They are out to ruin a great TV memory!

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

They are out to ruin a great TV memory!

Post by DARTH »

The Equalizer, one of my all time favourite shows, used to bargian to stay up late enough on Weds night to see it is getting made into a movie.

But here's where they are fucking up BIG TIME!

Instead of Robert McCall being the son of a Brit and an American, British educated former Intel operative who lives in a NY Bronwstone, drives a Jag and does what he does for personal reasons (does not need the money and rarely takes any that he does not shove into an account for that person's kids) he is now fucking Denzel Washington, wroking at Home Depot after getting out of Black Ops.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!

All the great Brit and Brit-American actors who could do this, including Edward Woodward's son they do the cheap thing and turn him into a black guy.

It could be a good flick on it's own, especially with Antown Faqua directing it (But he has made movies whith all whities, he made the Best King Arthur flick since Excaliber) but they just threw aside a childhood hero of mine.

My grandfather was in photo recon in WW2 and then the CIA durring the Cold War, so that was an attraction to the show right off and seeing a man who was over 50s kicking ass made me look at older folks differently back then.

I and 3 friends on FB might be the only ones who care but it still bites my ass.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

JonnyCat
Staff Sergeant

Re: They are out to ruin a great TV memory!

Post by JonnyCat »

Looking at this from the optimistic side, Denzel can bring the pain when the role calls for it. Could be an unofficial sequel to "Man On Fire." He carried "Book of Eli."

If they had done a straight-up reboot, my vote would be for Liam Neeson as McCall. All he would have to do is deliver a toned-down version of his "Taken' persona and everyone could phone it in and ride high on daily martini lunches. But he has already starred in a TV-movie resurrection (A-Team) and it sounds like, typical of Hollywood, they want a ' fresh re-imagining' of a simple, if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it concept.

Since they chose not to be faithful to the source material, I wish they would have gone the "Starsky and Hutch" route and made a goofy comedy with Mike Myers in the lead role. I might actually be moved to watch it if it was a lampoon.

While it has the potential to be another "Lone Ranger," it's doubtful there will be any of the production excesses that made that movie such an expensive turkey. This new Equalizer flick will probably be gritty, lean and mean and has the potential to actually make money instead of hemorrhaging it - so get ready for sequel after sequel.

The original show kicked all kinds of ass.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Denzel is one of my favorite actors. I bet he will do great.

I think putting Jason Statham in there would have been awesome.

I like the idea of mixing it up though. Go young. Put Jaden Smith in there and set it in high school.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

DARTH wrote: I and 3 friends on FB might be the only ones who care
might?
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

theAbstract wrote:I like the idea of mixing it up though. Go young. Put Jaden Smith in there and set it in high school.
Hilarioso! Four clappys: =D> =D> =D> =D>

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Sam Neil would be a good choice for McCall.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

JonnyCat wrote:The original show kicked all kinds of ass.
You are talking about Callan right?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

I saw the movie for Callen. One of the best Judo scenes ever on film.

msr2112
Staff Sergeant

Post by msr2112 »

It was a good show. I remember it for the music. Stewart Copeland wrote and performed it. Real cool stuff.
Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift this heavy-ass weight!! -Ronnie Coleman