Do you think we've all been unnecessarily worried for years? Reports China is unsettled and slightly turned off by them now too.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

It's not the conventional fighting force, but the incredible nuclear arsenal they possess.

Assuming it's operational.
- Buck Brannaman

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

sleep deprived tangent deleted
Last edited by motherjuggs&speed on Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

motherjuggs&speed

The concept security theater applies here. Think about all the offenses to human dignity and freedom people subject themselves to at the airport. We've all seen the lack of controls on airport personnel; anyone who works there can get whatever he wants in there. The TSA is there for several reasons -- preventing hijackings isn't one of them.

In the movie* Command and Control there was a depiction of the elaborate security measures at a missile site: no lone zone, blast door, one time only codes that you had to burn, etc. -- it was like kids playing spy. When the mishap occurred and crews had to go in, they used the back stairs.

How does this relate to Ukraine? Riddle me this: How many people in government or media cared about China's many aggressive and illegal acts? People care about what they're told to care about, when they're told to care about it. People are posturing regarding Russia. For reasons of their own. In most cases it's because the cool kids are doing it this week and they don't want to be left out.

*We should say movie when we're referring to a documentary film, since most of them are as fictitious as feature films.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Luke wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:11 pm From logistics, to fighting skill, to the over-the-counter GPS systems and encrypted systems that don't work - I'm seeing military folk alarmed at the incompetence of Russia and starting to suggest the US broadly revise their assessment of them as a fighting force.

What say you? Do you think we've all been unnecessarily worried for years? Reports China is unsettled and slightly turned off by them now too.
I don't think we can know what is happening on the ground right now. Both sides are obv engaged in propaganda.

I think we can say with at least some confidence that Western analysts expected UKR to fall within 72hrs. And they are trying to figure out why that didn't happen. There are many possible reasons for this. RUS underperformance is certainly one. And it may be the case. But it may not be. RUS goals are not clear (re-creating the USSR is facially preposterous) so evaluating strategy and tactics is a fools errand.

But these were the same ppl who messed up Af-stan. And I don't think RUS having done worse against UKR than the Taliban did against the US obviously calls for downgrading RUS capability vs US.

I'll just point out that in urban combat (streetfighting and house clearing) in Iraq the US suffered a 1:1 ratio of KIA.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:35 pm I think we can say with at least some confidence that Western analysts expected UKR to fall within 72hrs. And they are trying to figure out why that didn't happen. There are many possible reasons for this. RUS underperformance is certainly one. And it may be the case. But it may not be. RUS goals are not clear (re-creating the USSR is facially preposterous) so evaluating strategy and tactics is a fools errand.
What could be the rationale for not being able to take the country thus far though?

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

"China has urged the US to make full clarification of its biological militarization activities at home and abroad and accept multilateral inspections, said the Chinese Foreign Ministry on Tuesday, following media reports that revealed a network of about 30 biological laboratories were formed in Ukraine at the request of the US."

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202203/1254330.shtml

Joe Biden was Obama's Ukraine action officer. What did he know and when did he know it?
Don't like yourself too much.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Luke wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:51 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:35 pm I think we can say with at least some confidence that Western analysts expected UKR to fall within 72hrs. And they are trying to figure out why that didn't happen. There are many possible reasons for this. RUS underperformance is certainly one. And it may be the case. But it may not be. RUS goals are not clear (re-creating the USSR is facially preposterous) so evaluating strategy and tactics is a fools errand.
What could be the rationale for not being able to take the country thus far though?
Why are you assuming the CW of US Intel analysts (as disseminated by Intel assets in the media) was correct or that they are competent?

Have you seen a map of UKR super-imposed over the US?

Do you know how much mil hardware and training the US gave UKR?

Are you aware of how much money is at stake for Western Oligarchs?

Are you sure Putin isn't trying to achieve control over natural resources required by The West? Maybe he needs political and industrial infrastructure intact?

