Chael Sonnen: This is How You Talk Shit

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Chael Sonnen: This is How You Talk Shit

Post by Fat Cat »

"I'll tell you. It was really simple," Chael said. "I got a call one day from Dana [White]. He said, 'Chael I'm putting you to work. You see, I over paid for this light-heavy who I now realize is a jerk. He's been winning fights not with brains nor with brawn, and his matches and his one-arm cartwheels are making the whole crowd yawn. I mean nobody is coming to see him, in living rooms or in bars. Why don't you send this guy to Circus Olay or Dancing With The Stars?' He handed me his wallet, his ATM card, his PIN number too. He said, 'Chael, whatever is in the account, take it. It's all for you.' I thought for a moment and I said, 'I tell you what uncle D, for you and the fans, this one's on me.' So I went and did some homework and got some tape of his fights. I suggest you all give it a try if you're ever having problems sleeping at night. They tell me he's good but I know that can't be true. I saw him get armbared by Vitor [Belfort] and he's 52. He's so boring, he made Machida fall asleep. The snooze fest he had with Rashad [Evans] or beating up on [Stephan] Bonnar -- who's older than God. Look here's the truth, believe me it is. Don't even mention Ryan Bader, he lost a fight to Tito Ortiz!"

So Jon, I'm coming to New Jersey because I've got a job to do," Sonnen added. "I'm a fully loaded cannon, and I'm pointed right at you. A little advice: go get in your car and hit another tree. Do whatever you have to do to stay away Jon; you don't want to fight me!"
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Chael Sonnen: This is How You Talk Shit

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

He really has it down to a science.

milosz

Post by milosz »

How long can you talk shit and lose, though?

DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Post by DikTracy6000 »

Some shock jocks had a trash talking contest on radio a few years ago for avid listeners. They brought Chael on for a demonstration on how it's done, he put on an awesome display. He'd obviously learned some of his technique from old WWF wrestlers. While it didn't always make sense, I always loved Macho man's schtick the best.

CharlieBob
Sarge

Post by CharlieBob »

If Chael couldn't beat Anderson Silva how in God's green earth does he think he will fair any better against a much bigger, much longer, much better wrestler in Jon Jones??

It is just sad, the guy will be lucky if he walks out of the octagon of his own volition and yet he can't stop talking shit... I guess he has to stay relevant somehow, most fighters do this by winning fights but I guess if that is to hard...
"I swear by my life and by my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine"

Kraj 2.0
Gunny

Post by Kraj 2.0 »

Chael's not winning fights because he's fighting the best of the best. Hard to fault the guy for taking top competition and falling a little short. Maybe he should beat up past-their-prime cans like Jones does to stay relative. I'd rather a guy like Sonnen or Diaz who's willing to fight anyone, anytime than someone like Jones who has to plan out every shit he takes and doesn't have the courage to take a fight on anything less than a full training camp and a half.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

He came pretty damn close to finishing Silva in their first match, so he's shown he has skills, and more, he sells fights which is what (and which you marks forget) this is all about. UFC is not fuckin little league, it's about creating heat for interesting match ups.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Hate 'em all you want...he and Diaz are the two most compelling figures in MMA.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I really don't find Diaz that compelling anymore. I think he's kind of funny now, but he's just a nut.

Chael was on Jim Rome's show on Showtime and he did an awesome interview talking about everything from PED use to guns and he was top notch. Made me a fan when I didn't really care for him before.

Diaz is seriously just a loon. And by Stockton standards, he's more or less par for the course. Stockton breeds weirdos and thugs. Seems to be a 50/50 split from what I can tell. And I've never lived more than 90 minutes from Stockton since I've been in California.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Kraj and Kaz are 100% correct

Diaz v GSP had 800,000+ buys
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Sonnen can lose and still win. He will lose to an incredible fighter, which is no shame. Then he talks up the Bones Jones vs Silva fight and speculates who is better, creating more sales and drama.

The Sonnen interview on Joe Rogan's show was good. So was the Bas Rutten one. So that would be the best interview, Sonnen and Rutten. It's about entertainment.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America