Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Stillwater
Staff Sergeant

Sanuk Sandals

Post by Stillwater »

http://www.sanuk.com/

These are my favorite shoes. They're basically a flip flop bottom with an upper sewn on. They're light, cool and comfortable.

My first pair was the "Donny" with a canvas upper. I also have the "Cruiser" that uses leather.

They are supposed to be machine washable, but I haven't tried it yet.

I got mine from amazon, but you can find them on zappos and even Bass Pro carries them.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Helen Keller

ab g-d

Re: Sanuk Sandals

Post by ab g-d »

When I'm not working these are what I wear.
Growing old is not for sissies.

"I'm just here to regulate funkyness"
James Gandolfini in The Mexican

milosz

Post by milosz »

I've been wearing a pair almost non-stop for about a month or six weeks now. Tried my usual tennis shoe size (14) and they felt small so I moved up to a 15 and they're comfy as shit and by far the best sockless option I've found for Texas heat. They get rank but a bi-weekly washing and air-dry has handled that.

It might be all in my head, but I feel like my foot has spread out from wearing the Sanuks - I was a 13EE in New Balance Minimus shoes and now I feel like need to move up to a 14EE to be comfortable. Hoping the same isn't true of all my cool-weather boots.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

It might be all in my head, but I feel like my foot has spread out from wearing the Sanuks - I was a 13EE in New Balance Minimus shoes and now I feel like need to move up to a 14EE to be comfortable. Hoping the same isn't true of all my cool-weather boots.
If you find underwear that does that, you will make a million.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

TomFurman wrote:
If you find underwear that does that, you will make a million.
Rumor has it a certain blender yields nano-nutrients out of foods that do the trick.

I tried on Sanuk's and typically run 11.5 or 12. A 12.5 would have been perfect, but did not exist, so I did not buy them. I had a pair of Croc's that were Sanuk knock-offs in terms of concept, but my feet did sweat like hell in them so off they went into a Good Will dumpster.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I bought a pair last week while at the beach and am loving them. They feel great.

msr2112
Staff Sergeant

Post by msr2112 »

Sanuks and Chucks are the only shoes I wear, except for my oly shoes when squatting. They are awesome.
Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift this heavy-ass weight!! -Ronnie Coleman