Beer!!!

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Beer!!!

Post by Batboy2/75 »

I brew it, I buy it, and I drink mass quantities of it.

Some recent good store beers I've been drinking:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale: awesome hot weather beer. Not an IPA, but damn!, what a fine hop taste. I just blasted through a case of this stuff on Memorial day weekend.

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat: The cherry flavor is in the background, but still there. I'm usually not a fan of fruit beers, but this one is great. I couldn't stop with just one 22 oz glass, I had to have 5-7 more glasses. I also was drinking straight shots of jack, so my exact number of beers is hazy. Ended up out in the parking lot duke'n it out with the locals like it was 1994 all over again. BTW- Ippon Seoinage is a great throw; especially when your opponent uses his face a a break pad. Felt great, until the next morning when I realized I fucked up my left shoulder. BTW- who knew wearing Tapout /Sinister T-shits, wearing your hat sideways, and watching TUF don't correlate into street fighting bad ass. Too bad, at least a young punk in Ontario CA knows the truth now.

RedHook Long Hammer- Nice taste. I seems every fucktard micro brewery is making an IPA. They should realize that the key to a good IPA isn't just dumping a shit load hops into the mix. RedHook hit this one out of the park.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Re: Beer!!!

Post by ___________ »

You fucked up a TUF noob?

Fuckin' a, good by you!

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

MarcoFP wrote:You fucked up a TUF noob?

Fuckin' a, good by you!
What can I say, I'm having my midlife crisis early.

JMO-if you tell an entire bar your a MMA machine, drive a lifted F250 w/ a Gigantic Tapout logo on the rear windshield, & like to play the bully; MAYBE, JUST MAYBE you should have actually spent some time training at a gym or dojo.

IT must really ruin your cred when the mid 30's salesman wearing a suit and Bostonians, whips your ass in front of your home boys and girlfriends in a TGFriday's parking lot.

Fucked up a perfectly good pair of slacks too! Oh well, as the say, "only the farmers won"
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

LMAO.

I saw something similar. MMA youngster with Affliction t-shirt got fucked up by an older shop rat/biker type who just happened to train a lot of MMA stuff too.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

That's some good shit right there Bats! Nice going!

I like Red Hook as well. A good beer.

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Mickey O'neil wrote:That's some good shit right there Bats! Nice going!

I like Red Hook as well. A good beer.
The only bad thing about Red Hook is their ESB is actually too sweet for my tastes now. Back in the 1990's that was my beer of choice; along with Alaskan amber and oatmeal stouts. Recently, it's been nothing but India pale Ales, porters, and Marzen (Oktoberfest) style beers.

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Shaf wrote:LMAO.

I saw something similar. MMA youngster with Affliction t-shirt got fucked up by an older shop rat/biker type who just happened to train a lot of MMA stuff too.
Sounds badass, except for the fact that woke up the next day feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. Fifteen years ago I would have been up and early doing PT feeling AOK.

I'm also lucky the local PD had better things to do that night. Plus, the fact the kid and his crew were too embarrassed to call the cops.

knuckles
Gunny

Post by knuckles »

I have just recently given up drinking alcohol of anykind, but ,the last beers I had were from a brewery in cali..The Lost Abbey.some of the best Ive ever had.

The club I work at had a sort of opposite ocuurence..we had a bonafide mma tough guy.shattered a glass across the face of one of our guys.gave another 12 stitches..took six dudes to bring him down ,oh another guy broke his foot useing the dudes head for soccor practice,then the cops had to tase him 4 times before they got him in the car...tough guy.never know wich one your gonna get.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I'm headed to a fish fry this weekend and wanting a beer to drink on. A six pack or less. I'm thinking of that Pale Ale Bats was talking about. Any other suggestions?

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

It's hard to go wrong with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Harpoon IPA is awesome, as is Sam Adams Boston Ale (not the Boston Lager that's in most bars, though that is very good, too, of quorse). There's a ton of good local brews over your way. Cottonwood in Boone and Catawba Valley, French Broad, & Highland in Asheville. Very good pale ales and IPAs. You ought to be able to pick them up in stores, I'd think.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Thanks stosh. I think I'll try that Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I usually drink Bud Light just hanging out at the house or when partying in mass quantities but when I want to chill I like to pick up something of higher quality. I am a big fan of Red Stripe which is usually my go to "quality" beer. IMO of course.

