Cutting something, adding something

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

I’m on my third week of no internet browsing. Searching is fine, but it’s seldom.

Initially, it was easy. But now, all the extra time has me on edge.

I’ve added ten minutes of art a day (AWESOME!!), but it’s not enough.

The next step is to create one highly memorable experience each week — past examples include a D&D night at my apartment with all my best friends (I had dungeon music, forest music, and battle music cued up; and voices for every character they’d encounter); a Tiki party with the same people with Exotica playing, a custom cocktail I’d made to share, and every person had to bring materials for their own cocktail; and skateboarding through snow covered mountains in Colorado.

I probably have a dozen of these a year, but fifty-two sounds better.

Cutting the internet down, and replacing it with something better, are my goals. I’m not trying to force that on anyone else. I DO hope this makes one of you think of something meh to drop and rad to add :)
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

lenny
Staff Sergeant

Post by lenny »

Stopped posting on this site. Have a lot more time for my girlfriend

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Haha, glad you’re hanging out with her more. Was gonna rec this movie to you if you haven’t seen it yet, Lenny.

Ad-free (I think). “The Yin and Yang of Gerry Lopez”

https://youtu.be/GeTMPJ2B5VE
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."