Asian-American Discusses Racism

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Asian-American Discusses Racism

Post by Bram »

I guess I'm sharing this because I want to be a person who treats everyone with a basic level of kindness and respect, which is not affected by how they appear.

And thought this was a good reminder.
“It's okay lose to opponent. Must not lose to fear.” — Mr. Miyagi

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Asian-American Discusses Racism

Post by baffled »

Fuck off
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

First, respect to the man.

Second, this whole anti-Asian racism thing is something to behold. We all know who have been the perpetrators of recent, high-profile anti-Asian incidents, but since that doesn't fit the predominant narrative, it's become awkward and forced.

Third, and the guy gets it in his video, having grown up in a place that 75-80% Asian and Asian-Americans, they can be pretty damn racist too. That's the dirty secret: everyone is racist, and it's never going to stop.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Baffled? Dunno what your enigmatic f off is in reference to.

Fatty, I don’t think we’re forced to act racist, it’s just an easy path to go down.

Like if someone cuts you off in traffic — it is real easy to honk, cuss at them, maybe even it seems reasonable to follow them and wave a weapon at them.

You could also think “maybe they’re having a bad day” and go back to listening to music. That’s not the easier path, generally, but I think we’re all capable of being that person.

Heh, maybe I’ll just shut the f up tho and worry about my own behavior :)

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Baffy is an Asian American so you have now been a victimized by one because of your white supremacy. The circle of life is complete.
Bram wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:24 pm Fatty, I don’t think we’re forced to act racist, it’s just an easy path to go down.
No, we're kind of forced to. Humans have a natural in-group preference which is part of our evolved psychology. That's why all this "anti-racism" results in...surprise! *more racism*
Bram wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:24 pm Like if someone cuts you off in traffic — it is real easy to honk, cuss at them, maybe even it seems reasonable to follow them and wave a weapon at them.

You could also think “maybe they’re having a bad day” and go back to listening to music. That’s not the easier path, generally, but I think we’re all capable of being that person.
I think you know what to do with that hippie shit.
Bram wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:24 pmHeh, maybe I’ll just shut the f up tho and worry about my own behavior :)
That's always a good place to start.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Go in peace, hefty one.

Baffled, I'm glad I can help!

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 pm Baffy is an Asian American so you have now been a victimized by one because of your white supremacy. The circle of life is complete.
China is the enemy.... :butthead:

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 pm Baffy is an Asian American so you have now been a victimized by one because of your white supremacy. The circle of life is complete.
THANK YOU.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman