Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor! (Spoiler Alert!)

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor! (Spoiler Alert!)

Post by DARTH »

One of the best written Doctor Who stories ever.

The way all the Doctors generations came together to change what was the Doctor of the 21st Century's greatest regret could have been considered the cherry on the top but it was not.....

.. Seeing and hearing Tom Baker again, talking to Matt Smith flooded me with some very un Darthish emotions.

It reminded me how much that character meant to me as a boy, how much of that I still carry with me deep down.

I fucking cried tears of joy for the 2nd time in my whole life and while it was not up there with the 1st, the birth of my firstborn it was still very, very heavy and for that minute I was the 10 year old boy who loved that character so much that when he fell from the Eiffle Tower and regenerated into Peter Davidson, that I lost it as the end credits and theme song rolled.

When I went on the Doctor Who FB page, I was not alone in this at all.

Yes it was that good a show tonight.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

dingleberry
Manpussy Apprentice

Re: Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor! (Spoiler Alert!)

Post by dingleberry »

Watched with my boys. They both have been glued to Netflix watching the old ones (starting with the ninth Doctor). Every time they are over we watch a couple.

I never watched it before they got hooked, so finding out the history behind the series is cool.
nafod wrote:I do find I am spending more and more time in the bathroom in the morning, just staring at myself and wondering if I am pretty.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Re: Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor! (Spoiler Alert!)

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

It was incredibly well done for long time fans. Kids loved it. Seeing the 4th was a tear jerker for sure.

Anything with Billie Piper and a Big Red Button makes my sticker peck out.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill