This Is The End

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

This Is The End

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Apocalyptic end of the world comedy. Stoner movie by stoners. Looked like it was a ton of fun to make, not so much fun to watch.

Good premise in that the apocalypse is happening in Hollywood and all the stars are playing themselves and showing how they'd cope. Execution is meh. Not a hell of a lot of laughs from the audience of young people who surrounded me so it wasn't just me. Admittedly I was put off a bit because I brought my wife and about 10 minutes in she turned on her phone and started Googling divorce attorneys.

If you like tons of drug humor and Danny McBride playing Danny McBride exactly as he usually does then this is the movie for you've been waiting for.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

milosz

Re: This Is The End

Post by milosz »

I fell asleep in the theater during Pineapple Express. Should I assume that this isn't the movie for me?

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

milosz wrote:I fell asleep in the theater during Pineapple Express. Should I assume that this isn't the movie for me?
It's too loud to sleep for long so you'll just get cranky that the movie keeps waking you up.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Only saw the first 15 minutes, then a bright blue beam descended and lifted me out of the theatre.

My wife said the rest of it was funny.
Don’t believe everything you think.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 »

An awesome movie. Fuck you squares.

And Pineapple Express is one of the greatest comedies ever made.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

T200 wrote: Fuck you squares.

And Pineapple Express is one of the greatest comedies ever made.
+1. I fully expect this movie to rule

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

milosz wrote:I fell asleep in the theater during Pineapple Express. Should I assume that this isn't the movie for me?
I truly hated Pineapple Express. A phoned-in crap fest.

This Is The End is pretty legit. The Michael Cera bits were hilarious.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.