Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Superman Versus The Elite

Post by Holland Oates »

Netflix streaming

Supes takes on an edgier and deadlier crew of heroes. It's good but I hope Joe Kelly gave Warren Ellis about 90% of his royalty money since it borrows heavily from the Authority.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Superman Versus The Elite

Post by Turdacious »

Ed Zachary wrote:Netflix streaming

Supes takes on an edgier and deadlier crew of heroes. It's good but I hope Joe Kelly gave Warren Ellis about 90% of his royalty money since it borrows heavily from the Authority.
It was good. Better than expected.

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

Ed Zachary wrote:Netflix streaming

I'm pretty sure Kelly was riffing on the Authority quite deliberately...that was the point.

Haven't seen it yet - did they include the part where ColdCast abruptly disappears and then Superman shows up and says "Oh yeah, I flew him into space at Mach 10 and he experienced explosive decompression..."?

That was my favorite bit in the original.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Abandoned by Wolves wrote:
I'm pretty sure Kelly was riffing on the Authority quite deliberately...that was the point.

Haven't seen it yet - did they include the part where ColdCast abruptly disappears and then Superman shows up and says "Oh yeah, I flew him into space at Mach 10 and he experienced explosive decompression..."?

That was my favorite bit in the original.
I don't recall. I was a few beers in by the end. It's worth the watch.