Movie “Hereditary”

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Movie “Hereditary”

Post by nafod »

Movie got rave reviews from reviewers and ok ones from the public. I understand why, it is not super fast paced enough for the Twitter infinity war era. But I thought it was really good on a bunch of levels, and worth seeing in a theatre. If you go, you’ll understand why.

The acting is awesome. Toni Collette will be nominated for an Oscar. The others are great. The young girl will freak you out. The camera spends a lot of time watching people’s faces, and they deliver the acting.

The story is good old school horror that doesn’t use chain saws to freak you out. More Exorcist and Rosemary’s Baby type story, but also old school family drama. Story gets good kind of weird in the end.

The movie making is awesome. Every single shot is carefully thought out, and stuff is going on in all of them. No wasted motion. The sound is key. In a theatre, you’ll looking over your shoulder going, “wha...?” It was just awesome craft.

Big thumbs up. Full disclosure, wife thought it was just ok, but she’s not a horror fan.
Don’t believe everything you think.

JimZipCode

Re: Movie “Hereditary”

Post by JimZipCode »

My wife was eager to see it, went by herself last weekend. She's a huge horror fan; not slasher fun, but a fan of creepy horror.

She didn't say much about the movie when she got back, other than that it was "intense". She seemed glad to have gone.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Movie “Hereditary”

Post by Bram »

Fuck that movie was creepy. Watched it last night for Halloween.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."