Thanks again!

Hank Scorpio
A Mean Caucasian

Post by Hank Scorpio »

We need an alcohol forum. We have at least a dozen beer threads in this forum alone.

You have no chance to survive make your time.
Ha Ha Ha Ha ....

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

steamboatwillie wrote:We need an alcohol forum. We have at least a dozen beer threads in this forum alone.
Good idea.

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Mickey O'neil wrote:Thanks stosh. I think I'll try that Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I usually drink Bud Light just hanging out at the house or when partying in mass quantities but when I want to chill I like to pick up something of higher quality. I am a big fan of Red Stripe which is usually my go to "quality" beer. IMO of course.

Thanks again!
I hope you're kidding. I'm all for trying any beer, especially regional and world beers, but IMO there isn't anything special about Red Stripe. However, it's better than drinking the piss water made by AB, Miller, and Coors.

If your beer is made with rice or corn fillers, it's not beer. Beer should be made with malted barley and sometimes malted wheat. If your beer needs lemon and salt, AKA Mexican piss (Corona), then it's not fucking beer. BTW- even the Mexicans don't drink Corona. Try a Tecate or Dos Equis; both are passable beers.

judobrian

Post by judobrian »

Negro Modelo is not bad for mexican beer
Rain don't change the sun...

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Bats, try and find Dick's Best Bitter the next time you're in the NW. One of the perfect summer beers IMO.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Hank Scorpio
A Mean Caucasian

Post by Hank Scorpio »

Batboy2/75 wrote:
Mickey O'neil wrote:Thanks stosh. I think I'll try that Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I usually drink Bud Light just hanging out at the house or when partying in mass quantities but when I want to chill I like to pick up something of higher quality. I am a big fan of Red Stripe which is usually my go to "quality" beer. IMO of course.

Thanks again!
I hope you're kidding. I'm all for trying any beer, especially regional and world beers, but IMO there isn't anything special about Red Stripe. However, it's better than drinking the piss water made by AB, Miller, and Coors.

If your beer is made with rice or corn fillers, it's not beer. Beer should be made with malted barley and sometimes malted wheat. If your beer needs lemon and salt, AKA Mexican piss (Corona), then it's not fucking beer. BTW- even the Mexicans don't drink Corona. Try a Tecate or Dos Equis; both are passable beers.

Mickster pwned by the beer man in Ranger panties. Bats is right, of coarse. Corn and rice adjuncts make for a pisswater beer.

Mick, you're in CH; just go over to Top of the Hill next time and get a couple growlers. They've made some good shit as I recall.

Ha Ha Ha Ha ....

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I like Dos Equis and Negro Modelos as far as Mexican beer goes.

Willie-
They recently built a Carolina Brewery near my house and I went by there Sat. night. Had a few Carolina Blondes and an India Pale Ale. The Blondes were pretty tasty but the IPA was a little bitter for my tastes. Gives a good buzz though. Before that we went out to eat and I had a couple of Blue Moons. Enjoyed those quite a bit. I'm not much of a beer connoisseur but I do like to drink it.

Hank Scorpio
A Mean Caucasian

Post by Hank Scorpio »

Is it the one in Pittsboro?

Ha Ha Ha Ha ....

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

steamboatwillie wrote:Is it the one in Pittsboro?
Yup. I live about 6 miles from there towards Chapel Hill.

Mutant
Gunny

Post by Mutant »

steamboatwillie wrote:We need an alcohol forum. We have at least a dozen beer threads in this forum alone.
Modern Drunkard Magazine

and their Forum

:partyman:

Hank Scorpio
A Mean Caucasian

Post by Hank Scorpio »

That's a pretty funny site.

Ha Ha Ha Ha ....

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

A vote for Japanese beer. Kirin Ichiban and Sapporo are damn tasty for large brewery beers.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

Anyone ever sampled this?

Yummy with Vegemite
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

Hank Scorpio
A Mean Caucasian

Post by Hank Scorpio »

Stosh, I may order teh Piss pack just for the novelty of it. Just picked up some of:

Bell's Lager of the Lakes
New Holland Zoomer
Allagash White
Blanche de Bruges Wit

I'll report back soon...

Ha Ha Ha Ha ....