Batman-Superman mashup

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Batman-Superman mashup

Post by Protobuilder »

It's not out for another few years but I want to call how bad it sucked far in advance.

WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Cayenne

Re: Batman-Superman mashup

Post by Cayenne »

Assuming this refers to selection of BA as the Caped Crusader. If I'm right, way to get an early start Terry B. =D>

Don't wanna be a hater, but I had an immediate negative reaction to the Aflack (intentional misspelling,) news. I think he can physically look the part but there is something about the "baggage" he brings from other roles that, well, as stated above, gives me that, "he's not right for the part" reaction.

I was going to swim laps at my local rec center this morning and the check-in/entrance area has a big TV that had on the news reporting this story. I told the lady that checks ID, too bad they chose this guy, that he might be decent, but not for this role. (I thought Bale was excellent, btw.) She said she likes BA. So, maybe it's a guy vs. chick thing? (Did focus groups find guys would tolerate him and chicks like him? Certainly is a multi-million dollar gamble.) Admittedly, my sample size is minuscule, (i.e., me and this lady.)

I like when they go with (relative) unknowns, like they did w/ Man of Steel. ( On the other hand, this reminds me of what a great job I think Robert Downy, obviously not an unknown, does as Iron Man, similar to Batman w/ regard to the "playboy" billionaire super hero, etc.) I hope they play it (there's been discussion on IGX in this regard,) as Batman being a deeply troubled, sick F'er, who keeps it together enough to put his considerable energies and resources into mercilessly crushing bad dudes, while playing the "I am a spoiled creep, crashing Lamborghinis (sp?) hanging out w/ multiple models, falling asleep at board meetings, etc." persona.

Topic author
Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Indeed. Agree on all counts, especially the value of having an unknown in the lead role. I read several months ago that they wanted a 'big name' for the role and either Carrot Top or David Spade would have been worse.

I haven't heard a single person say that they think it's a good idea. However, the people who selected him do this for a living and probably will have $200m+ invested in the film so perhaps they know something that we don't. It probably is safe to guess that he tested well with female audiences and they are going for getting women to purchase tickets, gambling that guys will see it either way. Of course, Michael Keaton and Heath Ledger were rather unlikely selections and both turned out fairly well.

If they want to nail it, give the guys that did this $150m and the support of professional special effects people and see what happens.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nCcdec8WdM[/youtube]
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I liked daredevil
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

I want to see Absorbing Man in a movie. Crusher Creel.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Topic author
Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Protobuilder is going to like the new Batman.

vern

Post by vern »

The closer they stick to Frank Miller, the better it will be.
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."