Beast Tamer by Andrew Read and Power Wheel by Jon Hinds

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Beast Tamer by Andrew Read and Power Wheel by Jon Hinds

Post by TomFurman »

I'll be doing a longer review on my page,.. I'm behind in writing projects, but I liked the Beast Tamer book. He's the real deal and uses lots of resources as tools in his tool box.
Using a 106 lb kettlebell for the pullup, pistol and press is not everyone's cup of tea, but some of the methods he and others used to get there are just a few more chunks of conditioning knowledge.
What I liked is that there are no smoke and mirrors [forget about DD marketing.. it's obviously Dan Kennedy on 'roids], but Andrew is kind of like Dragnet... just the facts. Plenty of training templates and drills too.
----------------------
A Power Wheel by Jon Hinds is no new thing. He's marketing them through Dick's Sporting Goods along with his other inventions. I think Jon is completely overlooked as an incredible fitness coach who walks his talk.
Attaching the wheel to the feet and trying the drills is a blast. The Leg Curl/Hip Extension seems to activate the hammies very, very, well. I'd imagine this being a good tool for squatters with a weakness there, not to mention the therapeutic aspects.

The bigger wheel and quality make all the drills lots of fun. I'm looking forward to playing with this.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I was at Dicks a few years ago and the Power Wheel was priced at $29.99. I went back the next day, $59.99

Missed it.

Cayenne

Re:

Post by Cayenne »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:I was at Dicks a few years ago and the Power Wheel was priced at $29.99. I went back the next day, $59.99

Missed it.

I went on CraigsList looking for a PowerWheel. There was a phone number to call and when I reached the guy he told me he had a brand new one that he just wanted to give away to someone that would use it. When he told me where he lived, about a 2 hour drive each way, I said no thanks, as I knew I was not going to have the four hours for that errand. He asked me where I live and when I told him, he asked me to hold on. When he came back on the line he told me that his sister in law, who works at a college about 1 mile from my home, was visiting him and that she would bring it to work with her for me to pick up about 3 days later. Sometimes things just work out.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Beast Tamer by Andrew Read and Power Wheel by Jon Hinds

Post by DARTH »

TomFurman wrote: ----------------------
A Power Wheel by Jon Hinds is no new thing. He's marketing them through Dick's Sporting Goods along with his other inventions. I think Jon is completely overlooked as an incredible fitness coach who walks his talk.
Attaching the wheel to the feet and trying the drills is a blast. The Leg Curl/Hip Extension seems to activate the hammies very, very, well. I'd imagine this being a good tool for squatters with a weakness there, not to mention the therapeutic aspects.

The bigger wheel and quality make all the drills lots of fun. I'm looking forward to playing with this.

This! I learned a lot when at Jon's place and his CNT NT is the cert I am proudest of acquiring. It's been great for clients and when the hernia was at it's worse, a Godsend whereas KBs did not play well with the condition.

Plus, for me, his gym is the coolest hands down.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy