Mar a Largo Search

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Wondering what you are thinking about this. Preliminary thoughts:

1. Weird that all the surrogates went to "maybe the FBI planted evidence" in immediate unison.

2. Other western nations have had ex-heads of state convicted of crimes.

3. GOP is really rallying around Trump without knowing what the facts may be.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Luke

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Luke »

Don't know too much about it, but my immediate, no facts thought was that it was some ranking spook with a vendetta or wanting to prove a point.

Ronald RayGun

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Alls I know is this season of America is gonna be a great watch.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:03 am Weird that all the surrogates went to "maybe the FBI planted evidence" in immediate unison.
They had to go somewhere, and there was nowhere else to go, given the fact that there were classified documents in Mar ALago.
Don’t believe everything you think.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Trump can release the warrant, and a list of what was found. He has both.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Breitbart with the scoop.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

LOL

Ronald RayGun

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Pete strikes again!
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

The docs were planted/It’s ok I declassified them.

JFC his followers will gobble down any lie.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Gene »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:03 am Wondering what you are thinking about this. Preliminary thoughts:

1. Weird that all the surrogates went to "maybe the FBI planted evidence" in immediate unison.

2. Other western nations have had ex-heads of state convicted of crimes.

3. GOP is really rallying around Trump without knowing what the facts may be.
AG Garland correctly refused to comment in any detail. Biden didn't seem to know, and probably didn't need to know. He's not King of America. The FBI should not comment on ongoing investigations.

Allegedly an "informant" working for Trump told the FBI that documents existed. I think Trump put the informant up to it for political reasons or barring that, bragged about it and let them see "a document".

Trump is a very manipulative person.

"Two senior government officials, who requested to stay anonymous but had information about the search, told Newsweek that one individual guided authorities to documents at Mar-a-Lago and that the raid was set to occur when Trump was out of town to avoid a galvanizing photo-op."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mar-a-la ... 6eaee812ff

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:03 am Other western nations have had ex-heads of state convicted of crimes.
The more that Trump is abused, the more that his supporters believe that the "Swamp is misbehaving".

The worst thing to do to Trump would be to ignore him. He is as big or small as his "enemies".
Don't like yourself too much.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:03 am The more that Trump is abused…
They’ve been way too kind to him, being patient while this TS/SCI docs sit there unguarded. I’d be extraordinarily surprised if they hadn’t been exploited. Foreign intelligence don’t need a warrant to go looking.

I haveaTS/SCI clearance. SCI is a kind of clearance, where it is compartmented, and you need to be “read in” to that compartment. But the compartments themselves range from info about space satellites (one compartment) to names of spies in our service (WAY the hell more sensitive compartment) They should name the compartments that were compromised. The names are not classified.

If deemed unclassified by Trumps standing order (what bullshit) then a FOIA request will let us all read them.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:42 pm Trump is a very manipulative person.
World class

motherjuggs&speed

Mar a Largo Search

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

nafod wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:28 am SCI is a kind of clearance, where it is compartmented, and you need to be “read in” to that compartment.
What is that process like?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:01 pm
nafod wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:28 am SCI is a kind of clearance, where it is compartmented, and you need to be “read in” to that compartment.
You sit with a security officer and sign a nondisclosure agreement promising not to divulge what you are about to learn, upon criminal penalty. Then you get briefed on the compartment, what the boundaries are of the info.

When you get “read out” you sign another form confirming you no longer have access, and also confirming you can no longer discuss it with anyone, including those still read in.

We had to transport SCI material on an Air Force plane, which overnighted at a base in Europe enroute to our final destination. Normally you would check the materials into a Scif, but there wasn’t one available, so we had a team of two sleep on the airplane, one awake always, to maintain positive continuous custody. The idea of similar material sitting in a room at MAL blows my mind.

motherjuggs&speed

Mar a Largo Search

Interesting, thanks. What is the tone like when you do that process? Is it like another day at the office, or is it ever more dramatic like in the movies?

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Turdacious »

Uh, the rules for clearances are different for career v. politically appointed/elected officials. Maybe they shouldn't be, but they are.

