Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

This is his new series on CNN. I just saw his episode on Libya. Riveting.

And I learned more than what I saw in every previous newscast or read in any article.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Re: Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown

Post by Holland Oates »

It's good. It's just like A Cook's Tour and No Reservations but with a little tighter show.

snatch grip
Gunny

Post by snatch grip »

I'm not digging the whole political/news angle just yet. I kind of liked it when it was just a show about travelling and eating. But next up is Peru which could be cool.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

I liked Bourdain's The Layover. Basically, he has 24 hours to cram in lots of food & drink...revealing some cool dive bars in Seattle, New Orleans, etc. He does get shit-faced. What a job.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

I like the show. As a huge fan of No Reservations, I loved this Libya episode, and liked the Koreatown one - mostly for the Korean people he met and not the food or going to Sizzler, and didn't really care for Tangiers episode . I like that him being with CNN has given more access to other politically charged places of the world. Not sure if he has the same crew, but the feel of the show is different, so I presume not. At the end of No Reservations, his crew and editors had that show down to a smooth (sometime) masterpiece.

Agree about the Layover as well. He went to a lot of really cool joints in SF (including my one-time local bar) and definitely was completely trashed at the end. The Paris one was good too - I recognized lots of the places he went as well.