The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Re: The couch thread

Post by bennyonesix »

Oh. So you keep the resource the same and intentionally double the competitors for it and then blame those who aren't excited about it or who lose significant resource share for being lazy?

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Look at what Glassman has done!

He has us fighting each other now!

Damn him!

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

bennyonesix wrote:Oh. So you keep the resource the same and intentionally double the competitors for it and then blame those who aren't excited about it or who lose significant resource share for being lazy?

Who the fuck wants a share of McDonalds? Or $tarbucks? Or Outback Steakhouse? Who the fuck cares if there's more competition for resources and shit jobs? It's not the Free Market's fault, that shit would happen anyway because we're breeding a hell of a lot more than we were in the 50's (and you can blame the baby boomers for that one, among many other things) and thus, there are more of us. It's up to everybody else to work harder and produce more, in order to balance the scale and rightfully so. You live in a society. It affords you certain things. Therefore, you have to give back by working harder and trying to spend your money intelligently and believe me, working harder to advance yourself is a service you not only do yourself, but society at-large, too.

America is a meritocracy, and we're supposed to want to work our way up out of the shit, toward greatness (and whatever your definition of "greatness" is doesn't matter, just so long as you fuckin' go for it).

milosz

Post by milosz »

um, the birth rate in the US is barely half of what it was in the '50s

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

milosz wrote:um, the birth rate in the US is barely half of what it was in the '50s
God damn it, milosz, always with the using facts to disprove all my best trollguments.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

I still stand-by everything else I said.

I legit thought we were having more babies, globally, but especially in the US. But I freely admit that I based that assumption on observations I've made at WAL MART and Chipotle.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Kenny X wrote:Dude, there are Americans right now, who work at McDonalds, and are unsatisfied with the wages they earn. But instead of doing something positive about it, like, uh, I dunno, what I did when I was unsatisfied with the $7/hr I was earning at $tarbucks Coffee, which was- teach myself how to program computers and get a better job in IT and work my ass off, they're bleating about how they want a pay raise to $15/hr.

The Mexicans who wash dishes, mow lawns, paint houses and do the shitwork at the construction site aren't The Problem. The Indians who get hired for all the engineering jobs aren't The Problem.

And neither is the Free Market System.

The Problem, is lazy, entitled Americans who were made that way by our increasingly namby-pamby, feel-good, we're all special, throw-away junk culture.
Wow, now we all know Americans are fucking lazy. They won't work hard. What happened to America? GDP must be in the shitter....

Oh, no it isn't. We've been growing like gangbusters. We don't see a sudden drop-off when "kids these days" got in charge and Americans stopped working hard and making money.

So where's the money? Obviously hard work is how you make more money. Let's see where that money is going and who is working so fucking hard that they're outperforming these lazy-ass entitled Americans who don't want to work.

Holy fuck. CEOs are working 30x harder than they were in the 70's. Wall Street finance people are busting their fucking asses. People with rich parents are working INCREDIBLY HARD.

Blue collar people are lazy as fuck. Middle class is so fucking lazy it's shrinking. Weirdly, people are about as lazy as their parents were. Why the fuck are people fucking up the American dream by not exercising America's economic mobility? Why do only people born rich want to work really hard?

You're an idiot. This is the couch thread. Stop it.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Bud Charniga's grape ape

Post by Bud Charniga's grape ape »

More babies total? Probably. The population is larger. But the birth rate is less. More people having fewer babies per person.
Last edited by Bud Charniga's grape ape on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Kenny X wrote:Dude, there are Americans right now, who work at McDonalds, and are unsatisfied with the wages they earn. But instead of doing something positive about it, like, uh, I dunno, what I did when I was unsatisfied with the $7/hr I was earning at $tarbucks Coffee, which was- teach myself how to program computers and get a better job in IT and work my ass off, they're bleating about how they want a pay raise to $15/hr.

The Mexicans who wash dishes, mow lawns, paint houses and do the shitwork at the construction site aren't The Problem. The Indians who get hired for all the engineering jobs aren't The Problem.

And neither is the Free Market System.

The Problem, is lazy, entitled Americans who were made that way by our increasingly namby-pamby, feel-good, we're all special, throw-away junk culture.
Wow, now we all know Americans are fucking lazy. They won't work hard. What happened to America? GDP must be in the shitter....

Oh, no it isn't. We've been growing like gangbusters. We don't see a sudden drop-off when "kids these days" got in charge and Americans stopped working hard and making money.

So where's the money? Obviously hard work is how you make more money. Let's see where that money is going and who is working so fucking hard that they're outperforming these lazy-ass entitled Americans who don't want to work.

Holy fuck. CEOs are working 30x harder than they were in the 70's. Wall Street finance people are busting their fucking asses. People with rich parents are working INCREDIBLY HARD.