And this thing is just getting started. https://www.lawfareblog.com/thoughts-mar-lago-search
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Turdacious wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:42 pm Uh, the rules for clearances are different for career v. politically appointed/elected officials. Maybe they shouldn't be, but they are.
No, it makes sense. The people grant them access to the secrets with their vote, so elected officials don’t hold aClearance. They also lose that access when they leave the job if special provisions aren’t taken for them to keep it, but I think they have to hold a formal clearance at that point.

Everybody loves secrets, so a read-in has a bit of an air of entering the circle of trust, but procedurally it’s like filling out a job app at McDonald’s. No chorus of angels.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

This is a weird one. They aren't releasing the affidavit because it compromises informants and the Top Secret material itself just by mentioning what it is, according to the FBI, however, the FBI's affidavit about the Witmer "kidnapping plot" they, themselves, fostered, really sounded like something was going on.

This is what happens when an organization plays sloppy..the FBI, the CDC, is there any federal org that hasn't compromised themselves recently?

Teflon Don though.

motherjuggs&speed

Mar a Largo Search

Since when is a search negotiated for months? Here's a wacky idea: Trump's an FBI asset. They decide to do a raid, knowing how he'll spin it, so he'll get elected again, so they can have their guy in the White House. Or maybe Biden wants to go after him but the FBI doesn't trust him enough to tell him about DT's status so they give DT enough notice so he can get rid of anything really bad, but DT is so used to getting away with everything that he leaves stuff there on purpose, like the witness protection guys who kept committing crimes.

There was never a golden age of honesty in government, but the fecklessness, carelessness, and just plain disregard for the office that permeates Washington seems to be getting worse at an alarming rate. Add that to the authoritarianism, corruption, and [redacted by the Disinformation Governance Board], and we're a banana republic.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Gene »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:01 pm
nafod wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:29 am
Gene wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:42 pm Trump is a very manipulative person.
World class
So why do you take this Search and Seizure at face value? Thanks to decades of Progressive politics Trump had dictatorial powers over Executive decisions like document classification. Executive Orders or EOs.

EOs gave Joe Biden the power to make any employee who has 99 or more colleagues get the Jab or be fired. EOs empowered FDR to put 107,000 native born Americans of Japanese ancestry into detention camps (EO 9066).

Was Trump's "reclassification" of documents such a big deal compared to forcing jabs onto people or forcing native born Americans into camps because of their ethnicity? I don't think so.

I'm suspicious that Trump played the FBI in order to get "his" candidates through primaries this month. I think that the FBI was being careful. FBI agents remember Peter Strzok being humiliated before Congress, his affair with Lisa Page being flouted, his foolish texts about "stopping this guy from being elected" going out into the news. FBI agents don't want to be the next Strzok.

The FBI probably crossed the Ts and dotted the Is.... but, how do we put it in industry, Nafod? Garbage In (compromised confidential informant), Garbage Out (bullshit search and seizure).

I think Trump played the FBI. Since he didn't lie to an FBI agent, he's not going to be another Scooter Libby.

Is lying to a confidential informant a crime, Nafod? Is head faking a CI a crime? Bet not.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Turdacious »

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:03 am Search and Seizure
An interesting point, it’s not a seizure when you are getting your own stuff back, and all classified information is government property.

He refused to return it, for whatever Trumpian reason, and they retrieved it after trying to be nice for 18 months. Don’t overcomplicate it.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:45 am
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:03 am Search and Seizure
An interesting point, it’s not a seizure when you are getting your own stuff back, and all classified information is government property.

He refused to return it, for whatever Trumpian reason, and they retrieved it after trying to be nice for 18 months. Don’t overcomplicate it.
Unless one of us has a JD, a license to practice law, Federal level case experience and specific experience with classified documents in Court cases, we are just amateurs, yes?

I have been content to wait to see what the FBI actually took from Trump. I still believe that Trump is playing the FBI.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Day-yum

I’ve never seen docs like these outside of a SCIF. If I had them at home, I would be so f u c k e d. So very, very screwed.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

But... her... emails?