You Don't Know Me But You Don't Like Me-ICP and Phish

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
lasalle

You Don't Know Me But You Don't Like Me-ICP and Phish

Post by lasalle »

Funny and interesting book by Nathan Rabin, editor of the Onion AV Club.

Rabin goes deep in to the cultures and music of Insane Clown Posse and Phish, two of the most hated bands going. Along the way the he does his best Hunter S. Thompson and goes on a year long acid, E, coke, etc. bender while chasing Phish on the road.

ICP fans certainly come off as the white trash they are, but you can't help but feel some admiration and sympathy for them. And ICP themselves come across as genuinely nice guys. It's still baffling to me that anyone can listen to Phish, but it was an interesting look in to the modern day version of dead heads.

Read it over a weekend. Recommended.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Re: You Don't Know Me But You Don't Like Me-ICP and Phish

Post by T200 »

Never heard of this book but it sounds good.

Useful review, thanks.

ICP themselves have always been fine (in fact their music isn't even that bad...some of it is funny). The Juggalos are another story. ICP on the old Stern show and E! show were almost always guaranteed to be fucking hilarious. They used to put on some good wrestling shows too from a humor perspective.

With regard to Juggalos: when my wife was pregnant the OB/GYN office was brimming with young people with Juggalo shit tattooed all over their necks and arms and shit.