I'm not saying these are the actual reasons. It may be something else entirely. I'm saying Western Intel failed once again.

Fuck, it's also possible that US Intel disseminated the 72hr meme despite knowing it was BS.

Fwiw (zero), I think Obama and Biden have been sidelined and think this is all insane. Trump obv thinks this is insane too. The faction pushing this is HRC and Bush faction(s). The usual suspects are frothing at the mouth.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:20 pm
Luke wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:51 am
Why are you assuming the CW of US Intel analysts (as disseminated by Intel assets in the media) was correct or that they are competent?

Have you seen a map of UKR super-imposed over the US?

Do you know how much mil hardware and training the US gave UKR?

Are you aware of how much money is at stake for Western Oligarchs?

Are you sure Putin isn't trying to achieve control over natural resources required by The West? Maybe he needs political and industrial infrastructure intact?

I'm not saying these are the actual reasons. It may be something else entirely. I'm saying Western Intel failed once again.

Fuck, it's also possible that US Intel disseminated the 72hr meme despite knowing it was BS.

Fwiw (zero), I think Obama and Biden have been sidelined and think this is all insane. Trump obv thinks this is insane too. The faction pushing this is HRC and Bush faction(s). The usual suspects are frothing at the mouth.
No on all counts - I don't know what and who to believe anymore...about anything ha!

But regardless of motives, if you start an invasion - why would your strategy be to hang back and take heavy losses? I mean, whatever Putin wants to do, he'd be better able to do it if he has complete control of the areas he wants?

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I've seen a couple of reasons for the invasion, from the "de-Nazification" of the Ukrainian government that we kept hearing about, to Ukraine having never really being an independent nation in the 20th to 21st century sense of the word and always a part of Russia, to a schism within the Russian Orthodox Church because the Ukrainian clerics are no longer loyal to Patriarch Kirill.

Putin is obviously devoutly religious now after a lifetime of being a godless Soviet communist and this must be the reason. Certainly Putin, a man of God, is seeking to heal the Church and also stick it to the West for having gay pride parades.

I'm fine with doing away with gay pride parades and all that bullshit, but I kinda don't think this is the reason.

If I had to put money on it, I'd think it's a combination of seeking to see the Russian Empire reunified (primarily Ukraine back with Russia, that whole Kievan Rus' thing), along with energy politics, but I dunno.
- Buck Brannaman

motherjuggs&speed

Maybe Putin simply wants to raise the price of oil. Who knows? I sure don't. The more I read about any geopolitical event the more the story changes, so I'm not inclined to even guess at this point.

I have a set of DVDs on the Vietnam war, and every doc I watch refutes many of the claims and assumptions of the previous one. I assume that this would be true of almost any event.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I just listened to an interview with a guy who was very reasonable and he noted that energy makes up a gigantic portion of the Russian economy. They rank in the top 10, and usually in the top 5 for coal, natural gas production and exports, oil, shale oil etc.

I know that he's pretty happy when oil's over $100/barrel, but when it goes down significantly, it fucks with his game.

Nord Stream 2 is supposed to bypass Ukraine and more or less take them out of the energy markets in Europe, isn't it? Maybe he sees an opportunity to install a pro-Russian government back into Ukraine and then siphon the proceeds to he and his cronies in Russia.

Or he's just convinced himself he's a modern day conqueror and thinks he's on a mission from God.

His pretext for war might be flimsier than the justification for our invasion of Iraq was.
- Buck Brannaman

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:08 am Maybe Putin simply wants...
Or maybe because the United States pumped up Ukraine with weapons and did not give guarantees that Ukraine would not join NATO?
Maybe because the United States stuffed Ukraine with laboratories for the development of biological weapons?
Maybe because Zelensky said he would start developing nuclear weapons with US support?

No, it can't be :)
Of course, Putin is a crazy conqueror.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

And speaking of oil prices.
I heard the import of Russian oil into the US is only 3 percent of all oil imports.

How could a three percent oil import ban have had such an impact on prices?