Movie 43

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Movie 43

Post by nafod »

Looking forward to someone else seeing it and reporting back, based on this review...
Since 1999 I've been carrying a blue pill in my pocket, holding onto it for the moment when I'd truly need it. The pill, I was told, would instantly erase the memory of any movie — but just the one movie, just the one time.

I was tempted to take that pill after "Freddy Got Fingered." I had the pill in hand as I walked out of every other Adam Sandler movie of the last decade.

But I hung on to it, knowing something even worse was going to come my way one day.

Midway through "Movie 43," I knew the day had come. As the credits rolled with the inevitable blooper scenes of actors breaking character and inexplicably laughing when nothing funny is going on, I swallowed that pill, hoping to erase instantly all mental images of what had just transpired.

It didn't work. The !&$@*! thing didn't work!

"Movie 43" is the "Citizen Kane" of awful.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Movie 43

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

If you couldn't tell from the preview clips...well.

A friend of mine who is a big movie buff and sees everything that comes out, walked out of Movie 43 after 10 minutes. Pretty much tells me everything I need to know.

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:If you couldn't tell from the preview clips...well.
I'd never heard of it until I saw the review. I'll save my money for Movie 44.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Huh. Previews looked funny to me.

edit: woah http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/movie_43/
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

...ensemble comedy starring some of the biggest names in Hollywood.
There's no way this could not be terrible.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Damn, I was hoping this was going to be a good movie.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

My Lord. There are actually people who saw the previews for this and thought it might be good? LMAO

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Pinky wrote:
...ensemble comedy starring some of the biggest names in Hollywood.
There's no way this could not be terrible.
I keep waiting for the next It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. That one managed to pull off serious comedy, for some unknown reason. My kids love it too.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

There hasn't been anything like that or say Caddy Shack or Animal House, Airplane etc. in forever. A comedy that everyone has seen and everyone knows all the lines from. It's fucking sad really. If there has been one recently I'm certainly not remembering it.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Shapecharge wrote:There hasn't been anything like that or say Caddy Shack or Animal House, Airplane etc. in forever. A comedy that everyone has seen and everyone knows all the lines from. It's fucking sad really. If there has been one recently I'm certainly not remembering it.
Anchorman

Step Brothers, in a lesser way.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Definitely anchorman.

We all knew old school by heart, but we were in college when it came out and we figured that's why we'd be in 15 years. Still got time.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

Shapecharge wrote:There hasn't been anything like that or say Caddy Shack or Animal House, Airplane etc. in forever. A comedy that everyone has seen and everyone knows all the lines from. It's fucking sad really. If there has been one recently I'm certainly not remembering it.
That's because most current farcical comedies are based on pop culture references to other movies, bodily functions, and illicit or bawdy sex. Nothing wrong with any of those, but they have no heart and they aren't ABOUT anything. Animal House was funny because it set a standard and it had a point of view. Movies referencing Animal House to get their laughs...? You can only go to the well so many times.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Yes, there have been no quality, cult-classic comedies since 1978-80.

Jesus. How old ARE you??
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"