Alexa ... Amazon Echo

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Alexa ... Amazon Echo

Post by seeahill »

I like it. A small speaker that is voice activated. Say "Alexa." You see a light on top of the cylindrical device ($180). Tell it to play your favorite music. (If you have Amazon Music Unlimited $7.95/mo or Spotify $9.95/mo) and it plays it quick. Pretty good sound. Fills a medium sized room.

Tell Alexa to put something on your calendar or put stuff on your shopping list or to do list. She does it.

So you go to the grocery store. Open the Alexa app on your phone. All that stuff is there. But not in the cloud, which is often hard to get in the depths of a big store. it's on your phone.

You get Tune-in radio with it (free). I listened to the Cubs game on it. The Packers game.

Got speakers? Amazon Dot ($50), a hockey puck sized thing will do the same stuff. Just connect to your speakers by Bluetooth or it can be wired into the aux. It hears your voice, does the same shit but plays music or podcasts through your speakers.

Both devices work well. Recommended.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Alexa ... Amazon Echo

Post by buckethead »

Does it laugh at your micro penis?

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

My tweener nieces love theirs.
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Is it depressed and already trying to set the cabin it lives in on fire?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule