The Armstrong Lie-DVD

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bob Wildes

The Armstrong Lie-DVD

Post by Bob Wildes »

Just finished watching this 128 minute DVD about Lance Armstrong.

My guess is that people like me, who do not know a lot about Lance or bike racing would find it
interesting, but others that are very knowledgeable about the subject might be disappointed
because they might not learn anything.

The 2009 comeback Tour De France was the main part of the DVD. I found the method that was
used to blood dope during some of the tours interesting and also the amazing increase in wattage
per kilogram Lance attained in a one month period of training in the Rockies.

It is available at Netflix now. Probably at other places like Red Box also.

It did make a couple of one hour plus sessions on my C2 much easier than most other DVDs I have
seen lately.
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

lasalle

Re: The Armstrong Lie-DVD

Post by lasalle »

Movie was ok-the director was clearly conflicted about Armstrong and seems to still have him on a pedestal. The movie was good for killing time on a long flight but I don't know that I'd seek it out otherwise.

If you're interested in Armstrong and how they doped, I'd point you towards the book "Wheelmen: Lance Armstrong, the Tour de France, and the Greatest Sports Conspiracy" Gets really in to the details of how they would smuggle in and administer dope and fresh blood. A fascinating book.

Topic author
Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

At present I am not that interested in learning more details on how Lance's team managed their doping protocol. I will read that
book if I change my mind.

The first half of that DVD seemed more interesting than the second half. At least my rowing session seemed to pass by faster
that day versus the second day.

Did Lance say that Betsy Andreu was fat? She looked mighty fine to me.
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

Bob Wildes wrote: Did Lance say that Betsy Andreu was fat? She looked mighty fine to me.
He had all kinds of things to say about her. Agree she looks good-she's my kind of crazy.

He sure picked the wrong woman to fuck with there, don't you think? You can attribute a good portion of his downfall to her tenacity.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Movie was ok-the director was clearly conflicted about Armstrong and seems to still have him on a pedestal.
And he should be on one! Greatest ever!
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."