No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Extremely opposed the the dying dregs of the soviet bureau wanting to get involved in a hot war with Russia.

No, no, no.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

It’s absurd. NATO should never have taken on the Balts or the Balks, they are pure liabilities and were taken out of hubris. A positive relationship is one where both parties benefit so remind me again how we benefit from backing fucking Estonia or Romania. Why on earth can’t we give Russia a guarantee that we won’t add Ukraine to NATO? We would never accept a military alliance between Russia and Mexico, why should they passively accept one on their southern doorstep. Honestly it’s probably a good thing if Putin steps willingly into the shit in Ukraine, it’s enormous and porous and will be a great place for a generation of Russians to die in.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

I used to care about things like this. Like many, I watched the news about Iraq war, ISIS, etc., with great interest. Why? I had no real ability to do anything about it.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

It's not about Ukraine at all.
It was the American press that made the main emphasis on Ukraine.
Russia's main proposal is for NATO to return to the 1997 borders.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

And there is no need to invade Ukraine.
It is enough to officially recognize the Donbass as an independent state, conclude an agreement on military cooperation with them and place military bases with missiles there.

Maybe there are plans for Cuba also, I don't know.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

World Star!
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

I currently work for a brokerage company that also trades in New York, among others.
So I personally don't want any confrontation with the US, it could hurt my personal income as well :)

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

People everywhere should be able to decide their own government, and that includes people that are neighbors of Putin’s Russia. We should be supporting democracy and the right to self determination everywhere on the planet. Doesn’t mean we put our own troops in Ukraine, it does mean we support their own efforts to choose their own government.

I expect if Putin invades the Ukraine, it will lead to the collapse of Russia again. Too many body bags for the Russian people to tolerate, not enough food, no money.

Wild Bill, prepare to hunker down, my friend.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

nafod wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:09 pm..and that includes people that are neighbors of Putin’s Russia. ..
and people that are neighbors of Biden's America, I hope?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Wild Bill wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:18 pm
nafod wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:09 pm..and that includes people that are neighbors of Putin’s Russia. ..
Yup

And Taiwan. Think China isn’t watching closely?

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

It seems war with Russia is your wet dream.
You are masturbating on Ukraine's invade, but it is fake created by your media. Fake from the begining.
Last edited by Wild Bill on Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

nafod wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:20 pm
Wild Bill wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:18 pm
Yup

And Taiwan. Think China isn’t watching closely?
and do not forget about the intrigues of world Zionism!

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Wild Bill wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:31 pm It seems war with Russia is your wet dream.
I’m pretty sure it is Putin that is preparing to invade Ukraine, not the other way around.

His wet dream seems to involve trying to recreate the USSR, but the people don’t want back in.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Shoutouts to the Russian folks here, but you'd be astounded @ how little the average American gives a fuck about your country or anything you do. Not sure where you get the idea that we're so excited about war with ya, but I know it wasn't from a regular ass, around-the-way American citizen. We don't like OR dislike you. We barely give a fuck you exist.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

Ronald RayGun wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:37 pm Not sure where you get the idea that we're so excited about war with ya,
I spoke about Nafod.
Who cares what you think :)

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

nafod wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:04 pm I’m pretty sure it is Putin that is preparing to invade Ukraine
Can you name at least one reason for this invasion?
Well, if we discard wet dreams.

What will it give?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Wild Bill wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:25 pm
nafod wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:04 pm I’m pretty sure it is Putin that is preparing to invade Ukraine
Recreate the USSR. Everything else is subtext.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Ronald RayGun wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:37 pm Shoutouts to the Russian folks here, but you'd be astounded @ how little the average American gives a fuck about your country or anything you do. Not sure where you get the idea that we're so excited about war with ya, but I know it wasn't from a regular ass, around-the-way American citizen. We don't like OR dislike you. We barely give a fuck you exist.
What the average American is thinking is irrelevant, the decision to start a war is driven by a profit, monetary and political and is made by a few individuals. When they decide to do so they make sure the average American gives a massive fuck about Russia, Ukraine or any other place in question. Like they did about Vietnam, Afghanistan or Iraq.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

nafod wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:27 pm
You can't be so stupid!

