Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Chicken chains

Post by Turdacious »

Sardi's-- DC area peruvian place, usually in downscale neighborhoods (but not bad ones). Huge portions, great chicken, good sides, always tends to have long lines that go quickly. Cheap, with good family takeout deals.

Nando's-- S African chicken place. A bit upscale. Very good chicken, great sides, surprisingly good beer selection.

Cluck U-- East coast chain. Good wings, lots of sauce choices, primarily a take out place. Just ok.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

milosz

Re: Chicken chains

Post by milosz »

Chik-Fil-A - fuck the gays, this shit is delicious

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

If passing near Nashville or Memphis...or I guess even Little Rock, Arkansas. Really good chicken.

http://gusfriedchicken.com/

Damn, there's one in Austin, TX too.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, because Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

vern

Post by vern »

“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Turdacious wrote:Sardi's-- DC area peruvian place, usually in downscale neighborhoods (but not bad ones). Huge portions, great chicken, good sides, always tends to have long lines that go quickly. Cheap, with good family takeout deals.

Nando's-- S African chicken place. A bit upscale. Very good chicken, great sides, surprisingly good beer selection.

Cluck U-- East coast chain. Good wings, lots of sauce choices, primarily a take out place. Just ok.
Try Bon Chon Chicken if you haven't.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Dirt McGirt
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dirt McGirt »

Another vote for Bon Chon.

That's the place with, like, rock candy on the wings, right?

My brother literally takes trips to try the highest-rated wing places, and when I was stationed in DC he put that little hole-in-the-wall in his top 5.

Probably just as much for novelty as anything else.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

milosz wrote:Chik-Fil-A - fuck the gays, this shit is delicious
Regardless of your hate for the GAYS Chick-Fil-A is shit food in serving sizes fit for 12 year old girls. Fuck them.

AZ is balls for chicken. Lolo's Chicken and Waffles is the only notable such restaurant that occurs to me. And I'd give it a 6/10.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Damn near every fast-ish food restaurant besides Chinese food has pussy serving sizes.
I order 2-3 Chik Fil A spicy chicken sandwiches and add Chick Fil A sauce. Fantastic and like 100 grams of protein

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Thomas Keller's fried chicken recipe is insane. Highly recommend.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/membe ... N-50000340
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Bud Charniga's grape ape

Post by Bud Charniga's grape ape »

Turdacious wrote:Sardi's-- DC area peruvian place, usually in downscale neighborhoods (but not bad ones). Huge portions, great chicken, good sides, always tends to have long lines that go quickly. Cheap, with good family takeout deals.

If you're in the DC area, and you ever find yourself on the VA side of the river, check out El Pollo Rico in Arlington. There's not a lot that I miss in Arlington (DC yes, Arlington specifically not so much). This is one of those things.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

The best wings I've ever had, anywhere, ever (and I DO NOT hand out that accolade lightly!)) are at a place in Bonnyville Alberta that doesn't even have a website:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/72/1612668/ ... Bonnyville

They are heartbreakingly delicious. You can't imagine.

The downside: you're in Bonnyville.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

nafod wrote:If passing near Nashville or Memphis...or I guess even Little Rock, Arkansas. Really good chicken.

http://gusfriedchicken.com/

Damn, there's one in Austin, TX too.
Yes, the Memphis one is great

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

West Coast, Pollo Loco.

Not bad. Fire grilled marinated Mexican style chicken.

I think it was the chain that inspired Pollos Hermanos (in Breaking Bad).

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

WildGorillaMan wrote:The best wings I've ever had, anywhere, ever (and I DO NOT hand out that accolade lightly!)) are at a place in Bonnyville Alberta that doesn't even have a website:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/72/1612668/ ... Bonnyville

They are heartbreakingly delicious. You can't imagine.

The downside: you're in Canada.

Fixed.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

Chicken....

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/118/882382/ ... g-Columbus

Best damn grilled half bird you can buy. I swear they are injecting these fuckers with Sustanon before butchering. They are right across from my fire station and we eat there a lot. Also, their ribs are good enough you would slap a well to do white call girl for them.
Last edited by Dunn on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

I've had Bon Chon, and it was pretty good. But as with everything else, you people need to come to New York for the good stuff.

http://blueribbonfriedchicken.com/
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

seeahill wrote:West Coast, Pollo Loco.

Not bad. Fire grilled marinated Mexican style chicken.
A most accurate review, El Pollo Loco is indeed not bad.

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

Raisin' Canes has pretty kick ass fingers, crinkle cut fries, good sauce, and TEXAS TOAST.
Always a solid choice as a fast food option.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

There's a little hole in the wall joint in Decatur her in Atlanta that has the best chicken I've ever eaten. They're from Peru and do some Peruvian style of rotisserie roasted bird that will make you forget about fried yardbird forever.

Las Brasas http://www.lasbrasasdecatur.com/
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Actually the best chicken ever is the roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken at Smith&Wollensky in NYC. You get the whole damn bird. Juiciest chicken I've ever had with perfectly crisp skin.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:There's a little hole in the wall joint in Decatur her in Atlanta that has the best chicken I've ever eaten. They're from Peru and do some Peruvian style of rotisserie roasted bird that will make you forget about fried yardbird forever.

It's a date.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Bud Charniga's gaping asshole wrote:

If you're in the DC area, and you ever find yourself on the VA side of the river, check out El Pollo Rico in Arlington. There's not a lot that I miss in Arlington (DC yes, Arlington specifically not so much). This is one of those things.
Arlington is not great for food-- except for a few hole in the wall exceptions. El Pollo Rico is good, but it's no Sardi's. IMO, it's worth the drive to Capital Heights over Pollo Rico-- the yucca fries and plantains are that good. JMO.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

milosz wrote:Chik-Fil-A - fuck the gays, this shit is delicious
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Dunn wrote:
Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:There's a little hole in the wall joint in Decatur her in Atlanta that has the best chicken I've ever eaten. They're from Peru and do some Peruvian style of rotisserie roasted bird that will make you forget about fried yardbird forever.

It's a date.
Let me know next time you're over this way and we'll hit them up. Then cruise over to Brick Store for some beers.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.