Reacher on Amazon Prime

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Reacher on Amazon Prime

Post by baffled »

It's not going to win any awards, but it's pretty fun. It feels a little.... some of the characters are almost caricatures, but so is the Jack Reacher character.

The lead actor is something like 6'3" in real life, so he's a lot closer to the Jack Reacher of the books who's supposed to be 6'5", 250 lbs and jacked.

Worth a watch if you just want to check out and see some decent fight scenes and so-so acting that's about what you'd expect for a Jack Reacher adaptation.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Reacher on Amazon Prime

Post by Fat Cat »

I thought it was dogshit. Surprising to me that they even have a show about a big, strong, competent white protagonist, but it's too bland to care.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Reacher on Amazon Prime

Post by baffled »

I think most of the positive reviews have to do with the actor actually being believable as Jack Reacher. I think that's part of it for me.

Reacher isn't as iconic as James Bond or Jason Bourne, but I think he's one of the spy/crime/thriller novel characters that seems like it should be good for TV and movies.

Mitch Rapp is another one, but that kid they chose for American Assassin was terrible and unbelievable in that role, too. Michael Keaton was pretty good as Stan Hurley though.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Reacher on Amazon Prime

Post by Fat Cat »

baffled wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:50 pm Reacher isn't as iconic as James Bond or Jason Bourne, but I think he's one of the spy/crime/thriller novel characters that seems like it should be good for TV and movies.
Ya I haven't read the books. Are you a fan?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Cave Canem

Reacher on Amazon Prime

Post by Cave Canem »

As a fan of the Reacher series of books, I liked this a lot better than the Cruise versions. Ritchson fills the part as fans expected. Seeing Cruise in the movie role was a WTF moment. The TV series, like the books, are just mindless entertainment . Nothing deep and somewhat ridiculous.
Tantum validus superstes

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Reacher on Amazon Prime

Post by Bram »

Enjoyed it and will give Season 2 a try when it comes around.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."