Generation Iron

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Generation Iron

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I was pretty underwhelmed. Oh well, got it for $10 at Best Buy.

Hard to review this one since they jumped all over the place and tried to profile a half dozen guys. Would have been better if they just paired it down to the top three, and really dug into their lives and their training. For example, Kai Greene is the most interesting of the bunch, but you can find infinitely more entertaining clips about Kai on youtube. They badly wanted to cast Phil Heath in the "Arnold" role as the cocky champion, but he just doesn't have that gregarious charisma like the Oak. He just comes off as another gym douche who goes on and on about his natural talent.

Legit LOL moment when Branch Warren brags about how he's never been hurt in the gym, and then gets bucked off of his horse HARD in the same shot. There was also an interesting clip where Arnold pretty much bemoans the modern state of pro bodybuilding, and says that guys today have lost all sense of proportion and aesthetics. On the one hand it was the truth, and on the other hand it was an old timer doing the old timer thing about how "things were better in my day".

Overall, maybe worth a cheap Netflix if there's nothing else to watch, and you really want to feel gay for an hour and a half.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Generation Iron

Post by Bobby »

Lost interest in bodybuilding after Dorian stopped competing.They are TOO big now,I much preferred the days up to Haney,Gaspari etc.I mean,nowadays Bertil Fox would look like someone who doesn`t know how to use the "supplements" and he was a monster back in the day.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".