The Crocodile Man

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

The Crocodile Man

Post by Bram »

“With malice towards none, with charity for all.” — Abraham Lincoln

Bob Wildes

Re: The Crocodile Man

Post by Bob Wildes »

Ay caramba!
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

That croc looked as it was frolicking with him, and almost enjoying it, at parts. It was almost cute! ... Wow!

Ryan
Sgt. Major

Post by Ryan »

http://www.welovecostarica.com/public/3319print.cfm
Tarzan Tico's Friendly One Ton Pet Crocodile Pocho Has Died

Chito made friends with the crocodile after finding him with a gunshot wound on the banks of the Parismina river over 20 years ago.

He had been shot in the left eye by a cattle farmer and was close to death. But Chito enlisted the help of several friends to load the massive reptile into his boat.

He says: "When I found Pocho in the river he was dying, so I brought him into my house. He was very skinny, weighing only around 150lb I gave him chicken and fish and medicine for six months to help him recover.

I stayed by Poncho's side while he was ill, sleeping next to him at night. I just wanted him to feel that somebody loved him, that not all humans are bad. It meant a lot of sacrifice. I had to be there every day. I love all animals - especially ones that have suffered."

Chito Gilberto Graham can not hide his sadness when talking about his 17 foot, 980lb crocodile friend Pocho, who died Monday in Siquirres.

Chito and Pocho's fame transcended all borders as they were seen on television in the U.S., Spain, the U.K. South Africa and Chile and by thousands of visitors from the cruise ships.

"I came to the lake and saw he was not moving as normal. I went and talked to him and I realized he was dead," he said between tears.

"We want a funeral, to remember, because Pocho was my friend, my brother, he helped me to have a home, my car, my business, everything I have," he said.

"The people here are very sad, everyone has come to me to give me their condolences. I believe that everyone deserves to say goodbye to Pocho," he said.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Sad end to the story, but I like how they bonded, thanks for sharing Ryan
“With malice towards none, with charity for all.” — Abraham Lincoln

Ryan
Sgt. Major

Post by Ryan »

I thought it was very cool. I was sad to see the croc had passed. They're one of my favorite animals.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” -George Carlin