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Wild Bill wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:15 pm
nafod wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:27 pm
You can't be so stupid!
Putin's words, not mine.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/pu ... 021-12-12/

Putin rues Soviet collapse as demise of 'historical Russia'
MOSCOW, Dec 12 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin has lamented the collapse of the Soviet Union three decades ago as the demise of what he called "historical Russia" and said the economic crisis that followed was so bad he was forced to moonlight as a taxi driver.

Putin's comments, released by state TV on Sunday, are likely to further fuel speculation about his foreign policy intentions among critics, who accuse him of planning to recreate the Soviet Union and of contemplating an attack on Ukraine, a notion the Kremlin has dismissed as fear-mongering.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Wouldn't Russia run over Ukraine in hours? Or does the NATO factor mean Russia will be ground down?

Didn't Russia kind of shiv Ukraine in 2014 to the point where their military's been steadily bleeding out?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Luke wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:36 am Wouldn't Russia run over Ukraine in hours? Or does the NATO factor mean Russia will be ground down?

Didn't Russia kind of shiv Ukraine in 2014 to the point where their military's been steadily bleeding out?
They should be able to overrun it pretty quick, the question is will it turn into another Afghanistan or Iraq, a slow bleed out. The Ukrainians will likely have a safe haven across the borders like the Taliban did in Pakistan. They’ll get lots of help in intel and weapons too. Finally, the sanctions by the West will be brutal on the Russian economy.

For what? Seems to be a Putin ego thing.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Again, much love and all propers to my Russian peeps, but it strikes the fuck out of me that you guys have a massively over-inflated idea of what value America would get out of going to war with you. Just don't care as much as you're being led to believe.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:04 pm His wet dream seems to involve trying to recreate the USSR, but the people don’t want back in.
If Putin wanted the restore the USSR he would be supporting the Communist Party of the Russian Federation. Putin would not have founded United Russia party and would not support United Russia.

There are places in Russia where the Communist Party are the leading voting blocks. Putin is not running on their ticket.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-communis ... 73164.html

Putin has said on a few occasions that stranded Russians are one of his preoccupations. He has said that Russians who are stranded in the Baltics, in Central Asia and in Ukraine "should come home". Over a million Ukrainian nationals have moved to Russia.

Putin's concerns in Ukraine mirror those of Khrushchev, who put missiles into Cuba because some jackass named "Kennedy" put missiles into Italy and Turkey in 1961. Khrushchev got the US to bring home their Jupiter missiles.

Nafod, there is no pressing need to do anything in Ukraine. We have no security treaty with them. The Budapest Accords were broken by NATO when they moved east. If we would not keep faith with the USSR, why keep faith with Ukraine?
Last edited by Gene on Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:09 pm People everywhere should be able to decide their own government, and that includes people that are neighbors of Putin’s Russia. We should be supporting democracy and the right to self determination everywhere on the planet.
So you accept the referendum in Crimea? Two different votes, over ninety percent did not want to work with Petro Poroshenko's "Ukraine is for Ukrainians" government. They wanted to join the Russian Federation.

Will you also accept a referendum in Donetsk and Lugansk/Luhansk? Do you think after so many years of "punishers" and shelling of cities by UAF staff that these people will ever trust Kiev again? Doubt it.

How about 2017 Catalan referendum? Do you support breaking up Spain? Pro independence forces lead the vote. The Spanish smashed it. Where is all of that big talk of self determination and democracy over here in the US?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/755 ... m-results/

So..... how do you feel about the aspirations of East Turkestanians? We call it Xinjian province today. Uighurs. How many are in detention camps? Got any investments in China, Nafod?

Gotta watch that Democracy thing, Nafod. Sometimes voters don't do what you want them to do.
Last edited by Gene on Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't like yourself too much.