Cowboys vs. Dinosaurs (Scy-Fy Channel)

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
beefheart
Sergeant Commanding

Cowboys vs. Dinosaurs (Scy-Fy Channel)

Post by beefheart »

If you've ever seen one on these "Scy -Fy Originals" you know the drill: wooden acting by c-listers and bargain basement CGI.

This flick has one really funny set piece though. There's this bald, bespectacled, slightly overweight professorial type who's pontificating to his fellow townspeople after they here the rumor of the first dino attack. "There's no way, there can be living dinosaurs, back in that mine," he snorts dismissively.

Of course the velociraptors, end up chasing this comic relief dude back to his cabin, after a series of pratfalls and near misses. Then the little fuckers, smarter than you think, light the cabin on fire to drive him out; the dude has proven to be such an asshole you're rooting for the dinos by the time. It's pretty funny when they bite him in half, but I won't spoil it anymore than I have.
ab g-d wrote:I can't understand how, given the training they did, the cavemen beat the dinosaurs.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Re: Cowboys vs. Dinosaurs (Scy-Fy Channel)

Post by Holland Oates »

LOL
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Yeah, the guy isn't a scientist, but he's smart. You can tell because he wears glasses.

He says, "there's no way there could be living dinosaurs in that mine." And everybody nods in reluctant agreement and the mayor says, "Mister you're right. What were we thinking?" And everyone goes home for a big glass of lemonade. And it turns out there are no dinosaurs at all, just some cheesy CGI graphics and a lot of actors running around screaming or shooting six guns and then a giant asteroid destroys the earth...

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

If he's the guy I'm thinking of, that fucker has more lives than a cat (and so does the cabin which is creepy by itself). Not only will he be back, since he was bitten in half there will be two of them running around.

Wonderful, wonderful movie.
I can't wait for the sequel! :prayer:
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Just saw it. SPOILER ALERT

The professor type salvages one of his books from his cabin, and begins to read it over the loudspeaker. After page four, the dinosaurs lose their will to live. So do the other surviving townspeople.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule