Nick Diaz 4 LYFE thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Nick Diaz 4 LYFE thread

Post by TerryB »

A couple summers ago I saw Nick, Nate and one of their cornermen walking in a prominent mall in Toronto. We crossed paths and I mentioned their names. They were quite surprised that anyone in Toronto recognized them and soon enough I was chatting with them. They ended up asking me where to find different stores and events and went so far as to invite me to their hotel for the parties happening there. Nick himself gave me his number and sure enough I got together with them.

As time went on and either of the Diaz brothers had any fights, I would send a good luck type text to Nick's number. There were a couple occassions where Nick texted back and asked if I was in town where the event was because he would get me in. I never was.

Fast forward to the week before UFC 158 and it finally dawns on me that I should have already asked Nick if seeing the show in Montreal was possible. I thought about it and while I didn't want to bother him during fight week, I knew this was an exception I had to make. I sent him a txt and didn't hear anything back that day and thought 'oh well' at least I tried. The next day Nick responds to me "I will try to get you in I still haven't got my tickets yet bro". So obviously Im happy as shit and respond immediately asking if I should come down to Montreal for sure. He responded "I don't wanna promos but Im pretty sure I fan get it dun". That was good enough for me and I began to make plans.

My friend lives in Montreal and I called her to see if she was available that weekend. Sure enough she met me at the train station on Saturday noon time and we toured Montreal, eating, drinking and came back to camp out around the bell center at 6-7pm. We sat in a bar attached to the bell center called Cage du Sports and were watching the prelims by which point I had all but given up.

At 9:48pm I get a text from Diaz. "I have a ticket but I don't know how to get it to you" Immediately I starting thinking how is this gonna work. My friend says she'll wait in the bar until I come back. I said screw that. We settled up with the waitress and she said she would hold our seats for 15 mins in case we could sort things out with security. We went over to 3 different security people before the last one calls the back, takes my name, and then we waited. After a few minutes he came back with 2 tickets that he hands to me. "Section 6, Row A, Seat 1 & 2". I didn't know exactly what this meant yet but soon found out it meant that we were seated in the very front row and the only people in front of us would be the fight teams, judges, photographers, and ring girls!

They walked us to our seat and had to tell Paul Davis that people are here now so we could sit. We were seated in Diaz' team section with Cesar Gracie and his other family and friends. Paul Davis, Luke Rockhold, TUF alum were all around me. Sitting to my right was Dan Hardy and TJ Grant. Basically it was an AWESOME AWESOME time that provided to me for free and without expectations from Nick Diaz. Those tickets were worth thousands.

Everyone likes to hate Nick but don't want to understand the method to his madness. Yeah I know the thug tantrums get tired for most of you but the man is geniunely misunderstood and he is a good human being. He's just too real and has no time for diplomacy. All his points about how how MMA rules currently favour wrestling is correct in my opinion. I like MMA not because I like to see people bleed or get hurt, I like it because life really is fighting. Diaz understands the warrior spirit and lives it. I felt I needed to share this small story for people to hear something good Nick has done when all they do is talk about the bad.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Nick Diaz 4 LYFE thread

Post by Protobuilder »

protobuilder wrote:
A couple summers ago I saw Nick, Nate and one of their cornermen walking in a prominent mall in Toronto. We crossed paths and I mentioned their names. They were quite surprised that anyone in Toronto recognized them and soon enough I was chatting with them. They ended up asking me where to find different stores and events and went so far as to invite me to their hotel for the parties happening there. Nick himself gave me his number and sure enough I got together with them.

As time went on and either of the Diaz brothers had any fights, I would send a good luck type text to Nick's number. There were a couple occassions where Nick texted back and asked if I was in town where the event was because he would get me in. I never was.

Fast forward to the week before UFC 158 and it finally dawns on me that I should have already asked Nick if seeing the show in Montreal was possible. I thought about it and while I didn't want to bother him during fight week, I knew this was an exception I had to make. I sent him a txt and didn't hear anything back that day and thought 'oh well' at least I tried. The next day Nick responds to me "I will try to get you in I still haven't got my tickets yet bro". So obviously Im happy as shit and respond immediately asking if I should come down to Montreal for sure. He responded "I don't wanna promos but Im pretty sure I fan get it dun". That was good enough for me and I began to make plans.

My friend lives in Montreal and I called her to see if she was available that weekend. Sure enough she met me at the train station on Saturday noon time and we toured Montreal, eating, drinking and came back to camp out around the bell center at 6-7pm. We sat in a bar attached to the bell center called Cage du Sports and were watching the prelims by which point I had all but given up.

At 9:48pm I get a text from Diaz. "I have a ticket but I don't know how to get it to you" Immediately I starting thinking how is this gonna work. My friend says she'll wait in the bar until I come back. I said screw that. We settled up with the waitress and she said she would hold our seats for 15 mins in case we could sort things out with security. We went over to 3 different security people before the last one calls the back, takes my name, and then we waited. After a few minutes he came back with 2 tickets that he hands to me. "Section 6, Row A, Seat 1 & 2". I didn't know exactly what this meant yet but soon found out it meant that we were seated in the very front row and the only people in front of us would be the fight teams, judges, photographers, and ring girls!

They walked us to our seat and had to tell Paul Davis that people are here now so we could sit. We were seated in Diaz' team section with Cesar Gracie and his other family and friends. Paul Davis, Luke Rockhold, TUF alum were all around me. Sitting to my right was Dan Hardy and TJ Grant. Basically it was an AWESOME AWESOME time that provided to me for free and without expectations from Nick Diaz. Those tickets were worth thousands.

Everyone likes to hate Nick but don't want to understand the method to his madness. Yeah I know the thug tantrums get tired for most of you but the man is geniunely misunderstood and he is a good human being. He's just too real and has no time for diplomacy. All his points about how how MMA rules currently favour wrestling is correct in my opinion. I like MMA not because I like to see people bleed or get hurt, I like it because life really is fighting. Diaz understands the warrior spirit and lives it. I felt I needed to share this small story for people to hear something good Nick has done when all they do is talk about the bad.
What's it say?
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Ode to a Moocher.

Topic author
TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I'm not reading that crap

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

What Proto,there has to be some texts in a forum,can`t just have photos of nekkid ladies and ripe berries you know!
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Topic author
TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Yeah but that stuff should be in subforums. Actually, we could use a cooking subforum on IGX.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

And a subforum for texts that nobody wants to read!
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

And lets not forget a kettlebell forum!
"being a pussy".

Topic author
TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

When I get back to my other computer, I will give you administrator rights, Bobby. Give me a few hours.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Might be some changes then! or not.
"being a pussy".