Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Homeland Season 3

Post by baffled »

There will be spoilers.

No benefit of the doubt. We're discussing this on time, motherfuckers.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Freki
Sgt. Major

Re: Homeland Season 3

Post by Freki »

Nice bus tracks there Saul....
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Saul was pretty stand-up until he saw Carrie off her meds and publicly screaming accusations about Brody in DC restaurants. Can't have that shit.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:Saul was pretty stand-up until he saw Carrie off her meds and publicly screaming accusations about Brody in DC restaurants. Can't have that shit.
She told her dad that, did she tell Saul? Or are you saying he figured it out from her behavior?
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I'm getting really tired of her, if'n I'm being honest.

Even knowing how incompetent our government agencies are in real life, there's no way they'd let that shit stand. She's annoying and they need to find a new way to keep the story going.

It's a good enough concept without the crazy bitch.
- Buck Brannaman

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

I'm always amazed at the talent of casting directors...that committee chairman is coming across as a real cocksucker. Who will guard our nation if the CIA's charger is revoked?!?!?!

Claire Danes did absolutely deserve that Emmy.

I think they are doing a great job in showing the multiple delimmas Brody's family has to deal with...money, media, emotional fallout etc.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Good start for this season. Claire Danes has me convinced they need to whack Carrie. Good performance.
Tantum validus superstes

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Nice twist but Carrie still looks like she's off her meds.
Tantum validus superstes

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

So I've neglected this and the Boardwalk Empire threads.

I've got mixed emotions on this season.

On the one hand, I like the plot twists, but I'm starting to get a little sick of a few things.

1) I have a hard time that schitzoid would still be in the mix with any intelligence agency. I'm all about suspending disbelief and escapism when I'm reading or watching something, but at a certain point, the "what the fuck" instinct takes over.

2) The daughter fucking pisses me off. I know she's had a rough go of it, but even before the finale last year, she was annoying as hell.
- Buck Brannaman

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

I suspect they may be making Dana Brody incredibly annoying for a reason, but I'm not sure.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

baffled wrote:The daughter fucking pisses me off. I know she's had a rough go of it, but even before the finale last year, she was annoying as hell.
I didn't think I could hate a character more than Skyler (Breaking Bad), but this bitch is pissing me off.

Anyway, I kinda hate TV parenting: if I had tried to pull off with my parents half the shit Dana has done, I would have been beaten to a pulp (rightly so) and grounded until my 65th birthday. Some tough-love-Darth-parenting on the screen would be very welcome.

On a slightly related note... Does anyone else see the resemblance Dana-Sasha?

You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:I suspect they may be making Dana Brody incredibly annoying for a reason, but I'm not sure.
So Brody has no other option than to come back and rescue her.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

SubClaw wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:I suspect they may be making Dana Brody incredibly annoying for a reason, but I'm not sure.
So Brody has no other option than to come back and rescue her.
This.....there's going to have to be some kind of tie in otherwise there's no point in keeping her alive.
Tantum validus superstes

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I'm not watching tihs faggoty ass shoe!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Why? Covered your tv-set in potato starch?
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Bobby wrote:Why? Covered your tv-set in potato starch?
Don't vex me, Bobby.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Just woke up and it`s 4 in the morning here in Sweden.So my keen eurofag ear for languages hasn`T kicked in:what does "don`t vex me" mean?
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Bobby wrote:Just woke up and it`s 4 in the morning here in Sweden.So my keen eurofag ear for languages hasn`T kicked in:what does "don`t vex me" mean?
vex |veks|
verb [ trans. ]
make (someone) feel annoyed, frustrated, or worried, esp. with trivial matters
Tantum validus superstes

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Thanks.
"being a pussy".

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

This show fucking sucks now.

I'm not interested in watching a show about the Brody's without, you know... Brody.

And Carrie's that deranged that she's pregnant, but downing booze and all those meds in the psych ward wouldn't be a problem? What the fuck? It's all over the map, and the only character that I think is close to compelling is Quinn, but that's only because he has seemed like he's ready to snap and shoot everyone several times in the last two seasons.
- Buck Brannaman

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Sorry haven't commented in awhile only because I was behind. The show has been a bit of torture to watch, Dana and the weird kid need to be killed, Carrie's driving me insane. Saul is not doing it for me either. Only Quinn, the real conscious of the show is keeping my interest but I have a feeling that someone is going to get zapped and it's going to be him. Homeland has not been in step with the other shows in killing off major characters unexpectedly and I have a feeling Quinn is going to hesitate just like Richard the Sniper in Boardwalk and he's gonna get double-tapped.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Yeah, I think that for the show to redeem itself, something major has to happen with his character. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything happens.

And I'm kind of wondering what the plan for Brody will be. Right now he's a shot up junky in some Venezuelan slum. Is that his fate?

Is this show just about his family and Carrie being a kook? If so, it's not making it past a 4th season, if it even gets that far.
- Buck Brannaman

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Hey fucker this shit-fest that is going on right now is all on you. You conned me into watching this show...I was a skeptic from the get-go and you were all like, no man, this is for fucking realz you gots to watch this shit. You better start sending them script ideas stat.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I'm on it.

I'll start emailing the show runner with suggestions to check this thread.

I could have sworn Danes was posting here under Tom Furman, but I guess that's not the case.
- Buck Brannaman

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Well Tom and Claire look similar, same hair styles and have similar builds so it's easy to confuse the two.