Blue collar people are lazy as fuck. Middle class is so fucking lazy it's shrinking. Weirdly, people are about as lazy as their parents were. Why the fuck are people fucking up the American dream by not exercising America's economic mobility? Why do only people born rich want to work really hard?

You're an idiot. This is the couch thread. Stop it.
Kenny X is not an idiot. Kenny X is a visionary.
Bud Charniga's grape ape wrote:More babies total? Probably. The population is larger. But the birth rate is less. More people having fewer babies pooter person.
Thanks Bud!

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

bennyonesix wrote:Image
Kenny X doesn't take training or nutrition advice from fat people.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

That is a distended booze liver/kidney/gut/brain.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

He doesn't take training advice from alcoholics, either.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:So, I am having my first real up-close and personal encounter with the severe retardation that is Crossfit.

I hate Crossfit. I hope Greg Glassman, every Level 1 coach, and everybody who wears Reebok dies of AIDS. And I mean that.
Had similar issues with HS S+C folks, select coaches, and for profit training centers in our case Velocity.

Long story but coaching your own kid has a lot of drawbacks unless he is John Elway. Even then...still wanted to stay in background. But he ineptitude, lack of credibility and experience, and just plain overwhelmed by the numbers of kids they train issues were widespread. But my daughter's stress fractures and my son's throwing arm issues forced my hand and i had to intervene.

i know a lot of S+C but am by no means an expert. Tried approaching coaches and trainers and barriers from overinvolved parents immediately evident. Not there about playing time like most parents, was there about work load, varying intensity and volume, and rest before competition days. Got nowhere and for the most part a cheery GFY.

So we had the owner to dog talk. i offered to help, do a seminar, design and plan their training, and improve their product, all gratis. They all balked. So i said my son/daughter is not in your S+C program any more. My daughter was a no issue as a borderline varsity athlete but my son was good enough that they balked. Showed them what we did on paper, invited them and whole team to PL54 garage gym and dragging/sprinting/sports practice field, and told them my son would be strongest kid on team by a whole lot and have less throwing issues. But they were not going to mess up my kid.

My kids were fine. Both recovered and had no further injuries. Both were strongest and most work capacity on their teams. Other parents would sometimes ask me to train their kid. Nobody lasted more than 1 workout. Not because i knocked their dick in the dirt, but because it was so simple and basic and they wanted MOHR! Some type of squat, lots of upper back work, rarely a pressing movement (runner and baseball players, different if football. Maybe), some ab stabilization work, and then maybe some specific sport or corrective movement for that kid.

And here is the amazing thing, we spent more than 2/3 of our training time doing the sport.

Blasphemy.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Kenny X wrote:He doesn't take training advice from alcoholics, either.
If you don't take advice from fat people who drink too much, what the fuck are you doing here?
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

You mean I'm not a unique snowflake????????
Tantum validus superstes

milosz

Post by milosz »

Holy shit at this crazy chick:
http://krissymaecagney.com/blog/

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

milosz wrote:Holy shit at this crazy chick:
What a fucking psycho.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Cave Canem wrote:

Nawsir and neither is Kenny X.

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:
What a fucking psycho.
Can Kenny X get a TL;DR of that missive? Kenny X doesn't waste time reading the deranged streams-of-consciousness of whiny, orthorexic little bitches.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Kenny X wrote:
Cave Canem wrote:

What a fucking psycho.
Can Kenny X get a TL;DR of that missive? Kenny X doesn't waste time reading the deranged streams-of-consciousness of whiny, orthorexic little bitches.
"I have an ongoing history of drug addiction, alcoholism and eating disorders. Every so often I figure it out, and get healthy. Except I don't. It continues. I am currently in one of those delusional 'healthy' periods. Hang on for the next paragraph, wherein I reveal the ways in which I am currently insane, and once again convince myself I've figured it all out. Coaching others all the while."
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Kenny X wrote:
Cave Canem wrote:

What a fucking psycho.
"I have an ongoing history of drug addiction, alcoholism and eating disorders. Every so often I figure it out, and get healthy. Except I don't. It continues. I am currently in one of those delusional 'healthy' periods. Hang on for the next paragraph, wherein I reveal the ways in which I am currently insane, and once again convince myself I've figured it all out. Coaching others all the while."
Jesus Fucking Christ. Wow. Just wow.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

... now Kenny X HAS to read it. FHL

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Kenny X wrote:
Kenny X wrote:
Cave Canem wrote:

What a fucking psycho.

Stillwater
Staff Sergeant

Post by Stillwater »

Who is giving these people startup money?
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Helen Keller

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Kenny X wrote:
Kenny X wrote:
Cave Canem wrote:

What a fucking psycho.

Kenny X does not want, and even if he were available he still would not want because Kenny X has an extreme aversion to dating ex-junkies.