Moccamaster coffeemaker...

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Moccamaster coffeemaker...

Post by Shapecharge »

So the drip style coffeemaker I had went tits up last week so I decided to buy a new one. I had heard about this brand before and did a little digging and although it's expensive, 300.00, I think it makes a fantastic cup of coffee. America's Test Kitchen ranked it the best. Take a look shitsticks and I don't even want to hear any shit about a cup of coffee is just a cup of coffee!! If done right it's the only thing you can count on in your ususal dreary dull life. And it is the hottest cup of coffee I've ever had from a home machine.

http://www.moccamaster.com/us/details/p ... ed-silver/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gggDqQ5yh6o

Here's where I bought it...no tax, free shipping and some free gifts including a pound of fresh ground coffee:

http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: Moccamaster coffeemaker...

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Dad's a big coffee guy and swapped out an extremely expensive machine for cold brewing and a Moccamaster after a ton of research and owning several coffee makers.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

A big fat heartfelt but non-sexual internet hug to you Stephen.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

I could buy 10 Mr. Coffees for that price!

I will stick with my cheap drip machine and my mokapot.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Play with the temp a bit Shape baby. A super hot cup of coffee isn't necessarily the best cup of coffee.

I'd love something like this but I ain't paying $300 for anything that I can't ride, fuck, or inject.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Ed, try a cold brew setup. Very cheap. Burns through coffee a little faster, but removes the acidity almost entirely.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

How is a city employee able to afford $329 to make fucking coffee. Are you moonlighting, as well? Maybe listening in to communications for the NSA?

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

All you motherbitches read this and weap: my fucking 300 dollar Moccamaster coupled with THE BIG GREEN EGG that I got for Father's Day in 2006 along with my Nutribullet will allow me through specialized and secret nutritional intake, to reach a pinnicle of intellectual, emotional, sexual, physical and visual achievement, including but not limited to an increase of two inches to my dick length (new total = 4") that you will never be able to comprehend. I will rear naked choke life you dirty bastages.

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Thanks for letting me know about your coffeemaker Shape. I'll make sure and try it out this week.
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

almost got one, the Bonavita and the Jap one's are similar...it's sure is a fancy one though. The Zojirushi is the one I have, with the thermal carafe and I like it. Way cheaper, same temp water coming out.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Big Bucks Shapecharge has a $2000 grill and a $300 Mr Coffee, but the superior Vitamix is just a little too pricey for him.

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

My dark lord Satan I call upon you to smote those that question my outrageous impulse purchases!! Perv6969 my BGE was a GIFT!! And Shaf you dirty bitch my water is heated in copper tubing which means that it is special with copper ions and shit!!! Hands off Crusty!!

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:Ed, try a cold brew setup. Very cheap. Burns through coffee a little faster, but removes the acidity almost entirely.
I have a redneck set up. I love cold brew.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

NOT EXPENSIVE ENOUGH AND ONE WORD...TRIGLYCERIDES!!!!111

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Hahahahaha!

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Shapecharge wrote:NOT EXPENSIVE ENOUGH AND ONE WORD...TRIGLYCERIDES!!!!111

is that shit true?

hmmmm...I sometimes forget to believe in cholesterol and then I remember that's what test is made of...

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Blade...I have one personal friend that was a press pot or two a day guy. Doctor told him his tri's were too high. They started chatting about his diet and the doctor specifically mentioned this i.e boiled/press pot coffee. I can't specifically speak to the particular oil or compound in the coffee that is the culprit but the paper filter takes care of it. He stopped the press pot and went the regular way and everything moved into line. Bullshit? Hell I don't know...google seems to bear it out a little bit but if you smoke, raw-dawg it with tranny hookers like EZ and share needles, there may be other things to consider.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Shapecharge wrote:Blade...I have one personal friend that was a press pot or two a day guy. Doctor told him his tri's were too high. They started chatting about his diet and the doctor specifically mentioned this i.e boiled/press pot coffee. I can't specifically speak to the particular oil or compound in the coffee that is the culprit but the paper filter takes care of it. He stopped the press pot and went the regular way and everything moved into line. Bullshit? Hell I don't know...google seems to bear it out a little bit but if you smoke, raw-dawg it with tranny hookers like EZ and share needles, there may be other things to consider.
New pinz are cheap but when it comes to blunts, butt scrumping and french presses...we're talking about texture...Can't put a price on that.

Tnx for the breuax tips, tho. I'm getting some bloods back tomorrow, I'll take a look see...I do put away a significant amount of FP coffee.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Shapecharge wrote:Blade...I have one personal friend that was a press pot or two a day guy. Doctor told him his tri's were too high. They started chatting about his diet and the doctor specifically mentioned this i.e boiled/press pot coffee. I can't specifically speak to the particular oil or compound in the coffee that is the culprit but the paper filter takes care of it. He stopped the press pot and went the regular way and everything moved into line. Bullshit? Hell I don't know...google seems to bear it out a little bit but if you smoke, raw-dawg it with tranny hookers like EZ and share needles, there may be other things to consider.
New pinz are cheap but when it comes to blunts, butt scrumping and french presses...we're talking about texture...Can't put a price on that.

Tnx for the breuax tips, tho. I'm getting some bloods back tomorrow, I'll take a look see...I do put away a significant amount of FP coffee.
If you end up looking for something else, the Clever Dripper is a nice compromise between the press pot and regular drip. My only complaint about the original is that the plastic is impossible to clean, but Bonavita is now selling a similar product made from dishwasher-safe ceramic.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Shape, now that you have your coffeemaker, you're a prime candidate for the Vessyl.

A coffee cup that will tell you that you have coffee in your cup. And only $99!

Add the trilgyceride meter to the cup for a small up charge of $3750.75

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu4ukHmXKFU[/youtube]

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

I have a clever pour over I love it but the carafe keeps cracking. I need to look into that ceramic version.

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Uhh guys...this thread was supposed to be about me and my Moccamaster. Just sayin'.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Interesting. I'm a FP guy too. I won't give it up, but might have to find a way to filter it before it gets in my thermos.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:The Zojirushi is the one I have, with the thermal carafe and I like it. Way cheaper, same temp water coming out.
This. Combined with my $20 air popper that I roast my own bean, I am convinced I have the best coffee at the most economical price and least hassle. I use the press when I want a little better and have time for it. $300 for a coffee pot brewing red-can ass flakes is still shit brew. Roasting your own is the way to go.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan